PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. James Brady

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 02:40 PM
His heroics and patriotism went beyond saving a president :ThmbUp:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/08/04/337821465/james-brady-gun-control-campaigner-and-presidential-spokesman-dies?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 04:58 PM
The man takes a bullet in the head for your beloved buddy of Bonzo,
and not a single conservative can pay their respects.

What a miserable bunch you are....... :ThmbDown:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuOJ88yIgAABqR9.png

PaceAdvantage
08-04-2014, 05:14 PM

What a miserable bunch you are....... :ThmbDown: The asshole award in this thread surely must go to you for this outburst. Thanks for ruining your own thread.

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 05:18 PM
The asshole award in this thread surely must go to you for this outburst. Thanks for ruining your own thread.

Don't mention it.
This thread was up for how many hours?
Around 30 people viewed it.

You guys always hand pick your heroes to suit your agenda.
Doubt that any of you would know a true patriot if he spat in your eye.

TJDave
08-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for ruining your own thread.

Somehow, I get the feeling this might turn into something special. ;)

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Somehow, I get the feeling this might turn into something special. ;)

The man came close to giving his life for Reagan.
It's what came about in the aftermath that is hard for some to digest.

Truth is, The Brady Bill could never go far enough.
Like sticking your finger in a crack on the Hoover Dam.

Lono
08-04-2014, 05:54 PM
One thing for sure Obama has no Brady around him, it's save your self dam the women and children. Not even Reggie.

Clocker
08-04-2014, 06:10 PM
His heroics and patriotism went beyond saving a president

The man came close to giving his life for Reagan.

The man takes a bullet in the head for your beloved buddy of Bonzo, and not a single conservative can pay their respects.

Not to in any way diminish what happened to Brady, but he was an innocent bystander who was randomly shot. There is no evidence that he had any chance to do anything to try to protect himself or Reagan.

You are obviously blowing this all out of proportion trying to stir the pot, which is why I did not respond initially, and I assume why many others did not take the bait.

Yes, it was a horrible crime. But you are the one trying to make political hay out of it.

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Not to in any way diminish what happened to Brady, but he was an innocent bystander who was randomly shot. There is no evidence that he had any chance to do anything to try to protect himself or Reagan.

You are obviously blowing this all out of proportion trying to stir the pot, which is why I did not respond initially, and I assume why many others did not take the bait.

Yes, it was a horrible crime. But you are the one trying to make political hay out of it.

A simple payment of respect.
That's the only reason that I started the thread - initially.

After 2 hours and close to 30 views later, with no reply in sight,
I became annoyed. Then my tone changed, alright.

BlueShoe
08-04-2014, 06:32 PM
But you are the one trying to make political hay out of it.
Unfortunate prediction, the Left will do just that, try to make political hay out of it. They will increase their efforts to pass anti firearm gun control legislation under the guise of honoring the memory of Mr. Brady.

Clocker
08-04-2014, 06:38 PM

What gives you the moral authority to judge that anyone not publicly offering "a simple payment of respect" must therefore not have respect for the man?

Clocker
08-04-2014, 06:49 PM
They will increase their efforts to pass anti firearm gun control legislation under the guise of honoring the memory of Mr. Brady.

And with disgraceful tactic of trying to lay a guilt trip on people who don't weep and wail publicly about the death of Brady. Just as the left has tried for years to use guilt about Brady getting shot as a pitiful tool to get more gun control.

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 07:31 PM
What gives you the moral authority to judge that anyone not publicly offering "a simple payment of respect" must therefore not have respect for the man?

The silence was deafening.

For me, the man is a hero for putting up the fight that he did.
He deserves respect, however, from all Americans for going through
what he did for the president at the time, even though fate brought
that event about.

Seems that even after his heroism and painful recuperation,
the name James Brady is about as popular as a fart in church
among conservatives. Shame on all of you.

rastajenk
08-04-2014, 07:52 PM
I never participate in any of these RIP threads. I guess that make me worthy of shame. :rolleyes:

Clocker
08-04-2014, 08:02 PM
I guess that make me worthy of shame. :rolleyes:

Shame on you. You should really feel guilty about not feeling guilty about not participating.

rastajenk
08-04-2014, 08:11 PM
I probably should; I'll get right on it.

horses4courses
08-04-2014, 08:27 PM
I never participate in any of these RIP threads. I guess that make me worthy of shame. :rolleyes:

Well, you have now.
I guess that must be a weight off your shoulders.

