PDA

View Full Version : "They knew"..Banana Thief in a gallop..

TheEdge07
09-01-2014, 02:32 PM
"They" got 2/1 on Banana Thief...

Serling on twitter in disbelief..

"Banana Thief going off at 2/1 for no explicable reason, somehow finding speed, and galloping."

According to Steven Crist no such group exist...

thaskalos
09-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Come on...what do "they" know? :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
09-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Come on...what do "they" know? :rolleyes:

How to bet on winners? Unlike us. :D

HuggingTheRail
09-01-2014, 02:56 PM
So, you are saying banana thief = monkey business???

fmolf
09-01-2014, 03:02 PM
please....he was one of 2 horses with a race and he had fig close enough to par to be the winner....and his sire was kittens joy......lots of conspiracy theorists out there.......Why play if you believe the game is rigged?...throw your money at slots or blackjack then.

TheEdge07
09-01-2014, 03:04 PM
please....he was one of 2 horses with a race and he had fig close enough to par to be the winner....and his sire was kittens joy......lots of conspiracy theorists out there.......Why play if you believe the game is rigged?...throw your money at slots or blackjack then.

I was just pointing it out thats all...

TheEdge07
09-01-2014, 03:05 PM
So, you are saying banana thief = monkey business???

Nicely done...

PhantomOnTour
09-01-2014, 03:09 PM
You beat me to it...
why are folks all up in arms?
He showed he clearly prefers turf and improved his pace figs immensely in start #2.
Why would another move forward on his favorite surface surprise anyone?
His trainer is pretty good too.

thaskalos
09-01-2014, 03:18 PM

Are you telling this to Andy Serling? Because he seemed as surprised by this as anyone else...

Maybe it should be YOU doing the handicapping for NYRA.

PhantomOnTour
09-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Are you telling this to Andy Serling? Because he seemed as surprised by this as anyone else...

Good Lord - stop the drama.

I didn't play the race. Looked it over, saw all the debut runners and never looked again, until I read this thread.
It took me about 20secs to realize why this guy got bet.
>one of only two experienced runners
>big speed fig improvement when moved to the surface he was bred for
>huge pace fig improvement too (BRIS has him as fast as the only other experienced runner in the field)
>shares the top turf breeding rating according to BRIS

I am not knocking Andy or anyone else who was surprised by this, I just happen to disagree.

Stillriledup
09-01-2014, 04:14 PM
This thread is far over my head, so can someone explain to me why a 5-2 ML who's the only horse with experience is such a shock that he won easily at 2-1?

What am i missing?

LottaKash
09-01-2014, 04:45 PM
This thread is far over my head, so can someone explain to me why a 5-2 ML who's the only horse with experience is such a shock that he won easily at 2-1?

What am i missing?

I thought that too...:confused:

fmolf
09-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Andy Serling is a tremendous handicapper...not infallible nor is he" Pittsburgh Phil"...the best hitters in baseball fail 2/3rds of the time!last i checked anyone who could pick 30% winners was a great handicapper,but one who still loses 2 out of every 3 bets!