PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to out-of-competition testing?

Dark Horse
08-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Just wondering. Is it even happening?

I would like to see the horses of ten trainers tested, without prior knowledge, every single week of the year.

Or is the only time we hear something when Peta does an undercover story?

Dark Horse
08-27-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't wish to stir things up in a negative way, but would it be ok to have a list of highly suspect trainers on this site? A list that everybody can refer to if they wish.

rastajenk
08-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Tested for what?

PaceAdvantage
08-28-2014, 01:15 PM
I don't wish to stir things up in a negative way, but would it be ok to have a list of highly suspect trainers on this site? A list that everybody can refer to if they wish.I don't like this idea.

GameTheory
08-28-2014, 02:06 PM
I don't like this idea.
You could call it "The List Of REALLY REALLY Good Trainers"

Stillriledup
08-28-2014, 02:08 PM
You could call it "The List Of REALLY REALLY Good Trainers"

Then, add this guy .>>>>>> ;)

QTwithTQ
08-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Not sure what Brereton Jones would say about out of competition testing, but his recent interview with Thoroughbred Racing Commentary is interesting. I especially agree with this quote:

"... Lasix is not the culprit that some people have tried to paint it as... We’ve got people motivated to really do something positive to help the horse industry, and if we expend that energy on Lasix, I personally think that would be a mistake, because I think we’ve got to put the main focus on strengthening the penalties for doping horses.”

Here's a link to the entire interview if you are interested - Brereton Jones interview (https://www.thoroughbredracing.com/articles/jones-either-we-eliminate-problem-or-problem-going-eliminate-us)