PDA

View Full Version : R6 Del Mar $90K Sandy Blue

Lemon Drop Husker
08-15-2014, 07:10 PM
Rather depressing 7 race card at Del Mar today with the only Stakes race or greater being the 6th.

An interesting field of 10 have entered including 4 that competed in the G2 San Clemente here just a month ago.

:4: Miss Machiavelli catches my eye in here. Kent Desormeaux is having one of his better meets in quite a while hitting at a 20% clip. Now jumping on his brother's horse, he is riding an all or nothing type of sorts that is 8-2-0-0 lifetime while being rather uncompetitive in her last 4 races. Expecting a monster price on this filly.

:6: Tiz Kissable was also a secondary player in the recent G2 San Clemente, but now gets a giant upgrade in jockey and owns a very nice work over the track 9 days ago. Maybe not a winner, but one to keep in mind in exotic wagering.

:11: Wonderfully is an Irish bred horse out of Galileo and gets the smoking hot Mike Smith on her back. Probably won't get the best odds, but is certainly a contender.

:8: Istanford treated me very kindly in the G2 San Clemente, but will now be very likely overbet. With a ML of 2/1, it is hard to fire back off of what is likely her best career race. Can't keep out of exotics, but will look to beat.

:2: Sheza Smoke Show broke through the gate in the San Clemente. I'll give her another chance in here as she is one of 3 horses that owns a Graded Stakes victory.

WP: :2: or :4: (at 8/1 or better)
EX: :2: :4: with :2: :4: :6:
Tri: :2: :4: with :2: :4: :6: :11: with :2: :3: :4: :6: :8: :11:

Lemon Drop Husker
08-15-2014, 09:54 PM
:8: Istanford romps to a big early lead and wins well in hand by 3 lengths or more.

:4: Miss Machiavelli fights between rivals in the stretch to get a well deserved $10.20 for the place.

The :6: and :2: finish out the Super and the :11: Wonderfully is nowhere to be found after breaking extremely poor from the gate.

The $.50 cent Super and Place bet on :4: cash handsomely as I have to tear up a number of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place tickets. :(

:8: Istanford is one to watch as a front running turfer that is getting her stuff together.