Race 1 sees the bridgejumper go down...show prices of $16 $16 and $50

Race 2 sees the winner pay about 104-1

Next??

iceknight
08-18-2014, 02:54 PM
Race 4
:4: Devil's blush WP

----- post race ---
omg it's one of those days at DEL.. Strategy: just bet the longshots ?

cutchemist42
08-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Watched that replay of that huge 2nd race longhsot. Saw nothing in past replays really that showed he had the ability to jump to that lead and hold it. Would love to know how someone came up on that horse....

Jeff P
08-18-2014, 04:09 PM
R2 winner...

Horse had the top HDW Distance Pedigree Rating in the race.

That would be one way to land on the horse (after the fact.)

-jp

menifee
08-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Watched that replay of that huge 2nd race longhsot. Saw nothing in past replays really that showed he had the ability to jump to that lead and hold it. Would love to know how someone came up on that horse....

This is such a tough game. Horses are so strange. That horse just needed the lead. Some horses refuse to run if they are behind other horses. The horse had natural speed, just could not get a comfortable lead in sprint races. They finally found a race where he could get the lead and he looks like a completely different animal.

BTW, I would have never had this.

cj's dad
08-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Race #2 - the winner #7 had Timeform#'s in the ballpark with the rest of the field once the #1,3 & 8 were scratched. At that point the #'s ranged from ratings of 51 to 74. He was middle of the pack with a 64. Not as shocking as it may appear.

cutchemist42
08-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Race #2 - the winner #7 had Timeform#'s in the ballpark with the rest of the field once the #1,3 & 8 were scratched. At that point the #'s ranged from ratings of 51 to 74. He was middle of the pack with a 64. Not as shocking as it may appear.

Oh yeah, I forgot to check for scratches when I looked at the PP! Also saw in the replay one horse on the outside was taken out early with a jockey fall, whom also had decent races recently.

Looking at it, you could see he was the one-dimensional E with 2 other EPs to consider. Maybe showed some ability in the 2nd-to-last race at the same distance at a decent level.

I still could not envision getting this horse in my top 3 for this race though.