PDA

View Full Version : This Saratoga meet has been like the Super Bowl

PhantomOnTour
08-23-2014, 01:05 PM
...and I'm the Broncos :bang:

Just got my first meaningful cash in four days (R3 today).
I've basically had one really good day (hit Takajo and Bedouin Now at great mutuels) and the rest has been a personal embarrassment.
Was up to 3rd in the Del-Toga contest but have whiffed for almost a fortnight.

Got lucky last year when Strong Mandate made me a winner for the meet on the last day in the Hopeful.
Six days a week for six weeks is a grind...so busy making figs and notes that there's not enough time to actually handicap.
Next year I must make myself take a 4-5 day break from betting and concentrate on catching up on all the other stuff that goes into picking winners.

How are you doing so far?

PhantomOnTour
08-23-2014, 01:15 PM
And then I fluke into a macabre exacta as the runner I keyed on (#5 in R4) gets 2nd due to a tragic breakdown.
Terrible to watch that happen - tough meet - can't be happy even when I cash a ticket.

EMD4ME
08-23-2014, 01:34 PM
That was soooo sad. It was devastating to watch :( unfortunately he was probably put down right in front of a packed apron as well. Sad....

thespaah
08-23-2014, 02:42 PM
That was soooo sad. It was devastating to watch :( unfortunately he was probably put down right in front of a packed apron as well. Sad....
yeah..Sucks. that it was in front of so many people.
NYRA track crews are pretty good at screening the crowd though.
Most of them know what's going on, but as long as they cannot see, it kind of softens the scene.