PDA

View Full Version : New SPY weekly strikes suck. Anyone else.

Tape Reader
08-25-2014, 08:19 PM
New SPY weekly strikes suck. Anyone else? Volume has dried up.

Minimum strike price intervals of not less than 1 point are permissible if the strike price is equal to or less than $200. When the strike price exceeds $200, strike price intervals will be no less than 5 points.

highnote
08-31-2014, 05:07 PM
New SPY weekly strikes suck. Anyone else? Volume has dried up.

Minimum strike price intervals of not less than 1 point are permissible if the strike price is equal to or less than $200. When the strike price exceeds $200, strike price intervals will be no less than 5 points.

What strike prices and volume are you interested in.

Near the money look like they have plenty of volume.

The further in or out of the money you get the thinner the volume looks.

LottaKash
08-31-2014, 06:22 PM
I know that you guys are talking code for something or other, but I am both clueless, and curious about it....

Tape Reader
09-01-2014, 10:39 AM
What strike prices and volume are you interested in.

Near the money look like they have plenty of volume.

The further in or out of the money you get the thinner the volume looks.

The strikes under 200 are ½ point away. The strikes over 200 are 2 ½ points away. Apparently this formula was picked-up from the old monthly strike expirations. For the new weekly expirations, they are too far apart.

badcompany
09-01-2014, 12:35 PM
I know that you guys are talking code for something or other, but I am both clueless, and curious about it....

http://www.cboe.com/learncenter/pdf/understanding.pdf

I don't follow the options market too closely, but, I imagine that overall volume is in decline as leveraged ETFs often serve the same purpose.

LottaKash
09-01-2014, 12:45 PM
http://www.cboe.com/learncenter/pdf/understanding.pdf

I don't follow the options market too closely, but, I imagine that overall volume is in decline as leveraged ETFs often serve the same purpose.

Oh, Options, I get it now...

Thx for the Link Badman...:ThmbUp:

I think I will exercise my options today, and perhaps strike a winner...:jump:

Tape Reader
09-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Hallelujah! The SPY weekly options have now been changed to ½ point strikes above 200, as they were before SPY crossed over 200.