PDA

View Full Version : We are the dumbest country in history

JustRalph
08-28-2014, 05:52 PM
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/mayor-adult-illegal-aliens-graying-hair-enrolled-public-schools

We let this kind of shit occur? We are beyond the pale when it comes to political correctness and wholesale stupidity.

We deserve to crash and burn and this country is going to be turned into Mexico as we watch..........

lamboguy
08-28-2014, 06:02 PM
why yes, but i give this place about another 30 years to live.

Clocker
08-28-2014, 06:03 PM
the school district was directed by the federal government not to verify the age of the foreign enrollees, Kennedy said.

As our government has patiently explained to you before, illegal immigrants have a right to privacy. Asking for age verification would obviously be a gross violation of their human rights.

Does this mean that the actual undocumented minors cannot be asked for ID to purchase beer?

FantasticDan
08-28-2014, 06:12 PM
This opinion piece details the "imaginary scapegoats" discussed in Ralph's link..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbankan-anti-immigration-groups-imaginary-scapegoats/2014/08/27/9187234e-2e2f-11e4-9b98-848790384093_story.html

But upon closer inspection, Kennedy’s tale of woe doesn’t quite add up. Those kids with wrinkles and gray hair? She admitted she hadn’t seen them herself. And the “surge” of unaccompanied minors Kennedy has felt? It predates the actual surge at the border, which has been building for a couple of years but exploded only in 2014.

Clocker
08-28-2014, 06:30 PM
More details on the situation here. (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382483/adult-illegal-immigrants-posing-children-enroll-high-school-ryan-lovelace)

Complete with senior class photos of some 18 year olds.

JustRalph
08-28-2014, 06:30 PM
Well, we have to have somebody in that area? Is it real or not?

If it's bullshit, then Lynn Mass is the dumbest city in the country for electing that Mayor.

Btw, if the Mayor made it all up, the Mayor should be recalled.

JustRalph
08-28-2014, 06:37 PM
More details on the situation here. (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382483/adult-illegal-immigrants-posing-children-enroll-high-school-ryan-lovelace)

Complete with senior class photos of some 18 year olds.

A reverse google image search reveals the first image from that article only appears in pages talking about the same subject.

Has the school system verified those pic's? That would be interesting to know

fast4522
08-28-2014, 07:04 PM
"You are a conservative who spreads fear and loathing almost around the clock around here"

Hey JR, you know the fur on the back of stinks neck is standing up with this thread. :lol:

It is strange how some feel that it is perfectly normal to turn everything upside down for change. To bring all systems to the breaking point and no one will do or say or even post about it.

Hoofless_Wonder
08-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Hopefully the gray-haired students will learn the definition of the word "illegal", 'cause that seems to be a problem today.

As I was driving down I-5 south of Seattle yesterday, I saw a bumper sticker on a SUV with the phrase "Immigrant rights are human rights". Seems it's part of this group:

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/campaigns/immigrants-rights-are-human-rights

The lady driving the SUV was wearing a burka, or something like a burka, covering most of her face and I (assume) all of her hair. If it was a woman. But I thought to myself, this person is probably going to be surprised and outraged some day when a good-old-boy who's been out of work for a couple of years knocks her nice vehicle into the weeds. A sort of 1st Amendment meets Darwin's Law moment....

NJ Stinks
08-28-2014, 07:33 PM
"You are a conservative who spreads fear and loathing almost around the clock around here"

Hey JR, you know the fur on the back of stinks neck is standing up with this thread. :lol:

It is strange how some feel that it is perfectly normal to turn everything upside down for change. To bring all systems to the breaking point and no one will do or say or even post about it.

Not quite, Fast One. Fantastic Dan's link spoiled Ralph's fear and loathing attempt once again.

JustRalph
08-28-2014, 07:42 PM
Not quite, Fast One. Fantastic Dan's link spoiled Ralph's fear and loathing attempt once again.

I'd say the jury is still out. He's tried to spoil my threads before and got turned back. It's not a competition by the way. If the article is wrong, so be it. I'm fair about it. If it's wrong then I can go along.

I would love to know if there really are 20-30 something's enrolling. You have to admit, if it's true........Christ! We are stupid........

