JustRalph
08-07-2014, 05:53 PM
ESPN suspended him for a week.

He bailed today.

Getting his own weekday show on Sirius/XM

Starting Sept. 2nd

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Ding Dong - the witch (First Take) will hopefully soon be dead.

Stillriledup
08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
Shut up Skip.

tucker6
08-07-2014, 07:13 PM
ESPN is no longer just about sports. It is all about pushing an extreme left wing agenda. I'll sometimes have them on in the background and they are worse than MSNBC at times.

Stillriledup
08-07-2014, 07:22 PM
ESPN is no longer just about sports. It is all about pushing an extreme left wing agenda. I'll sometimes have them on in the background and they are worse than MSNBC at times.

Yes, they'll show George breaking his leg 40 times in slow motion just for the shock value. They've got very big heads, they think they are as big as the athletes themselves.

tucker6
08-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Yes, they'll show George breaking his leg 40 times in slow motion just for the shock value. They've got very big heads, they think they are as big as the athletes themselves.
I like how they shoved Smith's suspension to the back pages of their website quickly, while Manziel's drinking gets hours and hours of programming and analysts wondering if he has an alcohol problem. Talk about do as I say and not as I do.

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Now now - no room for politics in the sports threads.

Read your TOS and stop whining like a POS

DRIVEWAY
08-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Tony Dungy makes a good replacement. He's been everywhere on ESPN in recent days.

First topic could ask the question "Should Michael Sam become a backup center to make the team".

Tor Ekman
08-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Tony Dungy makes a good replacement. He's been everywhere on ESPN in recent days.

First topic could ask the question "Should Michael Sam become a backup center to make the team".
Center? More likely "wide" receiver ... hasn't been eligible at "tight" end since Pop Warner League

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Center? More likely "wide" receiver ... hasn't been eligible at "tight" end since Pop Warner League
I thought you had to be out of middle school to join this board.
This is the mind of a 14yr old.

Tor Ekman - wasn't he the faith healer on Seinfeld?
(the guy who turned George's face blue)

DRIVEWAY
08-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Skip might argue for tight end. Dungy would avoid the controversy and agree.

If Stephen A. was still around he'd add to the confusion and make a provocative suggestion of split end.

menifee
08-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Ding Dong - the witch (First Take) will hopefully soon be dead.

He's not leaving ESPN. Sirius is licensing his radio show from ESPN.

cj's dad
08-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Steven A. is a loud mouth jerk - he could not hold a real job - good riddance !''BTW- the same applies to Skip Bayless

jballscalls
08-08-2014, 12:55 AM

I read it's a TOS violation to talk politics in the sports thread, but I"d be really curious to hear how they are pushing a left wing agenda. if you'd be willing start a thread over in OT or PM me, be fascinated to hear

JustRalph
08-08-2014, 01:12 AM
He's not leaving ESPN. Sirius is licensing his radio show from ESPN.

I read on twitter that deal fell apart? You can only believe half of what you read though.

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Now now - no room for politics in the sports threads.

Read your TOS and stop whining like a POSTOS only specifically state no politics in the HORSE threads...

PaceAdvantage
08-08-2014, 10:29 AM
I read it's a TOS violation to talk politics in the sports thread, but I"d be really curious to hear how they are pushing a left wing agenda. if you'd be willing start a thread over in OT or PM me, be fascinated to hearAgain, wrong. Here is the clause in its entirety:

Politically charged avatars and postings are strictly forbidden in any of the HORSE RACING topics. The OFF-TOPIC forums have been specifically designed for just this sort of subject. The administrator reserves the right to remove any avatar deemed unacceptable.

jballscalls
08-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Again, wrong. Here is the clause in its entirety:

Politically charged avatars and postings are strictly forbidden in any of the HORSE RACING topics. The OFF-TOPIC forums have been specifically designed for just this sort of subject. The administrator reserves the right to remove any avatar deemed unacceptable.

