PDA

View Full Version : Backing Up to Portable Device

Flysofree
09-02-2014, 11:35 PM
2 questions
1. If there happens to be any sort of malware in my computer it will be downloaded to the device also when backing up?
2. I have it set for Backup once a week, does it automatically know where to start since the last backup or will it start from the beginning? Reason, I am asking this is tomorrow morning, I am going to have to unplug the computer to remove the cover. All devices must be unhooked first.

Thanks Much!

JustRalph
09-02-2014, 11:52 PM
2 questions
1. If there happens to be any sort of malware in my computer it will be downloaded to the device also when backing up?
2. I have it set for Backup once a week, does it automatically know where to start since the last backup or will it start from the beginning? Reason, I am asking this is tomorrow morning, I am going to have to unplug the computer to remove the cover. All devices must be unhooked first.

Thanks Much!

all those answers are "depends" on the software you are using to do the backup.

Btw, who told you all devices have to be unplugged? and that it has to be unplugged? My system is sitting on my desk right now with the side off, cables hanging out and 7-8 USB devices on a hub. It ain't pretty, but it works

I am going to say this again.....find a tech........

vegasone
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Probably reading the manual will help with the questions?

Flysofree
09-04-2014, 11:18 AM
I never would have thought of that...Thanks !