NJ Stinks
08-28-2014, 08:02 PM
I'd say the jury is still out. He's tried to spoil my threads before and got turned back. It's not a competition by the way. If the article is wrong, so be it. I'm fair about it. If it's wrong then I can go along.

I would love to know if there really are 20-30 something's enrolling. You have to admit, if it's true........Christ! We are stupid........

I agree if it is true. But that's the point - we have no idea. Yet you still insist on starting this thread with:

"We deserve to crash and burn and this country is going to be turned into Mexico as we watch.........."

fast4522
08-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Hey Stinks fair question to you, when the crash does occur who should be first over the cliff?

NJ Stinks
08-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Hey Stinks fair question to you, when the crash does occur who should be first over the cliff?

That's more like a trick question! :)

I don't see a crash in the forseeable future. But, I will say that our eventual downfall may be caused by the have nots revolting against the haves.

fast4522
08-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Not meant as a trick question, will occur before we die.
If the US dollar is @ 78% now as the standard, maybe I am wrong so feel free to correct me on the percentage. When it is devalued into the 60's how big a 2x4 will one need for his ass? Consequences for today will happen in our lifetime, those who dispute this consumed too many substances they should have abstained from.

JustRalph
08-28-2014, 08:30 PM
I agree if it is true. But that's the point - we have no idea. Yet you still insist on starting this thread with:

"We deserve to crash and burn and this country is going to be turned into Mexico as we watch.........."

I stand by that quote....... :lol:

NJ Stinks
08-28-2014, 09:32 PM
I stand by that quote....... :lol:

Ralph, we may disagree on a few things but your good nature is obvious. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

JustRalph
08-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Ralph, we may disagree on a few things but your good nature is obvious. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Ditto...... :ThmbUp:

Tom
08-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

This is part of the problem - he clearly said it was an opinion piece.
And you ate it like candy.

Clocker
08-28-2014, 11:06 PM
This is part of the problem - he clearly said it was an opinion piece.
And you ate it like candy.

The article raised questions about facts, but it neither proved nor disproved anything. No one has even questioned the assertion that the feds are not allowing the locals to demand proof of age. The local schools have to enforce local laws. If this is fact, and there is zero evidence to assume otherwise, the feds are usurping local authority without due process.

The feds are requiring the TSA to accept these undocumented illegals as passengers on commercial flights, why would they care about running roughshod over local laws about qualifications to register in a local school.

Tom
08-28-2014, 11:11 PM
The alleged president of mexico called for states to get up to speed with California. When a third of mexicans has stated they would come here if they could, this idiot needs to shut his fat mouth and figure out why his country is such a toilet bowl that people are flocking out of it.

Clocker
08-29-2014, 12:18 AM
The alleged president of mexico called for states to get up to speed with California. When a third of mexicans has stated they would come here if they could, this idiot needs to shut his fat mouth and figure out why his country is such a toilet bowl that people are flocking out of it.

Nancy Pelosi says we are all part of one big community that just happens to have a border running across it.

Beloved Leader is obviously working hard to remove all those messy little impediments like borders and citizenship and such, and then we can all live happily ever after. :cool:

HUSKER55
08-29-2014, 03:52 AM
That's more like a trick question! :)

I don't see a crash in the forseeable future. But, I will say that our eventual downfall may be caused by the have nots revolting against the haves.

a man goes out, works hard, pays the price and succeeds and he owes you something cause you chose to stay home and watch tv.

Success is a 24-7 job. Those who sow, reap.

thaskalos
08-29-2014, 04:19 AM
a man goes out, works hard, pays the price and succeeds and he owes you something cause you chose to stay home and watch tv.

Success is a 24-7 job. Those who sow, reap.

If this is true, then WE must all be failures...because we all spend a significant amount of time arguing on the internet.

Robert Goren
08-29-2014, 10:19 AM
If it was half as bad here as the far right claims, nobody would be trying to come here.
I think is safe to assume that the immigrant adults in school are tying learn English so they can get a job. . The is only way to stop illegal immigration, take way the jobs. Until the congress passes laws requiring mandatory jail time for employers of the illegals, this problem is not going to end. I am not holding my breath. Walls are not going to stop them. Troops on the border isn't go to either. No jobs, very few illegals.