Personally, I won't participate if I'm not familiar with, or am indifferent towards,
the person in question. With the number of politically opinionated contributors
on this forum, a man of James Brady's stature was worthy of recognition.

johnhannibalsmith
08-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Yeah, sorry, too bad he died and good luck and all that but this seemed like a troll thread praying that it would go exactly like this from the word go and I see that the OP made sure it happened.

Clocker
08-04-2014, 08:31 PM
I see that the OP made sure it happened.

If at first you don't succeed, throw a little more gas on the fire.

FantasticDan
08-04-2014, 11:37 PM
If it makes you feel better, I had a response at my finger tips right after you posted, but got called away for the day before I had a chance. ;)

I was simply gonna say that when I was a teen, I read his book "Thumbs Up", which chronicled his ordeal, and it made a big impression on me. I still have it somewhere...

That's all. He was a good man. Godspeed.

Tom
08-05-2014, 11:27 AM

What a miserable bunch you are....... :ThmbDown:

He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He did not take one for the president - he was a victim of a madman, just like Reagan was. It was a tragedy, and his death is sad, but he was not a hero and the "buddy of Bonzo" nearly died that day, too, but your lack of respect for him really marks you for what you are - a miserable sole.

JustRalph
08-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Tom Delahanty and Agent McCarthy come to mind........and btw, those names came right off the top of my head.........

Brady? I'll just keep my mouth shut.......

Tom
08-05-2014, 01:33 PM
McCarthy - the one who "blew himself up" between Reagan and the gunman and took one?

You don't come any braver than that guy. :lol:

Clocker
08-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Brady showed courage and strength of character in recovering from and living with the horrible injuries he suffered from random violence. That puts him on a par with dozens of people who are victims of random violence in South Chicago on a regular basis.

The reason Brady's name does not warm the cockles of the hearts of conservatives has nothing to do with him. It has to do with the gun grabbers who used him and his name and his suffering as cheap tools in tactics of disgraceful pandering to emotions to promote their agenda.

NJ Stinks
08-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Brady showed courage and strength of character in recovering from and living with the horrible injuries he suffered from random violence. That puts him on a par with dozens of people who are victims of random violence in South Chicago on a regular basis.

The reason Brady's name does not warm the cockles of the hearts of conservatives has nothing to do with him. It has to do with the gun grabbers who used him and his name and his suffering as cheap tools in tactics of disgraceful pandering to emotions to promote their agenda.

Nobody used Brady. :rolleyes: He used himself to promote gun control.

Sarah Brady became involved in gun-control efforts in 1985, and later chaired Handgun Control Inc, but Brady took a few more years to join her, and Reagan did not endorse their efforts until 10 years after he was shot. Reagan’s surprise endorsement – he was a longtime National Rifle Association member and opponent of gun control laws – began to turn the tide in Congress.

“They’re not going to accuse him of being some bed-wetting liberal, no way can they do that,” said Brady, who had become an active lobbyist for the bill.

The Brady law – formally known as the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act – required a five-day wait and background check before a handgun could be sold. In November 1993, as President Bill Clinton signed the bill into law, Brady said: “Every once in a while you need to wake up and smell the propane. I needed to be hit in the head before I started hitting the bricks.”

Link: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/04/james-brady-reagan-assassination-dies-73

cj's dad
08-05-2014, 02:57 PM

After 2 hours and close to 30 views later, with no reply in sight,
I beca[/url]me annoyed. Then my tone changed, alright.

Perhaps you were >>>[url="http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13300&stc=1"] trolling.jpeg (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13300&stc=1)

Ocala Mike
08-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Sad to hear of his passing. He may not have been particularly heroic on that day in 1981, but I believe he earned the title by his actions and courage after that day. He rose above his party's line to fight for what he believed in.

"If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And---which is more---you'll be a Man, my son!" - Rudyard Kipling

Tom
08-05-2014, 03:10 PM
I didn't mean to diminish the guy - it was a terrible thing, and his actions later on were his decision. I don't have a problem with his choices nor the 5 day waiting rule.

PhantomOnTour
08-08-2014, 10:00 PM
They have ruled his death a homicide...as a result of his being shot during the Reagan assassination attempt b y Hinckley JR.

Whoa man

Tom
08-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Brady's????

That is nonsense.
Political games.

johnhannibalsmith
08-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Brady's????

Yeah, it's a little silly at this point I'd say.

horses4courses
08-08-2014, 10:06 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/politics/brady-death-homicide/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

TJDave
08-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Yeah, it's a little silly at this point I'd say.

Nice. Now it will be a forensic autopsy and I'd bet there's nothing the family can do to stop it.