PDA

View Full Version : DRF Ticketmaker competition

Stillriledup
09-04-2014, 05:21 AM
Is there anything out there that goes deeper than the ticketmaker? I'm looking for something where i could assign specific percentages to each horse (not just ABC) and then gets dozens of very small tickets spit out that exactly mirrors my opinion after i tell it how much the budget is.

Thanks for any ideas.

cj
09-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Is there anything out there that goes deeper than the ticketmaker? I'm looking for something where i could assign specific percentages to each horse (not just ABC) and then gets dozens of very small tickets spit out that exactly mirrors my opinion after i tell it how much the budget is.

Thanks for any ideas.

I would think a spreadsheet could be made that is as good or better without too much trouble.

DeltaLover
09-04-2014, 01:14 PM

Thanks for any ideas.

I have written the following tool to construct long exotic tickets:

http://themindofagambler.com/exotic_studio/estudio.html

I have a short tutorial as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYI_fvqWtEs

This tool as it is it does not apply weights, although I was thinking of adding this feature since i can certainly see some value on it and if there is some interest I can talk about how this can be done and go ahead and implement it....

iceknight
09-04-2014, 01:23 PM
*I think* you can upload spreadsheet bets with BETPTC. Check with them for support

Turfday
09-05-2014, 12:48 AM
written by the late Richard Bauer (who used to post on this board)...that did EXACTLY what you have in mind.

I used it for many, many years. The beauty of the program is that it accepted either an odds line, a percentage line, or A, B, C, D ranking. The "gorgeousness" of the program was that the input TRULY reflected the handicapper's feeling about each race instead of "shotgunning" by adding horses in a given race that did not have the same chance of winning as your most favored horse or horses.

Back in those days, you had to actually write out the tickets (pre ADW) which in the amounts we were playing, could add up to a couple/few hundred tickets. Seriously. There obviously was some pressure to mark each ticket without error from human intervention.

The program maxed out at an $8,000 play...four thousand combinations.

Bauer was FAR ahead of his time with that program.