PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Alabama Stakes

andtheyreoff
08-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Not much talk about this race, so I'll get the ball rolling. It's a nice field of 9, highlighted by Stopchargingmaria. Anyone going to try to beat the favorite?

thespaah
08-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Untapable should be in this field.
As the decider of her path, that's what I would have done.
But I'm just a dopey fan. I don't know (poop).
:lol:

Spiderman
08-14-2014, 06:50 AM
My short list of contenders, in order of preference:

:5: Got Lucky - second off layoff; was closest to :8: Stopchargingmaria when they met in Demoiselle; distance will not be problem

:6: Fortune Pearl - Improving with G2 win last out; met :8: two back in first graded stakes attempt - gets better of post positions and will prefer dry track

:2: Miss Besilu - under-achieving $2.6 million purchase may have found spot to control pace

QTwithTQ
08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
The distance is a question mark and I was hoping for around 8-1 on the ML (instead of 5-1), but :9: SIZE could be a really interesting horse in this race for Billy Mott

biggestal99
08-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Not much talk about this race, so I'll get the ball rolling. It's a nice field of 9, highlighted by Stopchargingmaria. Anyone going to try to beat the favorite?

LOL. The chalk? Decent hoss but the short odds, I'll look elsewhere ATO.

:9: Size is where the biggestal99 money will side with. Mott Trainee outruns her odds on a regular basis. distance is a concern but isn't that with every horse in this field. It will be the one and only attempt for most of these going 10F on dirt. size also has speed and gameness. also like the way the connections thumb their nose at convention and race Lasix free. many many many kudos to her owners. and routes at the spa have been playing to speed hosses and that right up Size's alley.

Allan