PDA

View Full Version : WATT?.....not what!

jk3521
09-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Any one tried new WATT online handicapping program ?

Partsnut
09-04-2014, 12:55 PM
I just got off the phone with Jeff Little and he was graciuos enough to guide me through the demo of his online interactive software. He showed me all the features that the software now offers and gave me a free descriptive and explanatory "E" Book

Being as I have used his program many years back, for me ,the demo was straight forward and offered a lot of solid handicapping information.
This program has been around for about 30 years.

I believe it's a fairly decent handicapping tool. The chances are that I will subscribe. Subscriptions are on a yearly basis and comes with a modest price tag.
BRIS files are used with this software and are at the users choice and expense.
This fact in itself is a big plus for me.

mabred
09-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Partsnut

since it is online only did he say it would work in a tablet??

maybe jeff will read this and reply

mabred

upthecreek
09-04-2014, 03:01 PM
Partsnut

since it is online only did he say it would work in a tablet??

maybe jeff will read this and reply

mabred

It says it works on desktops,laptops,tablets & Ipads on the site

mabred
09-04-2014, 07:44 PM
thanks!!!!! go to know

Tom
09-04-2014, 10:49 PM
I downloaded the E Book and am reading it now.

Inglewood Flamingo
09-04-2014, 11:23 PM
I downloaded the E Book and am reading it now.

Tom, was it free? Can you post the link? It appears there are numerous new e-books all for around $30-35.

Flysofree
09-05-2014, 07:45 AM
I just got off the phone with Jeff Little and he was graciuos enough to guide me through the demo of his online interactive software. He showed me all the features that the software now offers and gave me a free descriptive and explanatory "E" Book

Being as I have used his program many years back, for me ,the demo was straight forward and offered a lot of solid handicapping information.
This program has been around for about 30 years.

I believe it's a fairly decent handicapping tool. The chances are that I will subscribe. Subscriptions are on a yearly basis and comes with a modest price tag.
BRIS files are used with this software and are at the users choice and expense.
This fact in itself is a big plus for me.

Are you required to buy the Bris data files or does the yearly subscription price do the same thing with limited racing or limited in some way? Can you mention the yearly price?

upthecreek
09-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Are you required to buy the Bris data files or does the yearly subscription price do the same thing with limited racing or limited in some way? Can you mention the yearly price?

$149 annually and you use your own drf files
That's why I don't try it I'd prefer a monthly subscription

jk3521
09-05-2014, 09:28 AM
$149 annually and you use your own drf files
That's why I don't try it I'd prefer a monthly subscription

Yeah, will they still be there in a year?

Partsnut
09-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Yeah, will they still be there in a year?

I don't see why not. They've been in business for 38 years.

jk3521
09-08-2014, 09:49 PM
I don't see why not. They've been in business for 38 years.
Guess you're right! That's if the web based application stays in operation. it's different when you are getting the software to download to your computer. I'm going to look into it further,though.

Partsnut
09-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Guess you're right! That's if the web based application stays in operation. it's different when you are getting the software to download to your computer. I'm going to look into it further,though.

I've been using it and I think you will like what you see. Jeff Little is very accommodating and will explain in detail any questions you may have.
He will also give you a live demo.
if and when you subscribe you will also get an updated DOS version of the original software that will only run with DosBox on the newer operating systems or on an old XP machine, if you still have one.

hyipro
09-09-2014, 08:34 PM
I am new to the boards, and have been reading many of the discussions about using software, regarding this particular one, watt I just renewed my
subscription for another year, I use this one in conjunction with 20 or so
software programs, as far as I am concerned no matter what program is
used, they all leave a certain amount to be desired, using their own methods
they may come up with their own top 4-5 or more contenders, having experienced the "mmm" just missed that exacta, tri or super, I had a program made for me
where I enter the data for 20-25 programs, most are Bris file based and use their owns methods of selection., I rank the selections
according to a consensus model that I have designed, does it work ? Since I am currently testing the $1.00 key exacta method, my strike rate has been very good, for example 9 out of 14 exactas at the Bel nyc meet. My point being no one program has the wining matrix, but in a "group think mode consensus the results are much better"

Partsnut
09-13-2014, 10:37 AM
I am new to the boards, and have been reading many of the discussions about using software, regarding this particular one, watt I just renewed my
subscription for another year, I use this one in conjunction with 20 or so
software programs, as far as I am concerned no matter what program is
used, they all leave a certain amount to be desired, using their own methods
they may come up with their own top 4-5 or more contenders, having experienced the "mmm" just missed that exacta, tri or super, I had a program made for me
where I enter the data for 20-25 programs, most are Bris file based and use their owns methods of selection., I rank the selections
according to a consensus model that I have designed, does it work ? Since I am currently testing the $1.00 key exacta method, my strike rate has been very good, for example 9 out of 14 exactas at the Bel nyc meet. My point being no one program has the wining matrix, but in a "group think mode consensus the results are much better"

Your suggestion is well taken and makes a lot of sense to me. I currently use WATT in combination with CompuTrak and PaceAppraiser and have had some outstanding results. However, WATT can be used as a stand alone program and in my humble opinion, I personally believe that WATT is probably the best contender software on the market. :ThmbUp: