PDA

View Full Version : Rajiv - R2 Saratoga

PhantomOnTour
08-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Dammit dude - how big of a hole do you want on the rail before you will take it?

Looked like he was trying to be cool and wait before hitting that hole. Nice job - it closed up and your race was over.
Hit that hole as soon as you straighten out for home.

Maybe his mount was reluctant?
Very frustrating - you had first shot at a wicked pace sure to cause casualties and got yourself stuck in behind :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

The name of your mount was Decisive Move for crying out loud. You made anything BUT a decisive move :faint:

dirty moose
08-16-2014, 02:38 PM
He's butchered me countless time. Awful jock IMO

Stillriledup
08-16-2014, 08:09 PM
I didnt notice him apologizing on Twitter for letting down the bettors who put trust in him. Maybe that apology will come later today?

https://twitter.com/RajivMaragh

HUSKER55
08-16-2014, 08:24 PM
HE must be in some type of cycle. He used to be a solid performer. Now days if I figure the mounts are close equal I will take Taylor Rice over him.

Let us hope he shakes "what ever" before too long.

Let us hope it is something simple like "a week off" will do the fix.

andtheyreoff
08-16-2014, 08:34 PM
I didnt notice him apologizing on Twitter for letting down the bettors who put trust in him. Maybe that apology will come later today?

https://twitter.com/RajivMaragh

I'm still waiting for an apology from you for clogging up this board with nonsense like that.

Tom
08-16-2014, 08:39 PM
HE must be in some type of cycle. He used to be a solid performer. Now days if I figure the mounts are close equal I will take Taylor Rice over him.

Let us hope he shakes "what ever" before too long.

Let us hope it is something simple like "a week off" will do the fix.
Mike Adams disagrees with you.
I bet he drinks. :lol:

Exotic1
08-16-2014, 09:33 PM
I have no complaints with Rajiv - most times I would say he is an asset. He is aggressive out of the gate and sensitive to pace setup. Many times when a pace rival breaks poorly he immediately capitalizes on that opportunity and is probably one of the few that reads the pp's. About Sar R2 today, not sure.

NTamm1215
08-16-2014, 11:30 PM
Rajiv Maragh is having a very nice Saratoga meet. He's 6th in the standings with 14 wins, is winning at a 16% clip and has a $2.08 ROI. That's very good.

PhantomOnTour
08-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't hate Rajiv...I just think he gave the horse a bad ride, and I bet more than my usual on him.
Just a little pissed, that's all.

I'll get over it :D

salty
08-17-2014, 12:10 AM
What hole?

I don't see a hole.

I see a small gap between the rail and a tiring horse that clung to the rail throughout the race. Maybe sometimes the idea is not to die?

So you didn't like his Winning ride in #2 Orino in the 9th? It looked perfect to me. ;) Apology accepted Rajiv!

Rajiv is my favorite rider and he is killing it at the meet.

+4% Roi flat win on all mounts this meet up to yesterday

8th on the list of earnings per start

Tall One
08-17-2014, 01:45 AM
I have no complaints with Rajiv - most times I would say he is an asset. He is aggressive out of the gate and sensitive to pace setup. Many times when a pace rival breaks poorly he immediately capitalizes on that opportunity and is probably one of the few that reads the pp's. About Sar R2 today, not sure.

I have 0 issues with Raji up... :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
08-17-2014, 02:03 AM
What does having a good meet and a positive ROI have to do with this particular ride?
Nothing, and quoting those stats is meaningless...even Ramon Dominguez gave a bad or misjudged ride here and there...and that's all I'm saying Maragh did. He isn't on trial and using his past good riding results to make a case for himself...those stats are irrelevant to a single race, single ride.
It particularly hurts because I admittedly bet a nice bit on this race.

I think there was a big enough hole to get thru in upper stretch and he & his mount didn't go...as I asked in Post #1...maybe he had a reluctant horse?

Yes, Rosie came in but I think he had time before that to gain position, unless Decisive Move wasn't very decisive himself.

NTamm1215
08-17-2014, 09:51 AM
What does having a good meet and a positive ROI have to do with this particular ride?
Nothing, and quoting those stats is meaningless...even Ramon Dominguez gave a bad or misjudged ride here and there...and that's all I'm saying Maragh did. He isn't on trial and using his past good riding results to make a case for himself...those stats are irrelevant to a single race, single ride.
It particularly hurts because I admittedly bet a nice bit on this race.

I think there was a big enough hole to get thru in upper stretch and he & his mount didn't go...as I asked in Post #1...maybe he had a reluctant horse?

Yes, Rosie came in but I think he had time before that to gain position, unless Decisive Move wasn't very decisive himself.

Using his current place in the standings and ROI at the meet are not really in reply to you. Every rider can err in a particular race, and he just may have in this spot. The other posters in this thread who called him awful and said they'd prefer Taylor Rice are obviously using hyperbole.

therussmeister
08-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Using his current place in the standings and ROI at the meet are not really in reply to you. Every rider can err in a particular race, and he just may have in this spot. The other posters in this thread who called him awful and said they'd prefer Taylor Rice are obviously using hyperbole.
Taylor Rice is winning 3% @ Saratoga.

bello
08-17-2014, 01:33 PM
Rajiv has been very good with the inside out move . Save ground to the stretch and swung out in the lane. Unfortunately the room does not develop all the time. When it does, he looks like a genius...when it doesn't........

I'll take the guys who save ground anytime. Provided of course there is not an outside bias and they are not shy about finding he holes. Be they evere so small.

jk3521
08-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Looked great in today's Sword Dancer and satudays' 9th race. No complaints with those rides, of course he won those two races!

pele polo
08-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Rajiv is 11th in the national earnings list. He'll never be 20% regularly but he constantly gets called on for big races and rides regularly for well established trainers.

thespaah
08-17-2014, 10:46 PM
The third baseman gets a room service grounder to start a double play and subsequently fires the ball over the second baseman's head into right field.
The runners and the batter reach base. The next batter hits a walk off single and those that had that team in their odds bets lose their wager....
So what? People make mistakes and bettors lose money. It happens.
We gamble. We win some. We lose some. We keep on playing the game.
It is what it is.

jk3521
08-18-2014, 06:45 AM
Not easy to steer a stubborn, 1000 lb. animal. I have great respect for jockeys.

pele polo
08-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Not easy to steer a stubborn, 1000 lb. animal. I have great respect for jockeys.

A great majority of people with continuous jock complaints have never been on a horse.

Stillriledup
08-25-2014, 03:52 PM
This guy just cost me a mini score by not perservering with the 3 horse in the 6th at Saratoga. He got beat a lip for show while strangling the horse the last 70 yards.

You've gotta be kidding me. If you don't want to slash and whip and hand ride, just dont strangle, keep riding the horse to the finish.

Rise Over Run
08-25-2014, 09:22 PM
This guy just cost me a mini score by not perservering with the 3 horse in the 6th at Saratoga. He got beat a lip for show while strangling the horse the last 70 yards.

You've gotta be kidding me. If you don't want to slash and whip and hand ride, just dont strangle, keep riding the horse to the finish.

"strangling the horse the last 70 yards"? That's a bit much and clearly not what happened. I'd agree that he didn't ride his mount completely to the line. The irony is that neither rider in the photo for 3rd rode their mount all the way to the wire. The were both standing up in the irons the final 20-50 yards.

Stillriledup
08-25-2014, 09:23 PM
"strangling the horse the last 70 yards"? That's a bit much and clearly not what happened. I'd agree that he didn't ride his mount completely to the line. The irony is that neither rider in the photo for 3rd rode their mount all the way to the wire. The were both standing up in the irons the final 20-50 yards.

I don't care about the other guy, just the guy i bet on.

If he didnt strangle the horse in the dying strides, maybe you can tell me what DID happen.

Rise Over Run
08-26-2014, 06:56 AM
I don't care about the other guy, just the guy i bet on.

If he didnt strangle the horse in the dying strides, maybe you can tell me what DID happen.

I already did, Rajiv didn't ride his mount out all the way to the wire:

I'd agree that he didn't ride his mount completely to the line.

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 06:01 PM
I already did, Rajiv didn't ride his mount out all the way to the wire:

There's a difference between not riding out and taking a huge hold. If he doesn't take that big hold, he's 3rd even if he's not actually pumping his arms or using the whip.

cj
08-26-2014, 06:49 PM
What amazes me is SRU never seems to benefit from any of these misfortunes. I mean somebody must, right?

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 07:19 PM
What amazes me is SRU never seems to benefit from any of these misfortunes. I mean somebody must, right?

I just don't post about them when i do because that gets you called out for redboarding. I can post my scores after the fact, if that's what you want? :D

affirmedny
08-26-2014, 07:54 PM
I just don't post about them when i do because that gets you called out for redboarding. I can post my scores after the fact, if that's what you want? :D

Please post if you're EVER on the winning side of a DQ. I promise not to call you out for redboarding.thanks

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Please post if you're EVER on the winning side of a DQ. I promise not to call you out for redboarding.thanks

I will. If i ever think of one offhand where i lucked into some money, i'll let you know also. I just can't remember one at the moment.

Rise Over Run
08-26-2014, 09:29 PM
There's a difference between not riding out and taking a huge hold. If he doesn't take that big hold, he's 3rd even if he's not actually pumping his arms or using the whip.

So now "strangle" gets replaced with "huge hold". Go back and watch the head on replay. His horse was completely out of gas and had a difficult time getting one leg in front of the other at, and just past the finish line.

With that said, I am NOT defending the fact that he did not ride his mount out to the finish. Over the last 100 yard of the race my opinion is that Maragh felt he had already run past every horse behind him and no horse could possibly be closing ground. Unfortunately, he was wrong and it ended up being an embarrassing finish for him.

Stillriledup
08-26-2014, 09:53 PM
So now "strangle" gets replaced with "huge hold". Go back and watch the head on replay. His horse was completely out of gas and had a difficult time getting one leg in front of the other at, and just past the finish line.

With that said, I am NOT defending the fact that he did not ride his mount out to the finish. Over the last 100 yard of the race my opinion is that Maragh felt he had already run past every horse behind him and no horse could possibly be closing ground. Unfortunately, he was wrong and it ended up being an embarrassing finish for him.

I don't care. He didnt ride to the finish and it cost me money. He's paid to ride, these guys make huge money and they make money even when they don't win, i'm counting on this guy.

Stillriledup
08-27-2014, 02:15 PM

Just needed the 3 to get put up at Spa in race 4, they left it official. This must literally be the 20th inquiry in a row where the decision the judges made was the one i didnt need.

Ocala Mike
08-27-2014, 06:16 PM
The name of your mount was Decisive Move for crying out loud. You made anything BUT a decisive move :faint:

In the 6th race Friday as the :10: with Luis Saez; 12/1 ML.

Stillriledup
08-29-2014, 07:05 PM

here's another DQ for me. First race at DMR, i had the 7, but they're going to pay the 4.

EMD4ME
08-29-2014, 07:18 PM
That could've easily been left up. 50% 50% call but of course the judges said a unanimous decision.

EMD4ME
08-29-2014, 07:24 PM
And now.... the 8 will be DQed at EVA unjustifiably. Hope you didn't bet him too.

Stillriledup
08-29-2014, 07:38 PM
And now.... the 8 will be DQed at EVA unjustifiably. Hope you didn't bet him too.

I don't bet EVA because the announcer uses that stupid phrase to start every race. When he retires, i'll consider betting EVD.

The only way to NOT get disqualified is to have a horse you've selected, race his A race and just not be good enough. That rarely happens to me, if my pick fires, i win. I don't fire and come up short all that often. I come up short often if my pick stinks, but if i fire a big shot, i win. So, its hard for me to get placed up because that would mean i bet on a horse who fired a pretty big shot but wasnt' good enough...you're not going to last too long in this game if the horses you're selecting are firing huge and losing because they're too slow to win.

EMD4ME
08-29-2014, 07:43 PM
I understand....

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 02:20 PM

I was on the winning side of the DQ in the 3rd at Saratoga. Not for big money, but more than i would have had if they l left the horse up.

Unfortunately, this was a 100% DQ, it wasn't like this was a 50/50 decision, this was a DQ anyone could have made, this horse comes down 100% of the time at 100% of the tracks. So, i don't take much solace in this type of DQ because there was no other choice they could have made.

cj
08-30-2014, 02:26 PM
I was on the winning side of the DQ in the 3rd at Saratoga. Not for big money, but more than i would have had if they l left the horse up.

Unfortunately, this was a 100% DQ, it wasn't like this was a 50/50 decision, this was a DQ anyone could have made, this horse comes down 100% of the time at 100% of the tracks. So, i don't take much solace in this type of DQ because there was no other choice they could have made.

A lot of people disagree with you about it being a DQ (I'm not one of them)

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 02:27 PM
A lot of people disagree with you about it being a DQ (I'm not one of them)

The guy on the 9 didnt move out of the way (like most jocks do) he didnt give him a hole. You can't just make your own holes. Now, the contact is something i could live with with this being a conatact sport, but unless the guy bulls his way thru, he's 3rd.

Can you just bull your way out and push horses out of the way? At what track is this ok?

EMD4ME
08-30-2014, 02:30 PM
at Sru downs...

