PDA

View Full Version : Irony: a picture is worth a thousand words

Clocker
08-07-2014, 03:33 AM
http://media.hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/voter-ID.jpg

HUSKER55
08-07-2014, 06:07 AM
that says it all! sad part is...there are some who don't get it.

Tom
08-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Unions are un-American to require this!

Right, mostie?:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
08-07-2014, 12:46 PM
RACIST

Clocker
08-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Where is Eric Holder when you need him? Or Obama's NLRB? :confused:

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2014, 02:35 PM
That must be a fake sign, created by Tea Partiers, funded by Koch.

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm just curious, but what possesses someone to randomly start a thread using a photo that was uploaded to Hotair in 2011? :rolleyes:

Voter fraud... :sleeping:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Fantastic Dan...ignoring the point again... :sleeping:

Clocker
08-07-2014, 03:13 PM
Fantastic Dan...ignoring the point again... :sleeping:

Or missing the point. Seems like everyone got it but him. :rolleyes:

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Oh no, I got the point. A union election requiring photo ID is just as stupid as a general govt election requiring one. Excellent point indeed! But what about my point?

PaceAdvantage
08-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Oh no, I got the point. A union election requiring photo ID is just as stupid as a general govt election requiring one. Excellent point indeed! But what about my point?I don't even have to read the article to realize there is no way they investigated 1 billion votes and were able to accurately verify all but 31 or so of them...

So only 31 got caught, you mean to say...must be an easy crime to get away with, I say. Meaning, voter ID is probably a very good idea.

Clocker
08-07-2014, 03:40 PM
But what about my point?

The point of the linked article seems to be that it is nearly impossible to find voter fraud if no one is looking for it, and if no one is allowed the investigative tools to find it, like being able to verify a voter's identity.

dartman51
08-07-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't even have to read the article to realize there is no way they investigated 1 billion votes and were able to accurately verify all but 31 or so of them...

So only 31 got caught, you mean to say...must be an easy crime to get away with, I say. Meaning, voter ID is probably a very good idea.

Haven't you learned anything? There's no such thing as voter fraud. Just because there were some districts, in the 2012 election, that had 115 to 125 % turnout. Don't mean anything. :rolleyes: Just because there were some districts that voted 100% Democrat, nothing unusual there. :faint:

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Haven't you learned anything? There's no such thing as voter fraud. Just because there were some districts, in the 2012 election, that had 115 to 125 % turnout. Don't mean anything. :rolleyes: Just because there were some districts that voted 100% Democrat, nothing unusual there. :faint:Thanks for helping me prove my point :ThmbUp: :D

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/2012fraud.asp

Tom
08-07-2014, 04:08 PM
A union election requiring photo ID is just as stupid as a general govt election requiring one.

So how do they stop non-union people from voting?
And specifically, what is stupid with requiiring people to proved they are eligible to vote in anything? What controls do you THINK are in place that work?

Tom
08-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Where are snope's credentials posted?

If you want proof of voter fraud, just remember JFK - our illegal president who was put in office by the mob and unions. Same thing, but I digress.
Maybe photo ID might have stopped some of the dead people who voted in Chicago.

Show Me the Wire
08-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Where are snope's credentials posted?

If you want proof of voter fraud, just remember JFK - our illegal president who was put in office by the mob and unions. Same thing, but I digress.

Photo ID may have stopped a few of the deceased voters, but the picture ID, which I believe is a good idea, would not have stopped the voting machines being dumped into Lake Michigan. Votes that most likely were for Nixon based on the demographics of the area.

However, the Democrat machine made it right for Nixon in the next election.

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Unions can have whatever requirement they see fit to vote in their private elections. Photo ID, hammer and sickle tattoo on the left butt cheek, whatever. Don't care.

I know you guys think that lefty voter fraud is rampant and costing you elections, but the reality is that's a joke. So by all means, carry on comedians.. :ThmbUp:

Snopes credentials :lol: :ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire
08-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Unions can have whatever requirement they see fit to vote in their private elections. Photo ID, hammer and sickle tattoo on the left butt cheek, whatever. Don't care.

I know you guys think that lefty voter fraud is rampant and costing you elections, but the reality is that's a joke. So by all means, carry on comedians.. :ThmbUp:

Snopes credentials :lol: :ThmbUp:

Do you really think there is not substantial voter fraud? Should not a government of the people and by the people have more of an interest than unions in protecting the sanctity of the vote?

Tom
08-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Gee Dan, your reply was kind of light on substance.
Much like a mostpost reply, but shorter.

Can't answer the honest question I posed, huh?
Didn't think so.