Tom
08-29-2014, 10:28 AM
Land mines.

BlueShoe
08-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Land mines.
Texas Rangers circa 1840-1860.
Comanches circa 1750-1875.
Apaches circa 1750-1885.

OntheRail
08-29-2014, 12:06 PM
If it was half as bad here as the far right claims, nobody would be trying to come here.
I think is safe to assume that the immigrant adults in school are tying learn English so they can get a job. . The is only way to stop illegal immigration, take way the jobs. Until the congress passes laws requiring mandatory jail time for employers of the illegals, this problem is not going to end. I am not holding my breath. Walls are not going to stop them. Troops on the border isn't go to either. No jobs, very few illegals.

As far as learning English.. I say BS EVERYTHING has that press #X to continue in Spanish.... Just trying to be a "Child" to fit the narrative from DC. Hey how bout telliig the Administration to HALT the promise of free shit and immediate deportation.... bet the tide would turn. But I agree Tom Land Mines worked wonders on the Berlin Wall.

JustRalph
08-29-2014, 01:41 PM
My wife refused to hire a vendor the other day because he demanded she speak Spanish with him. He brought his teenage son to speak English to her while they negotiated a deal. Her first question was "how long has he been here? ". The teen answered "13 years". She told them to get out of the building

Tom
08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Texas Rangers circa 1840-1860.
Comanches circa 1750-1875.
Apaches circa 1750-1885.

Sitting Bull had land mines????

classhandicapper
08-29-2014, 03:17 PM

Lots of people from 3rd world countries and oppressive political systems are trying to come here because it's better here than where they are now. But that does not mean conditions in the US are improving. IMO they are clearly getting worse, except for those that already have capital to invest globally. However, even that is probably a short term phenomenon driven by easy money from the Fed and other central bankers inflating asset values.

The US is clearly in the early stages of a huge down cycle due to government promises that can't be kept and open borders for low skilled uneducated immigrants that will be a net negative for at least a generation.

About the only hope I see is importing about 100 million people with some combination of being highly educated, highly motivated, highly skilled, business oriented, savers, with money, from India and the far east to offset the hole we are digging ourselves into now.

GaryG
08-29-2014, 03:43 PM
My wife refused to hire a vendor the other day because he demanded she speak Spanish with him. He brought his teenage son to speak English to her while they negotiated a deal. Her first question was "how long has he been here? ". The teen answered "13 years". She told them to get out of the buildingThat is why they will always be a minority. Look at the Asians that came here from Vietnam, China etc. They assimilate, learn the language, customs and eventually they are just like anyone else. Wonder why Asians are not given mimority status by the govt? Then you have Mexicans, often 2nd and 3rd generation (Born in East LA). As long as they maintain their "cultural identity" by speaking Spanish only their opportunities are severely limited. That is, until we make Spanish our official language. You never know with administrations like this one...

Greyfox
08-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Not to take anyone off the thread topic, but the statement posed was:

"We are the dumbest country in history"

This cannot possibly be.
How can any nation that spends millions of adult man-hours every week watching Homer Simpson re-runs, possibly be the dumbest country in history? I ask you.:rolleyes:

(Even several of the most enlightened posters here from across the political spectrum have confessed their love of The Simpsons on another thread.)

BlueShoe
08-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Sitting Bull had land mines????Sitting Bull was from the Hunkpapa band of the Lakota or Teton Sioux. He lived hundreds of miles north of the Mexican border, and could not have helped us.

In historical times both the Comanches and Apaches raided deep into Mexico. The Apaches in particular had a deep hatred for Mexicans. At certain periods their raids almost totally depopulated large parts of northern Sonora and Chihuahua. Too bad we cannot bring them back. They would work cheap and provide their own horses and weapons, and steal what food, water, and fresh horses they needed from the Mexicans. We might have to provide them with some ammo and other odds and ends, but other than that, they would be good to go. No land mines wanted or required.

Robert Goren
08-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Sitting Bull was from the Hunkpapa band of the Lakota or Teton Sioux. He lived hundreds of miles north of the Mexican border, and could not have helped us.