PhantomOnTour
08-30-2014, 02:33 PM
at Sru downs...
you beat me to it :D

EMD4ME
08-30-2014, 02:33 PM
I would not have taken him down. Why because the jockey on the 9 realized what a stupid idiot he was after the 5 bullied his way out and pushed back AFTER he let him out. He should've been proactive and ridden his horse to keep the 5 sealed. He got rewarded for being surprised at the 'bully my way out' move by the rider of the 5. I've seen much worse stay up.

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 02:34 PM
at Sru downs...

Here's the difference between SRU and other places. If you take the grey horse out of the picture, and keep the bumping exactly the same, the winner doesnt' come down. What gets him to come down is he essentially needed to cause interference in order to win. There was no room there, the guy on the 9 was never letting him thru...but, that type of bumping, on its own, doesn't get him DQd at SRU. The ramifications got him DQd.

EMD4ME
08-30-2014, 02:35 PM
you beat me to it :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: great minds think a like :lol:

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 02:37 PM
I would not have taken him down. Why because the jockey on the 9 realized what a stupid idiot he was after the 5 bullied his way out and pushed back AFTER he let him out. He should've been proactive and ridden his horse to keep the 5 sealed. He got rewarded for being surprised at the 'bully my way out' move by the rider of the 5. I've seen much worse stay up.

Why does it matter if the guy on the 9 was "surprised"?

I do agree that the guy on the 9 probably shouldn't have "fought back" but that guy is riding for his life and his career, i'm sure he didnt want to get the reputation of being "soft" and certainly didnt want to get the reputation of a guy who just moves out of the way and costs his owners board spots.

If you save ground on both turns, you might not get out, especially on the turf. You can't just make your own lanes when you feel like it.

cj
08-30-2014, 03:02 PM
The guy on the 9 didnt move out of the way (like most jocks do) he didnt give him a hole. You can't just make your own holes. Now, the contact is something i could live with with this being a conatact sport, but unless the guy bulls his way thru, he's 3rd.

Can you just bull your way out and push horses out of the way? At what track is this ok?

I said I agreed with the call, said so before it was made even on Twitter. But I've seen worse left up.

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 03:05 PM
I said I agreed with the call, said so before it was made even on Twitter. But I've seen worse left up.

I'm sure worse has been left up, i agree.

EMD4ME
08-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Why does it matter if the guy on the 9 was "surprised"?

I do agree that the guy on the 9 probably shouldn't have "fought back" but that guy is riding for his life and his career, i'm sure he didnt want to get the reputation of being "soft" and certainly didnt want to get the reputation of a guy who just moves out of the way and costs his owners board spots.

If you save ground on both turns, you might not get out, especially on the turf. You can't just make your own lanes when you feel like it.

My dead grandmother would've forecasted the 5 coming out for room. That's why it matters, if he had any brains, he would've pumped hard towards his inside in anticipation of the 5 coming out. After being forced out, he woke up and fought back. Just my opinion that he shouldn't be awarded for being reactive as opposed to PROACTIVE.

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 05:10 PM
My dead grandmother would've forecasted the 5 coming out for room. That's why it matters, if he had any brains, he would've pumped hard towards his inside in anticipation of the 5 coming out. After being forced out, he woke up and fought back. Just my opinion that he shouldn't be awarded for being reactive as opposed to PROACTIVE.

I think he was right on the guy's hip, i know what you're saying, but these guys aren't that smart, i'm actually shocked the guy on the 9 didnt yank the right line and move out of the way, that's the way these guys seem to do things most times.

EMD4ME
08-30-2014, 05:21 PM
I think he was right on the guy's hip, i know what you're saying, but these guys aren't that smart, i'm actually shocked the guy on the 9 didnt yank the right line and move out of the way, that's the way these guys seem to do things most times.

YOU'RE RIGHT!!! USUALLY THEY DO THE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE, I'LL MAKE ROOM FOR YA OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE :lol:

Stillriledup
08-30-2014, 05:30 PM
YOU'RE RIGHT!!! USUALLY THEY DO THE OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE, I'LL MAKE ROOM FOR YA OLE OLE OLE OLE OLE :lol:

I saw that developing right away, and when the 5 got thru, i was headed to PA to bump the "guys move out of the way" thread..until i saw that the guy didnt really move out of the way. :blush: :D

camourous
08-30-2014, 06:06 PM
The rider on the 9 got rewarded for not trying to win the race. He knew the 5 was in trouble once the 3 veered in and cut him off so he veered in to keep the 5 locked in, he was coming in when the 5 came out, the 9 might win if he just puts his head down and rides, but these guys don't do that these days anymore.