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Yep, I really think that. :eek: :blush:

This goes along with my earlier link:

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/06/proof-that-voter-impersonation-almost-never-happens/

An enduring Republican fantasy is that there are armies of fraudulent voters lurking in the baseboards of American life, waiting for the opportunity to crash the polls and undermine the electoral system. It’s never really been clear who these voters are or how their schemes work; perhaps they are illegal immigrants casting votes for amnesty, or poor people seeking handouts. Most Republican politicians know these criminals don’t actually exist, but they have found it useful to take advantage of the party base’s pervasive fear of outsiders, just as when they shot down immigration reform. In this case, they persuaded the base of the need for voter ID laws to ensure “ballot integrity,” knowing the real effect would be to reduce Democratic turnout.

Show Me the Wire
08-07-2014, 05:08 PM
I don't understand the argument about I.D.s disenfranchising minorities. States give out I.D. cards to anyone who can prove who they are, the threshold is very low, a birth certificate and a letter addressed to you at the address where you claim you live.

The minorities usually don't have a problem proving their identity, for certain purchases and if the need government assistance. So why is it a difficult requirement to ask them to do the same to vote? I do not believe it is to burdensome to carry an I.D. to vote.

To clarify, I am not accusing or saying all minorities or even all of a specific groups of minorities are on state assistance, but if they need sate assistance they need to produce an I.D. So do not read my comments about the necessity of an I.D. to accomplish very important things as an indictment against minorities.

Clocker
08-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I don't understand the argument about I.D.s disenfranchising minorities.

It's part of the plantation mentality of the liberal elite. Our poor, down-trodden black brothers are not capable of complying with such draconian measures such as photo IDs, so Big Brother has to take care of them.

NJ Stinks
08-07-2014, 05:45 PM
It's part of the plantation mentality of the liberal elite. Our poor, down-trodden black brothers are not capable of complying with such draconian measures such as photo IDs, so Big Brother has to take care of them.

Man, you guys can whine. Perpetually. If it's not about getting screwed by illegal voting, it's about people being too dumb to vote the right way or about the main stream media not promoting whatever it is you wish they would sell.

One thing is for sure. Nobody is going to accuse you guys of stoicism. :rolleyes:

Tom
08-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Looking for logic in the mind of a liberal is .....uh, well, actually, just looking for the mind of a liberal is a waste of time. They don't have them.

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 05:51 PM
We really need a Republican in the White House so all you clowns can get back to your lives - which you have put on hold since 2008 in order to become full time bitchers & whiners & insulters :D
I can't imagine you have time for much else.

...that's the real point here

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 05:54 PM
Looking for logic in the mind of a liberal is .....uh, well, actually, just looking for the mind of a liberal is a waste of time. They don't have them.
And you expect or want people to answer your questions?
After posting unproductive shit like this?

Okely dokely :lol: ...sit tight, your answer is coming soon...

JustRalph
08-07-2014, 05:55 PM
We really need a Republican in the White House so all you clowns can get back to your lives - which you have put on hold since 2008 in order to become full time bitchers & whiners & insulters :D

Watching this POS Prez sink is just starting to get good....... :ThmbUp:

There won't be any more Repub Presidents. Barring some serious event that is.

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 05:57 PM

POS...Point Of Sale ?
:)

johnhannibalsmith
08-07-2014, 06:03 PM
POS...Point Of Sale ?

That's appropriate too.

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 06:03 PM
POS...Point Of Sale ?
:)Don't you love that? The righties hare constantly refer to Obama as a POS when their lather is up and they momentarily drop their guards. Remember, it's his questionable policies that elicit such a hateful, denigrating comment such as that. It has nothing to do with anything else, you better believe it! :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Don't you love that? The righties hare constantly refer to Obama as a POS when their lather is up and they momentarily drop their guards. Remember, it's his questionable policies that elicit such a hateful, denigrating comment such as that. It has nothing to do with anything else, you better believe it! :lol:

What you mean is that if you call a black man a piece of shit, then you must be making a racist comment?

Really?

You're sharper than that.

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Don't you love that? The righties hare constantly refer to Obama as a POS when their lather is up and they momentarily drop their guards. Remember, it's his questionable policies that elicit such a hateful, denigrating comment such as that. It has nothing to do with anything else, you better believe it! :lol:
I wonder how many would call Obama a piece of shit if he were standing right in front of them.
Not many, I bet

mostpost
08-07-2014, 06:07 PM
False! The electoral vote in 1960 was 303 for Kennedy; 219 for Nixon. Illinois had 27 electoral votes that year. Subtract 27 from Kennedy's 303 and you get 276.
Add 27 to Nixon's 219 and you get 246. The margin is still 30 electoral votes in Kennedy's favor. The Illinois state board of elections declined to challenge the results of the election. According to Wikipedia that board was "dominated by Republicans."

