PDA

View Full Version : Losing money on Father Patrick

RaceTrackDaddy
08-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Father Patrick just lost after having the lead at the half in 57 flat. Charlie Norris came first over from third on the last turn on Tioga's course and out dueled Father Patrick to the wire with Datysuk paying $52 to win.

RaceTrackDaddy
08-17-2014, 05:01 PM
Here are the payouts

RaceTrackDaddy
08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Here are the payouts
Ebet Usa posts the results to the lowest wager price depending upon the track. Think exotics here are a dollar base wager.

cmp92
08-17-2014, 05:06 PM
What's Father Patrick doing in a race for $36,000? With the exception of Datsyuk, I'm not sure I ever heard of the other horses. Something is amiss.

LottaKash
08-17-2014, 07:33 PM
What's Father Patrick doing in a race for $36,000? With the exception of Datsyuk, I'm not sure I ever heard of the other horses. Something is amiss.

I don't think anything is amiss, as much as FP is just not 100% as of now...Heck, he broke in the Million Dollar Hambo...I think that was a sign on that day....That is how it is with some horses...Still, even a not so good F,would best most horses on any day, and he probably needed that start to see where he is now......The winner "Datsyuk" is one of my "watch" horses....He has a lot of gutz, and when right, is very racey among his peers...I wish I had acted on my instincts about FP...$52 would've surely put a smile on my face...:)

LottaKash
08-18-2014, 12:53 AM
I went Standardbred Canada to download some Rideau charts, when I saw this....

After the race, trainer Jimmy Takter reported that Father Patrick scoped sick following the loss.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/8-17-14/datsyuk-defeats-father-patrick.html

Stillriledup
08-18-2014, 03:42 AM
I went Standardbred Canada to download some Rideau charts, when I saw this....

After the race, trainer Jimmy Takter reported that Father Patrick scoped sick following the loss.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/8-17-14/datsyuk-defeats-father-patrick.html

Jimmy Takter makes a profit off his training share of 2nd place money, and the bettors rip em up, the bettors who bet on him to win, lose out. Takter, still get paid.

LottaKash
08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Jimmy Takter makes a profit off his training share of 2nd place money, and the bettors rip em up, the bettors who bet on him to win, lose out. Takter, still get paid.

Sometimes, it is more like, many people take warm blooded racehorses for granted, as if they were "racing-machines"...

SRU, is that you, if not then, what are you implying here ?... Just curious is all..

Me, as I stated previously in this thread, I did not think the FP was on his best game right now, but I also said that he could beat these "even so"....The best ones can do that...

So SRU, if you believe that Takter raced a horse that he thought that he couldn't win with, then I suggest that you stop playing "Claimers", as mostly all of them are either sick, lame or lazy, and the trainers race them despite their condition(s)....:D ...See it all the time...

mrroyboy
08-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Right again John.
Another example was MCWicked. He got beat about a neck I think. Anyway when the race started he was slow leaving. Not his usual. So maybe he was tired as well. Horses can't win forever.

LottaKash
08-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Right again John.
Another example was MCWicked. He got beat about a neck I think. Anyway when the race started he was slow leaving. Not his usual. So maybe he was tired as well. Horses can't win forever.

That is it Roy, because as the season wears on, and with all the tough to this point races, there is this limit to how much and hard a horse can go week after week....Plus, the other horses in the class, even tho they probably will never be the equal of the Top Ones, do catch up quite a bit as the season wears on. Meaning, if a Top One is not quite up to par on any given day, then the ones that are catching up will beat them...

In McWicked's instance, that is simply what I saw...And, I honestly believe that FP is not 100% either...And yet despite the not 100%, both horses were right there at the wire despite their need, for even a brief rest... I see it every season without fail..

mrroyboy
08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Sure they are still great horses. Probably just need a rest.

RaceTrackDaddy
08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Might have been lost in the language barrier but I can't understand how using a scope on a horse can detect sickness. Anyone know how?

Usually the scope is used to detect blood coming up from the lungs after the race. To see if a horse is sick, don't they take the horse's temperature (usually before a race)?

The flat racing big brother is going through a discussion on the use of lasix (while we are on the subject of scoping). Many don't want it all on race day while tracks (who need the horse population up) want it badly.

Personally I would love to have less horses racing but with a zero tolerance policy on any and all race day drugs. They should also increase the fines and duration of the suspensions.

camourous
08-18-2014, 05:40 PM
Might have been lost in the language barrier but I can't understand how using a scope on a horse can detect sickness. Anyone know how?

Usually the scope is used to detect blood coming up from the lungs after the race. To see if a horse is sick, don't they take the horse's temperature (usually before a race)?

The flat racing big brother is going through a discussion on the use of lasix (while we are on the subject of scoping). Many don't want it all on race day while tracks (who need the horse population up) want it badly.

Personally I would love to have less horses racing but with a zero tolerance policy on any and all race day drugs. They should also increase the fines and duration of the suspensions.

when you scope a horse you can tell If the bled, but also if there was any mucous of inflammation. I'm sure if he won he wouldn't of been sick..

pandy
08-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Father Patrick didn't look that good when he won the Dancer, that's why I went against him with Trixton in the Hambo. In the Dancer, he got an easy lead, was never pressured, and he didn't pull away the way you'd expect, and his main rival, Trixton, had the second tier and no real chance. I posted on Facebook that I didn't think that F.P. looked sharp and this was confirmed by Gingras in pre-race Hambo interviews when he admitted that Father Patrick hadn't been that sharp in the Dancer.

We have to remember, sure Father Patrick won 16 in a row, but he only faced Trixton once in that streak and Trixton had the second tier, so he couldn't leave. If Trixton had been in those 16 races, Father Patrick would not have had that winning streak.

In today's sport, with the wicked fractions and times, you have to expect these horses to bounce, and to show fatigue as the season wears on.

mrroyboy
08-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Very true Pandy.

1GCFAN
08-19-2014, 06:16 PM
mrroyboy - McWicked not being on the gate is a bad omen for the Jug. Still he got a soft second quarter and couldn't finish them off.

Charlie Norris has put up some big mutuals. I remember last years at Pocono he did the same thing.

pandy
08-20-2014, 06:17 AM
Charlie is very good with trotters, has been for a long time.

mrroyboy
08-20-2014, 02:05 PM
I am just saying that even superstars need a rest sometimes.