PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland's dirt course is complete

Tall One
08-28-2014, 09:14 AM
Workouts this morning:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/q81/s526x395/10544408_10152227449532186_1738943615763900218_n.j pg?oh=1f6a71efc05c8827dcd0ae89f97bfef2&oe=5460DAE2

Some_One
08-28-2014, 11:34 AM
So how long till someone on here says the track is too fast or too slow and they won't play there because of it?

Kybred
08-28-2014, 11:50 AM
I am anxious to see how the dirt does and if there is bias like with the poly. Guess they had to do this out of necessity to host BC along with pleasing the masses. That only leaves one AW track here now and that is at Turfway. One thing about Keeneland though is I will put it up against any track in the nation for the hottest chicks, especially in the spring...all the U.K. girls go out there.

WP1981
08-28-2014, 12:16 PM
I am anxious to see how the dirt does and if there is bias like with the poly. Guess they had to do this out of necessity to host BC along with pleasing the masses. That only leaves one AW track here now and that is at Turfway. One thing about Keeneland though is I will put it up against any track in the nation for the hottest chicks, especially in the spring...all the U.K. girls go out there.

This is crazy talk. Ever been to Del Mar?

;)

thespaah
08-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Arlington Park is still plastic..
And you are correct.
Keeneland gives Saratoga a run for its money in the "eye candy" department

Kybred
08-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Just sayin' Guys, We have the best looking women, especially if they still have their teeth.

Rex Phinney
08-28-2014, 12:54 PM
This is crazy talk. Ever been to Del Mar?

;)

Del Mar Opening Day = END OF DISCUSSION

Kybred
08-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Haven't been to Delmar and won't go, (earth shakes too much for me), but fact as I know it, Cal women are made of plastic and botox, KY women...well they are for the most part...au natural, and let's face it bourbon versus wine...well no contest there IMHO. This is fun but we are going to get moderator scolded.

Rex Phinney
08-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Haven't been to Delmar and won't go, (earth shakes too much for me), but fact as I know it, Cal women are made of plastic and botox, KY women...well they are for the most part...au natural, and let's face it bourbon versus wine...well no contest there IMHO. This is fun but we are going to get moderator scolded.

You watch too much T.V.

I'd get into it further, but you are claiming the women in Kentucky are on a level equal to those at Del Mar, so I must assume you are unreasonable.

Kybred
08-28-2014, 01:46 PM
Not being unreasonable at all, just having a little fun and stating an opinion from my point of view. Don't watch much TV except for sports and news. I'm sure that from your perspective, you feel just exactly as I do. I do know this, Keeneland will be an excellent venue for BC next year (it is 2015 right) and KY will host the party very well...we always do when it comes to horse racing, just hope the weather is fair for it.

Mineshaft
08-28-2014, 03:38 PM
So how long till someone on here says the track is too fast or too slow and they won't play there because of it?

1st day of there fall meet

thespaah
08-28-2014, 10:37 PM
You watch too much T.V.

I'd get into it further, but you are claiming the women in Kentucky are on a level equal to those at Del Mar, so I must assume you are unreasonable.
Dial it down. This is supposed to be a fun discussion.
I realize you folks on the Left Coast are the brunt of jokes, but jeez...Take it easy.

horses4courses
08-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Just sayin' Guys, We have the best looking women, especially if they still have their teeth.

Teeth are overrated :lol:

kingfin66
08-28-2014, 11:56 PM
I was expecting this track to be about fake dirt, but it turned out to be about fake tits?!

BMustang
08-29-2014, 12:08 AM
Arlington Park is still plastic..
And you are correct.
Keeneland gives Saratoga a run for its money in the "eye candy" department
Most of the "eye candy" at the Spa is forty/fiftyish.

JustRalph
08-29-2014, 12:50 AM

Right in their prime :lol:

Rex Phinney
08-29-2014, 03:15 AM
Dial it down. This is supposed to be a fun discussion.
I realize you folks on the Left Coast are the brunt of jokes, but jeez...Take it easy.

The brunt of jokes??? WTF is that supposed to mean? You one of those guys who just like to bump his gums putting down the "left coast" or what?

You want to throw the ladies from anywhere else in the discussion? Aside from maybe Florida nothing else compares. Come on whatcha got?

Del Mar has it covered from the private school coeds at USD to the over the hill cougars from La Jolla, I assure you noone is keeping up.

How's that for "dialing it down". Find another tree to piss on pal

FlyinLate
08-29-2014, 07:45 AM
The brunt of jokes??? WTF is that supposed to mean? You one of those guys who just like to bump his gums putting down the "left coast" or what?