There were allegations of fraud in Chicago, which may or may not have been true. There were also many allegations of fraud in downstate Illinois which was heavily Republican. Democrats did not not pursue those allegations since they won the election.

Republicans were able to obtain recounts in several states which lasted into 1961. The only change? Kennedy won Hawaii which had previously been given to Nixon. Doh!!!

tucker6
08-07-2014, 06:07 PM
What you mean is that if you call a black man a piece of shit, then you must be making a racist comment?

Really?

You're sharper than that.
He's proven time and again that he is not.

tucker6
08-07-2014, 06:08 PM
I wonder how many would call Obama a piece of shit if he were standing right in front of them.
Not many, I betHow could this even be tested? Obama doesn't stand in front of any commoners.

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 06:10 PM
How could this even be tested? Obama doesn't stand in front of any commoners.
Let's start testing with you...if given the opportunity to meet him, would you call Obama a POS to his face, or not?

EDIT: oh wait, my bad, I forgot to spell his name like this...0bama...like some b0z0 on this board does.
How clever - get it? It's the number zero instead of the letter O...wow, I am so clever!

FantasticDan
08-07-2014, 06:14 PM
What you mean is that if you call a black man a piece of shit, then you must be making a racist comment? Really? You're sharper than that.By all accounts, Obama is a good man. He's a good father, seems to be a "very decent fellow", I even remember PA admitting as much.

So why on earth would you call such a person, and the president to boot, a POS? Because of the ACA? Immigration policy?

I don't think so.

Maybe I'll go digging around for how many times libs called Bush a POS here..

johnhannibalsmith
08-07-2014, 06:20 PM
By all accounts, Obama is a good man. He's a good father, seems to be a "very decent fellow", I even remember PA admitting as much.

So why on earth would you call such a person, and the president to boot, a POS? Because of the ACA? Immigration policy?

I don't think so.

Maybe I'll go digging around for how many times libs called Bush a POS here..

Why not?

The piece of shit sold me a counterfeit bill of goods to get me to support his quest for power and fortune.

He may be wonderful with his own family, but he's an absentee father of the land that plays favorites with his children and pits them against one another.

The notion that POS is now some kind of racist code really lumps you in with some of the goofier deflectors of the universe.

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 06:23 PM
I think they call him a POS because it's within the rules of the TOS.
If they called him a dip s**t mother f***er SOB di**face they would be SOL.

That clears that up (dusting off hands emoticon)

thaskalos
08-07-2014, 06:24 PM

Boy, Ralph.

That means you'll be pretty busy in the years to come... :)

dartman51
08-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Do you really think there is not substantial voter fraud? Should not a government of the people and by the people have more of an interest than unions in protecting the sanctity of the vote?

Pay no mind to FanDan. He lives in his fantasy land where everything is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. That is, until a Repub becomes President, then he'll be driving the bitch wagon. :D And, if that Repub barely squeaks out a victory, he'll be leading the voter fraud charge. :eek: And, as far as Snopes goes. :liar: They are a joke. I'll take the word of the local papers that reported it, over Snopes, any day.

Clocker
08-07-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm just curious, but what possesses someone to randomly start a thread using a photo that was uploaded to Hotair in 2011?

To stir the pot!

Mission Accomplished. :p

Tom
08-07-2014, 07:30 PM

No, we spent the 8 years of BUSH replying to the whines fro the left.
Believe me, what you see here today still pales in comparison.

Tom
08-07-2014, 07:31 PM
POS...Point Of Sale ?
President of some.
President of saps.
President of screwballs.

Tom
08-07-2014, 07:32 PM
And you expect or want people to answer your questions?
After posting unproductive shit like this?

Okely dokely :lol: ...sit tight, your answer is coming soon...

Follow along, POT.
That comment came AFTER his non-reply.

Tom
08-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Not many, I bet

I would.
He is what he is.
Hope his wife is with him....I got a few words for her as well. :kiss:

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 08:03 PM
President of some.
President of saps.
President of screwballs.
One of your poorest attempts at humor
(make that 3 of your poorest)

PhantomOnTour
08-07-2014, 08:06 PM
Follow along, POT.
That comment came AFTER his non-reply.
And that's exactly when you began to feel that way about liberals?

Let's face it Tom - you bitch & moan about basically everything in your life.
Is it any wonder why many don't take you seriously...about anything?

HUSKER55
08-07-2014, 08:08 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/russia-racist-laser-obama_n_5656732.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

the above link from another thread should clear this up.