PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Takter in the Hambo.

Stillriledup
08-01-2014, 04:54 AM
He's virtually a sure thing to be the winning trainer, there are only 3 horses who have a shot and he trains all 3.

Ought to be interesting to see how this race develops and how these three uncoupled horses help each other (or, at least not hurt each other).

Surpising that Father Patrick is 4-5 ML, the other 2 look pretty strong.

mrroyboy
08-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I may take a shot with Nuncio mostly because of the pp draw.

pandy
08-01-2014, 11:27 AM
I picked Trixton, I just hope that Takter is aggressive enough. My feeling is that Father Patrick is better on the smaller tracks. He lost to Nuncio at the Meadowlands last year and in his last race he got a soft front end trip and he wasn't exactly pulling away from them. If the drivers do a good job and he gets used hard to get the lead, he could get caught.

mrroyboy
08-01-2014, 12:38 PM
Let's hope you are right Pandy.

pandy
08-01-2014, 12:40 PM
I certainly won't feel bad if Father Patrick wins. For years I've said that Gingras was a superb driver of trotters and I expect him to win several Hambletonians.

EdZone
08-01-2014, 03:15 PM
I'll pick Nuncio over Trixton and Resolve.

Stillriledup
08-01-2014, 04:50 PM
What concerns me is if Takter or Campbell will really drive to win....OR, they'll just grab up and treat FP as if he's the second coming and hand him an easy lead. FPs biggest advantage is that Takter trains the horses who are probably going to yield to him down the backstretch.

wiffleball whizz
08-01-2014, 04:58 PM
What concerns me is if Takter or Campbell will really drive to win....OR, they'll just grab up and treat FP as if he's the second coming and hand him an easy lead. FPs biggest advantage is that Takter trains the horses who are probably going to yield to him down the backstretch.

I really don't see JC boating home father Patrick he's basically the voice of harness racing and prob wouldn't put himself in a spot where he's questioned....

Remember cr kay Suzie when she broke in a elim at 1/9 I'm pretty sure JC win with taglibue though I'm not 100 percent sure....

Takter on the other hand will be doing what he has to do to get one of his horses home

mrroyboy
08-01-2014, 05:29 PM
I think they will all try as hard as they can. Too much money involved not too.

cmp92
08-01-2014, 05:39 PM
I think they will all try as hard as they can. Too much money involved not too.
I agree. The purse is $1,000,000. I can't really see the rest of the field just giving the race away. That being said, I think Takter still wins it but I wouldn't assume that he's going to sweep the trifecta or get away with a training mile.

HWIG
08-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Not to laugh, I've got IL SOGNO DREAM 50/1 on top, with TRIXTON AND FATHER PATRICK.