I was simply reciting what I had read from the poster. Never actually read the TOS. But thank you for pointing out my mistake and clarifying.

So good news then, we can hear why ESPN is pushing a left wing agenda right here in this thread!!

Fwizard
08-08-2014, 12:00 PM
J---

I don't think there is an agenda at ABC/ESPN but they have really gone overboard on "political correctness"...hear me out on this ...This goes back to when they hired Rush Limbaugh for football years back...Did they not know what they were getting when they made that hire??? It seems that they will overreact now if any of their personalities do anything that might ruffle feathers..Personally if ALL their people had the same opinion I would be bored and turn it off.I am not condoning anything that Stephen A Smith said about Ray Rice (I would not hit a woman even if they hit me)..but do they not pay these people for opinions....Yesterday , they suspend a guy for buying billboards to harass Lebron James ...it does seem that if you do not tow the company line then you are out on your butt....

Just my opinion...

cj's dad
08-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Dan Le Batard also suspended by ESPN

http://sports.yahoo.com//news/espn-suspends-dan-le-batard-lebron-james-billboard-004600405.html

johnhannibalsmith
08-08-2014, 02:14 PM
If they'd hand out a few dozen more hokey suspensions and start airing some sports, the channel might one day be watchable again.

cj's dad
08-08-2014, 03:54 PM
Le Batard , with his own money, paid for a billboard which mocked the great one's (LBJ) return to Cleveland. Hard to believe that LeBron can sit down with all those lips from ESPN planted firmly on his ass.

jballscalls
08-08-2014, 05:49 PM
J---

I don't think there is an agenda at ABC/ESPN but they have really gone overboard on "political correctness"...hear me out on this ...This goes back to when they hired Rush Limbaugh for football years back...Did they not know what they were getting when they made that hire??? It seems that they will overreact now if any of their personalities do anything that might ruffle feathers..Personally if ALL their people had the same opinion I would be bored and turn it off.I am not condoning anything that Stephen A Smith said about Ray Rice (I would not hit a woman even if they hit me)..but do they not pay these people for opinions....Yesterday , they suspend a guy for buying billboards to harass Lebron James ...it does seem that if you do not tow the company line then you are out on your butt....

Just my opinion...

But none of those things you named are left or right wing things. No right wingers that I know condone hitting a woman or suggesting a woman deserves to be hit. The fact that they hired Rush LImbaugh period seems pretty non left-wing.

JustRalph
08-08-2014, 09:44 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2014/08/07/sirius-paying-espn-licensing-fee-for-stephen-a-smiths-show-on-mad-dog-radio/

I have no idea what this means? Paying ESPN?

burnsy
08-08-2014, 11:01 PM
TOS only specifically state no politics in the HORSE threads...

Hell, it would be great if you did away with that entire political garbage section. Listen to some of these fools. Everything is political, left, right....then it leaks over to every other subject because the pea brains are obsessed with it.......who in their right mind gives a sh!t ??? People can't even think for themselves anymore then they sit there and wonder why the country is going to crap. What does any of their crap have to do with sports?????? or horse racing for that matter?

Better look out for those lefties.....uh, oh the righties are coming and so is the wicked witch of the north.....these political whack jobs are a big part of the problem......they tune into whatever crap they want to hear and then recite it. Its real challenging stuff too. What happened is there a war on women again? Or is someone stealing Santa Claus in the war on Christmas?......Riveting stuff. Am I the only one that laughs at this garbage? Oh, the poor children can't pray at school.....guess what they can't read, write or do math either.....pathetic.....but don't worry the next generation will be even dumber and they'll eat up the crap on MSNBC and FOX News. :lol: Its all true and factual journalism you know............:) No crying in baseball....

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Hell, it would be great if you did away with that entire political garbage section. Listen to some of these fools. Everything is political, left, right....then it leaks over to every other subject because the pea brains are obsessed with it.......who in their right mind gives a sh!t ??? People can't even think for themselves anymore then they sit there and wonder why the country is going to crap. What does any of their crap have to do with sports?????? or horse racing for that matter?

