PDA

View Full Version : Horseplayer Monthly is Out - Dorr on Rainbow 6, CJ, Meadow etc

DeanT
07-31-2014, 09:30 AM
Mike Dorr has an in-depth analysis of jackpot bets, Lenny Moon wants you to take the 80/20 challenge, Craig Milkowski of TimeformUS has an early glimpse at the Breeders' Cup, and Barry Meadow tells you about betting systems

Also in this issue: Q&A's with Brad Cummings of EquiLottery and Chris Roberts of Northlands Park; Melissa Nolan talks first-year sires; Scott Raymond says get back to the track, what to do when when you're in a slump, what the Thoroughbreds can learn from Harness Racing, Garnet Barnsdale's monthly harness column, quick hits, and a heaping helping of stats!

It's free. Thanks for reading and sharing it.

http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanamonthly.html

Robert Fischer
07-31-2014, 10:50 AM
Dean :ThmbUp:

looks like another good issue

Right now, I'm looking at CJ's division leaders for the breeder's cup.

Looks like the Classic could end up being a good race to handicap this year,

and the Manhattan could be a key race for the turf division.

DeanT
07-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Thanks Robert.

I like looking at the TF numbers. In the UK (you know, Im sure) they offer their numbers out like that regularly. I like that they're doing it here too.

LottaKash
07-31-2014, 01:05 PM
As always Dean, thx for the head's up on this months issue....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: ...Good stuff..

cutchemist42
07-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Great issue, brought up a memory of a poster bringing up equilottery a few weeks back.

DeanT
07-31-2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks for reading Lotta and Cut. Everyone appreciates the nice words.

cutchemist42
07-31-2014, 09:50 PM
Thanks for reading Lotta and Cut. Everyone appreciates the nice words.

Always love them. Reread that Jackpot6 article and it does bring up great points, along with the article aboutsupporting low takeout pools.

I'm actually wondering though if the Equinlottery would actually be better than someone doing the straight lottery? Is the vig/takeout the same on that Equinlottery as the track takeout i wonder?

JustRalph
08-01-2014, 02:05 AM
Looks great on an iPad.... :ThmbUp:

DeanT
08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm actually wondering though if the Equinlottery would actually be better than someone doing the straight lottery? Is the vig/takeout the same on that Equinlottery as the track takeout i wonder?

From what I read nothing is set in stone. They are looking at pools like the superfecta to start, hoping to get to the scratcher ticket type people. Brad and his consultants seem to think that a lottery player who gets paid something often (even if small) can keep them coming back.

This is a little different to the V75 in Sweden, where a quick pick can be worth millions.

The bottom line for us as players - ie what we hope will happen - is that pool size will go up, possibly with more "dumb money" so we have better pools to play into, with hopeful better returns.

I sincerely hope it gets off the ground. Horse racing needs more new money.

Dean
PS: Thanks Ralph, I read it on the iPad too. Looks super.

Si2see
08-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Great read, I liked the 80/20 article. I might give it a shot

Grits
08-01-2014, 01:22 PM
I, too, thought the 80/20 piece was excellent. If one can't pick winners of 1 or 2 races, what makes them feel they can pick the winners of 4 and 5?

All the features were good.