PDA

View Full Version : Manitoba Derby Day

maclr11
08-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Wish someone else would have mentioned something but it is Manitoba Derby Day

Competitive nine race card, no real heavy favorites so wagering opportunities a plenty.

4 Stakes Races

The Graduation Stakes looks like Racyrae and the firster Sly Gold has shown great ability in the am.

Ciaran's Prize will be really tough in the Assiniboia Oaks. Idling is the upset contender.

Balooga Bull and Magic D'Oro are turning into a huge rivalry and that goes as the eighth race.

The ninth is the Manitoba Derby and it is a wide open field. Asmussen ships in from Indiana. 3 local horses, an invader from Mountaineer and a horse claimed off Pletcher last time in Master Lightning. I like Wilko Rum, Street Prancer and Jet Again but it is a competitive field.

First post is 1:40 CST.

woodtoo
08-04-2014, 12:32 PM
Looks like a good card and great weather.
race 4 the Graduation, FTS :3: Spiders Alibi 7/2 could be ready,like connections.

:7: Street Prancer 5/2 is my choice in the Derby,odds should be higher with
local contender :5: Jet Again 3/1, sure to take money.

With the Winnipeg Jets back in the NHL it would make a good story.

cutchemist42
08-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Me and the gf are going, looking forward to the RJSpeers for another matchup between Balooga Bull and Magic D'Oro.

woodtoo
08-05-2014, 06:34 AM
Looks like a good card and great weather.
race 4 the Graduation, FTS :3: Spiders Alibi 7/2 could be ready,like connections.

:7: Street Prancer 5/2 is my choice in the Derby,odds should be higher with
local contender :5: Jet Again 3/1, sure to take money.

With the Winnipeg Jets back in the NHL it would make a good story.
WELL that worked out well,huh?

Spidey ROMPS in the Graduation $13.60 7.30 5.70

Street Prances in the Derby $8.90 4.40 3.60

I'm up what, 2 bucks? :lol: :lol: :lol:

cutchemist42
08-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Even though I bet against him, I wish the Manitoba bred Jet Again had showed more in the Derby.