In historical times both the Comanches and Apaches raided deep into Mexico. The Apaches in particular had a deep hatred for Mexicans. At certain periods their raids almost totally depopulated large parts of northern Sonora and Chihuahua. Too bad we cannot bring them back. They would work cheap and provide their own horses and weapons, and steal what food, water, and fresh horses they needed from the Mexicans. We might have to provide them with some ammo and other odds and ends, but other than that, they would be good to go. No land mines wanted or required.This post convinced me that there are some people in the US are very poorly educated in history and lack the basic logic skills to see their faulty reasoning. Maybe we are in worse shape than I thought.

Clocker
08-29-2014, 06:47 PM
We might have to provide them with some ammo and other odds and ends,

And ObamaCare. :rolleyes:

thaskalos
08-29-2014, 07:55 PM
We are clearly not the dumbest country in history. It's just that we are not as smart as we THINK we are.

fast4522
08-29-2014, 08:46 PM
Clearly we are, no other United States President has ever given a Russian President such a boost in stature. What a complete joke we the people are for electing him, you will cry out loud before your a grandfather.

BlueShoe
08-29-2014, 11:03 PM
This post convinced me that there are some people in the US are very poorly educated in history and lack the basic logic skills to see their faulty reasoning.
Okay Bobby, aside from a bit of sarcasm and humor mixed in with the science fiction, point out to us one single historical error.

Tom
08-29-2014, 11:29 PM
How can any nation that spends millions of adult man-hours every week watching Homer Simpson re-runs, possibly be the dumbest country in history? I ask you.:rolleyes:

(Even several of the most enlightened posters here from across the political spectrum have confessed their love of The Simpsons on another thread.)

D'oh!

cj's dad
08-29-2014, 11:48 PM
We are clearly not the dumbest country in history. It's just that we are not as smart as we THINK we are.

On our worst day, we are not as inconsequential as Greece. Has contributed ZERO to the world since WHEN? Restaurants in America. Cars. planes, trains, space travel. medical breakthroughs, etc............. Greece ??? !!! laughing stock of the free world.

Gyros anyone ?

thaskalos
08-30-2014, 01:37 AM
On our worst day, we are not as inconsequential as Greece. Has contributed ZERO to the world since WHEN? Restaurants in America. Cars. planes, trains, space travel. medical breakthroughs, etc............. Greece ??? !!! laughing stock of the free world.

Gyros anyone ?
Your hostility is misplaced, friend. I've never said that Greece is "consequential"...nor was I the one who declared that the USA was the dumbest country in history. My country is just a tiny speck in a vast world...and we Greeks apologize if we haven't contributed to "space travel" or "medical breakthroughs". Yes...it's been a very long time since Greece contributed to the world...but my country's contribution to the world is not easily repaid.

Germany has called Greece the laughing stock of the world too...and that was funny coming from the country that brought unfathomable anguish to the world, not once...but twice. I guess all is forgotten when you produce some fancy cars... :rolleyes:

TJDave
08-30-2014, 03:44 AM
I guess all is forgotten when you produce some fancy cars... :rolleyes:

Don't sell yourself short:

http://jalopnik.com/5888188/the-greeks-had-the-technology-to-build-a-car-in-60-ad

Exotic1
08-30-2014, 10:51 AM

Gyros anyone ?

This story came across my desk recently. It's an unbelievable story of Greek heroism and bravery that occurred not too long ago and is really beyond belief. Please read the story in the links below.

The Island's Bishop and Mayor actively put themselves in a position where they were certain to be shot. The odds had to be 1/5 that the Nazi officer would have shot both the Bishop and Mayor on the spot and shot another 10 Greeks just to make "examples". The Bishop and Mayor weren't themselves targeted - all they had to do was point out where a certain group was located or hiding on the Island. The case would have been closed. But they actively defied a Nazi decree and it wasn't just the Bishop and Mayor. The entire Island of Zakynthos were heroes. They all agreed to the plan and put themselves in danger as you can see from the articles.

I understand that Curtisonthebay post related to technological contributions, economic success and other important areas. But I had to point out and acknowledge the modern day Greek heroes.

