PDA

View Full Version : Something really stinks here

thespaah
07-31-2014, 09:58 PM
An Entry Clerk employed at Indiana Grand Race Course was fired essentially for blowing the whistle on some illegal claiming activity.
I ask all horsemen and "in the know" individuals to chime in here.
It appears to me there is some "stuff" going on and it also appears there are people who want whatever "Stuff" is going on, to be kept quiet
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86487/horse-returned-but-entry-clerk-out-of-a-job

Mineshaft
07-31-2014, 10:23 PM
Im confused.

Horse gets claimed by trainer who had 2 claims in for the horse which is illegal but the entry clerk let the claim stand. But Moss and Amoss got wind of it and told the stewards what happened and horse was returned to Amoss/Moss which was the right thing to do.

Then same thing happened a few days later and the claim was voided.

So did the entry clerk have something against Moss/Amoss and tried to give It Happened Again to the new owner knowing it was illegal to have the claim stand up?

thespaah
07-31-2014, 11:10 PM
Im confused.

Horse gets claimed by trainer who had 2 claims in for the horse which is illegal but the entry clerk let the claim stand. But Moss and Amoss got wind of it and told the stewards what happened and horse was returned to Amoss/Moss which was the right thing to do.

Then same thing happened a few days later and the claim was voided.

So did the entry clerk have something against Moss/Amoss and tried to give It Happened Again to the new owner knowing it was illegal to have the claim stand up?
It looks to me like the entry clerk reported it to the Stewards who voided the claims..
It's not exactly the most well written story. It's hard to follow really...

Mineshaft
07-31-2014, 11:12 PM
It looks to me like the entry clerk reported it to the Stewards who voided the claims..
It's not exactly the most well written story. It's hard to follow really...

It is somewhat hard to follow but i got out of it that the entry clerk let one claim stand and then a few days later voided a claim when both claims were the same.

Show Me the Wire
08-01-2014, 12:14 AM
Both claims clerk and entry clerk (fired clerk) reported to stews illegal claim of 1st horse. The stews took no action and let claim stand. The 2nd claim was voided by stews immediately after being notified of the illegal claim.

Moss received anonymous phone call informing her about illegal claim of her horse, which stews did not void. Moss confronted stews, with info, and stews voided claim.

Entry clerk suspected of making anonymous call to Moss. Issue is why did stews allow an illegal claim, after being notified by claims clerk and entry clerk that the claim was illegal and why was entry clerk fired for possibly notifying previous owner of rule violation by stews.

Mineshaft
08-01-2014, 12:23 AM
So the stewards are to blame for the screw up and the entry clerk called Moss and told her what happened and was fired. How are the stewards going to explain this one?

Show Me the Wire
08-01-2014, 12:33 AM
Yes. As to the explanation, we will have to wait and see if one is even given. How they explain it should be interesting.

JustRalph
08-01-2014, 01:59 AM
I guess the whistleblower has an attorney on his side :ThmbUp:

CryingForTheHorses
08-01-2014, 09:54 AM
All claims go thu the stewards,The claims clerk has no say in the matter,All he/she does is open the box and write the slip.Another thing that is missing here is that the Racing sec must sign the slip,Also the bookkeeper should also know there are 2 owners of the same trainer in for said horse.Sounds to me the claims clerk did the right thing and several people here should be questioned.JMO

onefast99
08-01-2014, 10:17 AM
An Entry Clerk employed at Indiana Grand Race Course was fired essentially for blowing the whistle on some illegal claiming activity.
I ask all horsemen and "in the know" individuals to chime in here.
It appears to me there is some "stuff" going on and it also appears there are people who want whatever "Stuff" is going on, to be kept quiet
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86487/horse-returned-but-entry-clerk-out-of-a-job
No one at that track has the legal right to request she "leave her license on the table" and leave the premises, she has a very good foundation for a lawsuit here that won't get her job back but will cost someone else theirs! Of course she will also be offered a settlement that won't ever be disclosed and everyone will carry on as if nothing ever happened.

Mineshaft
08-01-2014, 11:23 AM
All claims go thu the stewards,The claims clerk has no say in the matter,All he/she does is open the box and write the slip.Another thing that is missing here is that the Racing sec must sign the slip,Also the bookkeeper should also know there are 2 owners of the same trainer in for said horse.Sounds to me the claims clerk did the right thing and several people here should be questioned.JMO

Some states dont require a signature from the RS dont know how Indiana does it.

Tom
08-01-2014, 11:39 AM
How are the stewards going to explain this one?

The same way they explain everything else - they don't.
If ever there were shady characters at the track, they all sit in the stewards' offices.