You want to throw the ladies from anywhere else in the discussion? Aside from maybe Florida nothing else compares. Come on whatcha got?

Del Mar has it covered from the private school coeds at USD to the over the hill cougars from La Jolla, I assure you noone is keeping up.

Someone is affected. Relax. I'd hate to be at a track with you discussing selections and watch you get all upset if I don't like your pick.

Everyone has an opinion. It wasn't a dig at you. A lot of people outside California like to take their shots at it, just like a lot of Cali folks think their state is Gods gift to earth.

Rex Phinney
08-29-2014, 11:26 AM
Someone is affected. Relax. I'd hate to be at a track with you discussing selections and watch you get all upset if I don't like your pick.

Everyone has an opinion. It wasn't a dig at you. A lot of people outside California like to take their shots at it, just like a lot of Cali folks think their state is Gods gift to earth.

It's a silly thing to even debate anyway. I just didn't like that it seemingly turned into one more reason for to call California the "brunt of jokes".

We wear shorts to work out here, no one takes things to serious.

Mineshaft
08-29-2014, 11:29 AM

that works for me...

Rex Phinney
08-29-2014, 01:26 PM
that works for me...

Being in my early 30's my taste in women is changing. it's weird. I think it's easy for a woman to look good when she is young, but one who can pull it off as the years pass is appealing.

Kybred
08-29-2014, 02:25 PM
You all really get to wear shorts to work? Man I'd get eat up with briars and ticks, plus I'd look like a watermelon with two toothpicks stuck in the bottom of it. Ever been to Kentucky Rex? Lots of folks here from California to avoid property taxes and I have worked for several of them, really nice folks. My sister was born at Travis AFB when my Dad was in the service. It's not all bad on my part bro.

Rex Phinney
08-29-2014, 05:01 PM
You all really get to wear shorts to work? Man I'd get eat up with briars and ticks, plus I'd look like a watermelon with two toothpicks stuck in the bottom of it. Ever been to Kentucky Rex? Lots of folks here from California to avoid property taxes and I have worked for several of them, really nice folks. My sister was born at Travis AFB when my Dad was in the service. It's not all bad on my part bro.

Yes we wear shorts to work out here no problem. My name is on the door so I suppose I could show up naked if I wanted. LOL

My wife dreams of living in either Kentucky or Texas. She is a terribly misplaced southern belle I think.

tanner12oz
08-29-2014, 08:59 PM
I vote keeneland in the KY vs ny girls discussion...all racetrack girls in every state are gorgeous though...finest girls on the planet are at the racetrack on the big days

thespaah
08-30-2014, 12:13 AM
Teeth are overrated :lol:
Ok, I was gonna throw some double entendre in there, but in the interest of decency and not wanting to attract the wrong kind of attention from the "Principal", I'll sit this one out..... :rolleyes:

thespaah
08-30-2014, 12:24 AM

Yeah..California is a stand up comic's best bat in the bag.
I'm not putting down anything.
And I am not going down the road of "hostile" comparisons. That I will leave up to you.
You have your likes. I have mine. Neither is better than the other. Because it's all opinion. I happen to think California chicks are the same plasticized fake boobed gold digging waifs as Jersey chicks.....Except California chicks don't have that annoying nasal accent.
I stated California gets made fun of because that's what happens. I did not start the trend. I can crack on California in lots of ways. So what? People make fun of New York all the time. And everybody gets it.
You on ether other hand have decided I need to urinate on a Sequoia.....
So now it's your turn. Continue the hostility if you like. Or you can put a cold compress on your head and come back from La La land.
Your choice...or we can say "screw you to each other" and never respond again. I'm a pretty nice guy. Until...
I'm good either way.

therussmeister
08-30-2014, 11:02 AM
So anyway, I hear Keeneland's dirt course is done. There used to be a thread about it here.

Kybred
08-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Since I instigated the "girl" talk, I'll make up for it by posting these:

http://wdrb.images.worldnow.com/images/4600759_G.jpg

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/weku/files/201408/4track.jpg

Fall meet begins October 3.

Tall One
09-03-2014, 02:19 PM
So anyway, I hear Keeneland's dirt course is done. There used to be a thread about it here.

Yeah, I read that somewhere too, russ.

One more note, and don't know if it's been mentioned, the 5F training track just behind the main oval will retain its Polytrack.

iceknight
09-06-2014, 11:27 PM
Since I instigated the "girl" talk, I'll make up for it by posting these:

http://wdrb.images.worldnow.com/images/4600759_G.jpg

http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/weku/files/201408/4track.jpg

Fall meet begins October 3. nice thanks.

By the way, they say a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush. So unless y'all are posting selfies or group pics of yourself with pretty ladies, these discussions are moot. ;)