Better look out for those lefties.....uh, oh the righties are coming and so is the wicked witch of the north.....these political whack jobs are a big part of the problem......they tune into whatever crap they want to hear and then recite it. Its real challenging stuff too. What happened is there a war on women again? Or is someone stealing Santa Claus in the war on Christmas?......Riveting stuff. Am I the only one that laughs at this garbage? Oh, the poor children can't pray at school.....guess what they can't read, write or do math either.....pathetic.....but don't worry the next generation will be even dumber and they'll eat up the crap on MSNBC and FOX News. :lol: Its all true and factual journalism you know............:) No crying in baseball....
I am giving you a standing ovation.
Right on the mark

JustRalph
08-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I second the motion, get rid of off topic

jballscalls
08-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I second the motion, get rid of off topic

I'll gladly third!

motion to vote?

johnhannibalsmith
08-09-2014, 11:48 AM
You think there will be less off-topic posts outside of off-topic without off-topic?

Why are people so afraid to see something that they don't like/offends them/ annoys them/ etc.?

GaryG
08-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I think Ralph was being facetious. Off topic is fine, you just need to wear your big boy pants and cast iron underwear. And I don't think the moderators need any help from citizens on patrol.

bks
08-10-2014, 01:41 PM

Right, that's why they've completely exonerated Tony Stewart for killing a 20-yr-old kid who was (stupidly) upset over Stewart's race tactics.

tucker6
08-10-2014, 02:16 PM
Right, that's why they've completely exonerated Tony Stewart for killing a 20-yr-old kid who was (stupidly) upset over Stewart's race tactics.
Are you telling me that you can't see the difference between the two types of stories.

cj's dad
08-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Better look out for those lefties.....uh, oh the righties are coming and so is the wicked witch of the north.....these political whack jobs are a big part of the problem......they tune into whatever crap they want to hear and then recite it. Its real challenging stuff too. What happened is there a war on women again? Or is someone stealing Santa Claus in the war on Christmas?......Riveting stuff. Am I the only one that laughs at this garbage? Oh, the poor children can't pray at school.....guess what they can't read, write or do math either.....pathetic.....but don't worry the next generation will be even dumber and they'll eat up the crap on MSNBC and FOX News. :lol: Its all true and factual journalism you know............:) No crying in baseball....If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen

Mommy will still wipe your ass and tuck you in at bedtime !

bks
08-11-2014, 09:22 AM
Are you telling me that you can't see the difference between the two types of stories.

ESPN is a huge corporation. By definition, they're not "extreme left." Last fall they dropped their co-sponsorship of the Frontline documentary exposing the NFL's hypocrisy (and criminality) over concussions because they were worried it would have damaged their relationship w/ the NFL. Is that an "extreme left" position?

All ESPN cares about is their bottom line. They cover the sports on their own networks more closely than others (hockey is a great example - lots of coverage when it was on ESPN, next to none when the NHL left). They have no independent political agenda beyond ratings.

banacek
08-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Again, wrong. Here is the clause in its entirety:

I was never sure of the rule as it applies to signatures..seems like they show up in the horse racing section. Can you clarify?

PaceAdvantage
08-11-2014, 01:39 PM
I was never sure of the rule as it applies to signatures..seems like they show up in the horse racing section. Can you clarify?I've killed many a politically motivated signature and told the person they can't have that sig unless they want to stop posting about horses.

But, admittedly, I certainly can't be expected to catch every single one...if something I've missed is pointed out to me, I'll correct the situation quickly.

PhantomOnTour
08-11-2014, 01:49 PM
I thought Smith's last day was Friday, but there he was this morning :confused:

tucker6
08-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I thought Smith's last day was Friday, but there he was this morning :confused:
He's still on First Take. He picked up a new gig without getting rid of the old one. He's just a little richer that's all. Joined Mad Dog sports radio.