PDA

View Full Version : Irad's ride on Stars Above Me in Race 9

letswastemoney
08-25-2014, 05:39 PM
It looked like Irad was deliberately trying to keep her away from running close to the pace.

Then when they turned for home, she was blocked by a wall and had no chance.

Did anyone else think it was a strange ride given the filly won her U.S. debut running one length off the pace?

Stillriledup
08-25-2014, 06:07 PM
I threw him out on that horse, hoping for a euro bounce and ortiz's ride in the previous race left a lot to be desired. The horse warmed up 'eager' so i knew she wasnt a relaxed closer even though she came from off the pace in previous. Watching this jock perform in the 8th, i was convinced there was at least a minor shot he would be in all sorts of traffic wrangling, my prediction was correct (for a change).

EMD4ME
08-25-2014, 06:11 PM
It looked like Irad was deliberately trying to keep her away from running close to the pace.

Did anyone else think it was a strange ride given the filly won her U.S. debut running one length off the pace?

I think it was an atrocious "ride". It looked to me like he purposely tore his head off and made him rank, that's how bad he held that poor horse. Watched the head on and it only added to my belief that it was just a no go today.

I could be totally wrong and there's a chance the horse was just rank but I don't think so.

Stillriledup
08-25-2014, 06:30 PM
I think it was an atrocious "ride". It looked to me like he purposely tore his head off and made him rank, that's how bad he held that poor horse. Watched the head on and it only added to my belief that it was just a no go today.

I could be totally wrong and there's a chance the horse was just rank but I don't think so.

he did the same thing in the previous race, just tore the horse's head off for no reason that i could see.

EMD4ME
08-25-2014, 06:34 PM
he did the same thing in the previous race, just tore the horse's head off for no reason that i could see.

Chee Wally, maybe he forgot how to use his hands for an hour??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's rides like that, that make me feel like I'm wagering on the WWE.

TheEdge07
08-25-2014, 09:10 PM

His brother is just as good doing the same thing. :lol:

letswastemoney
08-25-2014, 09:14 PM
I thought I liked Irad more than Jose, after seeing numerous races from Jose where he rates speed horses off slow paces (ex. Samraat in the Belmont Stakes).

Now, I'm not so sure I trust either.

Stillriledup
08-25-2014, 09:18 PM
I thought I liked Irad more than Jose, after seeing numerous races from Jose where he rates speed horses off slow paces (ex. Samraat in the Belmont Stakes).

Now, I'm not so sure I trust either.

They're very trustworthy.......i've noticed that if they're in the same race and they're riding uncoupled speed horses, they'll just duel, you know, they won't "help each other' on the track by staying out of each other's way. So, to recap, if they're both in the race, on speed/stalker types, you can count on both of them to not take their mount out of that horse's natural running style. You can count on them to not "overrate" their mount to stay out of the other one's way.

They're good like that.

PhantomOnTour
08-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Does anyone wonder why Ramon Dominguez dominated this circuit?
He was smarter than the other riders, and clearly knew how to read the pp's (note how we used to say "read the Form"...not so much anymore :) )

TheEdge07
08-25-2014, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Stillriledup]They're very trustworthy.......i've noticed that if they're in the same race and they're riding uncoupled speed horses, they'll just duel, you know, they won't "help each other' on the track by staying out of each other's way. So, to recap, if they're both in the race, on speed/stalker types, you can count on both of them to not take their mount out of that horse's natural running style. You can count on them to not "overrate" their mount to stay out of the other one's way.

They're good like that.[/QUOTE

Aug 15th 10th race

Winner ridden by Jose wire to wire
Tracking was the 6..dream trip til the far turn....watch irad..

EMD4ME
08-25-2014, 09:47 PM
He was smarter than the other riders, and clearly knew how to read the pp's (note how we used to say "read the Form"...not so much anymore :) )

100000000000000000000000000% TRUE & THE BEST at what if scenarios out of the gate

Grits
08-25-2014, 09:49 PM

I miss Ramon everyday, here in Saratoga. Here, or at Belmont, or at Aqueduct. Javier and Irad and Rajiv are good riders. But Ramon was in another league.

