PDA

View Full Version : Sar 8 Thurs - Rosie

stringmail
08-08-2014, 12:43 PM
As the race unfolded, I remember thinking that the 5 got a perfect trip, angling out and then holding off the 9 by a head.

In reading the chart earlier today, I was surprised at the description of the race for the winner and re-watched in more detail.

Was there an inquiry after the race? I don't recall and I don't recall seeing any type of objection by Rocco.

I am sure the stewards looked at it prior to going official and I am wondering if Rocco just thought the horse next to him came out but it was a result of some good race riding by Rosie getting the best of Rocco.

bello
08-08-2014, 12:52 PM
Even Durkin commented on the drifting and bumping. No inquiry, No objection and a pretty quick Official.

PressThePace
08-08-2014, 03:07 PM
No inquiry, no objection. I was praying that Rocco would claim a foul on Rosie. I had Rocco's horse to win at nice odds. It was Andy Serling's top pick in that race.

Tara73
08-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I thought for sure there was going to be an inquiry. This just reinforced my belief that the jockeys riding in NY are reluctant to claim foul. Why this is the case I'm not.sure.