PDA

View Full Version : Browser Problem

laker
08-30-2014, 09:44 PM
I have a Gateway Laptop with Vista. The browser will freeze up or keeps spinning and never connects to the website. Help!!

headhawg
08-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Download and install a different browser? Use a different computer or have someone download the browser install program to a flash drive and then copy it to your machine.

HUSKER55
08-31-2014, 07:52 AM
uninstall your current browser and install chrome.

IE is slow [IMO] and hogs memory [IMO]. Grand Kids use chrome. :)

I don't know if this will do any good but I have found that 8 gigs of ram solves a lot of issues. There is a reason a computer runs slow, bad program or not enough memory.

JMHO

wilderness
08-31-2014, 09:02 AM
Not sure if the following is your particular problem or not, nor am I aware of any method of conformation.

I've read that the Windows Vista was way ahead of its time. MS created the OS with the IPv6 in place (even though today nearly all servers still use IPv4) for internet access.
MS was unable to resolve the issue with updates and that failure is supposed to be the reason for the failure of Vista.
MS did resolve the issue with customers by offering the option to downgrade to XP.

In summary, if your having access issues with Vista, the likely resolution is another OS.

senortout
08-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Maybe its your intenet connection. Are there other computers in the house and are they connecting(using the same setup, of course)?