EMD4ME
08-25-2014, 09:50 PM
AND THE BEST AT STUDYING TRACK BIASES, HAD THE BEST HANDS, RARELY SAW HIS HORSES RANK, RAMON WAS SO DOMINANT HE RARELY NEEDED TO USE HIS WHIP. GOD, I miss him :( :bang: :(

EMD4ME
08-25-2014, 09:51 PM
He studied replays too.... to learn idiosyncrasies and nuances of his horse and the competitor's horses.

To top it off, what a gentleman......

Ocala Mike
08-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Back to the subject - horse was rank early. Probably just "Eurobounced," and I will tab for the future with or without a different rider.

Stillriledup
08-25-2014, 10:57 PM
AND THE BEST AT STUDYING TRACK BIASES, HAD THE BEST HANDS, RARELY SAW HIS HORSES RANK, RAMON WAS SO DOMINANT HE RARELY NEEDED TO USE HIS WHIP. GOD, I miss him :( :bang: :(

You bumped this a month ago. Enjoy.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67487&page=1&pp=15&highlight=ramon

menifee
08-25-2014, 11:43 PM

Worst ride of the meet. Holy cow.

EMD4ME
08-25-2014, 11:44 PM
You bumped this a month ago. Enjoy.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67487&page=1&pp=15&highlight=ramon

Thanks, got so depressed just remembering his talents...

RXB
08-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Back to the subject - horse was rank early. Probably just "Eurobounced," and I will tab for the future with or without a different rider.

Definitely rank, and since the first five finishers were the last five in the early running, letting her force the pace probably would've just led to post-race moaning about not rating her.

She was also taking a BIG jump in terms of calibre and depth of competition.

letswastemoney
08-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Definitely rank, and since the first five finishers were the last five in the early running, letting her force the pace probably would've just led to post-race moaning about not rating her.

She was also taking a BIG jump in terms of calibre and depth of competition.In her U.S. debut, she only ran one length off the pace at the first quarter.

I'm usually happy if the horse I pick gets the trip they prefer, even if they lose. For example, I would hate to bet on Game On Dude and watch him be rated.

I don't think this gal likes being taken back in the mid-pack.

BMustang
08-26-2014, 12:58 AM
I like the kid. I also realize that he is trying to establish a riding style similar to that of Pat Day, and when possible will take a horse off the pace, sit a trip, and then come running.

As critical as everyone is about his ride in the 9th, what about his ride on Kelly's Prize in the finale??? Here is a horse enroute to becoming a career maiden, who always contended for the lead and never had anything left for the stretch. Toay with patient handling he laid off of the pace, and then blew the race apart through the stretch. I do realize that the finale was a Md40,000, but I think it speaks for Irad's style.

If his style fits the horse, I like him, if he tries to make the horse conform to his style, then I'm leary.

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 01:25 AM
I like the kid. I also realize that he is trying to establish a riding style similar to that of Pat Day, and when possible will take a horse off the pace, sit a trip, and then come running.

As critical as everyone is about his ride in the 9th, what about his ride on Kelly's Prize in the finale??? Here is a horse enroute to becoming a career maiden, who always contended for the lead and never had anything left for the stretch. Toay with patient handling he laid off of the pace, and then blew the race apart through the stretch. I do realize that the finale was a Md40,000, but I think it speaks for Irad's style.

If his style fits the horse, I like him, if he tries to make the horse conform to his style, then I'm leary.

I like the idea of tailoring your ride to fit the horse and the race and the situation, most jocks have no clue how to do that. But, if his theory is that "i wanna be like Ramon" and you aren't Ramon and don't really know your horse and situation, you can look really bad on occasion.

Thebigguy
08-26-2014, 04:52 AM
I threw him out on that horse, hoping for a euro bounce and ortiz's ride in the previous race left a lot to be desired. The horse warmed up 'eager' so i knew she wasnt a relaxed closer even though she came from off the pace in previous. Watching this jock perform in the 8th, i was convinced there was at least a minor shot he would be in all sorts of traffic wrangling, my prediction was correct (for a change).

Do you post on HH? You said euro bounce there, right?

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 05:04 AM
Do you post on HH? You said euro bounce there, right?

What's HH? Is there someone posting as Stillriledup somewhere else?

Thebigguy
08-26-2014, 05:17 AM
What's HH? Is there someone posting as Stillriledup somewhere else?

Homeless Handicapper. I guess its not you.

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 05:20 AM
Homeless Handicapper. I guess its not you.

homeless handicapper? :D