Here's a link to the true story:

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4Dcgi/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite6_1_09/07/2014_541210

Here is a link to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-M...476282222484802

A link to a short documentary:

http://www.nomanisanislandfilm.com/

A link showing the Mayor's wife:

http://www.nomanisanislandfilm.com/mayors-wife-to-producers-there-were-no-heroes-on-zakynthos/

There is a wealth of information going through those web pages.

thaskalos
08-30-2014, 11:59 AM
This story came across my desk recently. It's an unbelievable story of Greek heroism and bravery that occurred not too long ago and is really beyond belief. Please read the story in the links below.

The Island's Bishop and Mayor actively put themselves in a position where they were certain to be shot. The odds had to be 1/5 that the Nazi officer would have shot both the Bishop and Mayor on the spot and shot another 10 Greeks just to make "examples". The Bishop and Mayor weren't themselves targeted - all they had to do was point out where a certain group was located or hiding on the Island. The case would have been closed. But they actively defied a Nazi decree and it wasn't just the Bishop and Mayor. The entire Island of Zakynthos were heroes. They all agreed to the plan and put themselves in danger as you can see from the articles.

I understand that Curtisonthebay post related to technological contributions, economic success and other important areas. But I had to point out and acknowledge the modern day Greek heroes.

Here's a link to the true story:

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4Dcgi/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite6_1_09/07/2014_541210

Here is a link to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-M...476282222484802

A link to a short documentary:

http://www.nomanisanislandfilm.com/

A link showing the Mayor's wife:

http://www.nomanisanislandfilm.com/mayors-wife-to-producers-there-were-no-heroes-on-zakynthos/

There is a wealth of information going through those web pages.

Thanks for this article...I enjoyed it very much. Greece is indeed the land of "heroes". We even INVENTED the word...for heaven's sake. :)

I know very well what CJ's Dad was alluding to...but Greece is not the country to pick on when world contributions are being discussed. There isn't an art or a science that doesn't have Greek thought as its foundation...and that's enough for one country to contribute...IMO.

Yes...Greece's recent "leaders" have plunged this country to previously unimagined levels of hopelesssness and despair. I have very close relatives who live there...and I worry about them daily. But these unscrupulous political leaders who were responsible for this mess are a very poor representation of what the Greek people are about. The Greek is a hard-working, proud individual...who has planted roots in every corner of the world. He earns his keep, and he pays his way...and the world benefits from having him around. Even today.

cj's dad
08-30-2014, 02:24 PM
No hostility intended- having a little fun. I wanted to see how long before you responded. Some of my best friends are Gliks (well 1 anyway) Steve (Stavros) Pappas. If ever in town check out this place, best restaurant around.

http://www.opentable.com/pappas-restaurant-parkville

My friend JustRalph will attest to that !

thaskalos
08-30-2014, 03:22 PM
No hostility intended- having a little fun. I wanted to see how long before you responded. Some of my best friends are Gliks (well 1 anyway) Steve (Stavros) Pappas. If ever in town check out this place, best restaurant around.

http://www.opentable.com/pappas-restaurant-parkville

My friend JustRalph will attest to that !

No surprise there...the Greek restaurants are revered throughout the world. :)

"Stavros"...you say. It couldn't be THIS guy...could it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tu0PAbW75A

Exotic1
08-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks for this article...I enjoyed it very much. Greece is indeed the land of "heroes". We even INVENTED the word...for heaven's sake. :)

I know very well what CJ's Dad was alluding to...but Greece is not the country to pick on when world contributions are being discussed. There isn't an art or a science that doesn't have Greek thought as its foundation...and that's enough for one country to contribute...IMO.

Yes...Greece's recent "leaders" have plunged this country to previously unimagined levels of hopelesssness and despair. I have very close relatives who live there...and I worry about them daily. But these unscrupulous political leaders who were responsible for this mess are a very poor representation of what the Greek people are about. The Greek is a hard-working, proud individual...who has planted roots in every corner of the world. He earns his keep, and he pays his way...and the world benefits from having him around. Even today.

Thaskalos,

What you say is obvious. I was trying to put some distance between the mundane (teasing) and something special.