PDA

View Full Version : 2014 HOY

Redboard
08-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Who do you think will win 2014 HOY?

Answer this question based not only on how the season has gone so far, but look into your crystal ball and project how the rest of the season will play out.

letswastemoney
08-11-2014, 03:25 AM
I chose California Chrome, but I can see a lot of them winning.

The only throwouts are Imperative, Tapiture and Commanding Curve.

I don't even remember if Commanding Curve owns a stakes win. Imperative only runs well when someone duels with Game On Dude. Tapiture has just lost too many times by now.

Redboard
08-11-2014, 11:06 AM
......... Commanding Curve. I don't even remember if Commanding Curve owns a stakes win.

Yea, he'd have to "run the table" with a win in the Travers, JCGC and BCC, and a few others would have to bomb, but according to Dallas Stewart, he's working out great!

Commanding Curve, fourth in the Jim Dandy, worked Saturday over the main track at Saratoga. The Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum Brands (gr. I) runner-up breezed a half mile in :49.44 in company with Knights Nation. The West Point Thoroughbreds runner galloped out in 1:02 and change with jockey Shaun Bridgmohan up for the breeze.

Trainer Dallas Stewart was pleased with the work by the son of Master Command.

"He is more of a maintenance horse," said Stewart. "You like to see him get around there good and come back safe and sound. We changed his gallop a bit, to put a little more effort into his gallops. We'll continue on throughout the week and pick up the pace. I don't think we are going to get a lot of improvement if we stay on the same pattern."

Stewart is hopeful that the conditions on Travers Day will emulate those his talented colt encountered in the Kentucky Derby when he closed from the back of the pack to finish 1 3/4 lengths behind California Chrome.

"Ideally, we want more of a dry track," said Stewart. "We want sunshine if we can get it. The Travers is a mile and quarter so hopefully it will be the same style as the Derby, he'll be laying back, and that he makes that big run."

Commanding Curve finished ninth in the Belmont Stakes prior to the Jim Dandy.

"Hopefully, he'll have more energy through the stretch (than in the Jim Dandy) and it looks like there is going to be some speed added," said Stewart. "That's real good for us. We need that. Hopefully it will set up good for him."

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86674/tonalist-breezes-as-travers-showdown-looms#ixzz3A60HpjK4