PDA

View Full Version : Sheila Jackson-Looney strikes again

Clocker
07-31-2014, 03:18 AM
Representative Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) argued on the floor of the House today against suing Obama, saying that the Democrats never sought to impeach President George W. Bush.

“I ask my colleagues to oppose this resolution for it is in fact a veiled attempt for impeachment and it undermines the law that allows a president to do his job,” Jackson-Lee said on Wednesday.

“A historical fact that President Bush pushed this nation into a war that had little to do with apprehending terrorists. We did not seek an impeachment of President Bush, because as an executive, he had his authority. President Obama has the authority.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/30/dem-who-co-sponsored-bush-impeachment-bill-says-it-never-happened-video/#ixzz391nh8zxu

Not only was a bill to impeach Bush introduced in 2008, but Sheila Jackson-Lee was one of 11 co-sponsors (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:HE01258:@@@P).

newtothegame
07-31-2014, 04:25 AM
Ohhh come now Clocker,
Just as the Constitution is 400 years old, you know good and well Sheila Jackson Lee only tells the truth!!! :lol:

rastajenk
07-31-2014, 06:31 AM
She's also wrong on the notion that Bush got us into war by executive action, or "authority." He at every turn got Congress to vote in favor of the action. I don't remember him at any time saying something like, "If Congress doesn't do anything, I will," or, "Even if Congress does something, I'll still do whatever I want.".

P.S.: That list of co-sponsors is an all-star list of Congressional moonbats if ever there was.

Clocker
07-31-2014, 10:04 AM
P.S.: That list of co-sponsors is an all-star list of Congressional moonbats if ever there was.

There is one glaring omission from that list: their leader. Lest anyone doubt that Nancy Pelosi is the Queen of the Moonbats, her latest affirmation is her statement that Hamas is a humanitarian organization (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/pelosi-qataris-have-told-me-hamas-humanitarian-organization), and that we must look to Qatar for a solution to the Middle East fighting.

Tom
07-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Full disclosure, do a search - many of us here objected here to Bush's signing statements. We agreed, sign it or veto it - that is ALL he had the power to do.

I believe I called for HIS impeachment for those statement - violation of the constitution.

Jackson and Pelsoi - Dumb and Dumber.

HUSKER55
07-31-2014, 10:58 AM
LIBS TELL SO MANY LIES THEY TRIP OVER THEMSELVES

mostpost
07-31-2014, 01:25 PM
There is one glaring omission from that list: their leader. Lest anyone doubt that Nancy Pelosi is the Queen of the Moonbats, her latest affirmation is her statement that Hamas is a humanitarian organization (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/pelosi-qataris-have-told-me-hamas-humanitarian-organization), and that we must look to Qatar for a solution to the Middle East fighting.
Hamas is humanitarian organization-to the Palestinians. That is how the maintain the support of so many Palestinians. They provide food, shelter and medical care. Of course they are also a terrorist organization and the first does not balance out the second.

Nancy Pelosi did not say-if you listen to the tape-that Hamas was a humanitarian organization, she said the Qataris repeatedly told her that Hamas was a humanitarian organization. When Candy Crowley asked if it wasn't true that the US considered Hamas a terrorist organization she agreed and said that we had had that discussion with the Qataris many times.

Dave Schwartz
07-31-2014, 01:59 PM
Hamas is humanitarian organization-to the Palestinians. That is how the maintain the support of so many Palestinians. They provide food, shelter and medical care. Of course they are also a terrorist organization and the first does not balance out the second.

Hamas is 98% a terrorist organization. The food and shelter business is just ridiculous.

I am reminded of Castro's famous quote when he was first accused of being a communist. (Remember that my Spanish is not so good.)

He said, "Yo no soy communista. Yo soy humanista."

"I am not a communist, I am a humanitarian."

This was the same guy who appointed Che Guevara as his Minister of Finance. Yeah, that was his real job. :rolleyes:

Clocker
07-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Hamas is 98% a terrorist organization. The food and shelter business is just ridiculous.

Israel has discovered over 30 tunnels between Gaza and Israel, and there are probably the same number between Gaza and Egypt. One estimate I saw recently in the main stream media estimated the cost of construction to be about $2 million apiece. That's a lot of humanitarianism.

Tom
07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
The Palestinians have three choices:

1. Get Hamas out of the Strip
2. Move out themselves
3. Risk dying in attacks

Seems like a no-brainer.

Clocker
07-31-2014, 02:16 PM
Nancy Pelosi did not say-if you listen to the tape-that Hamas was a humanitarian organization, she said the Qataris repeatedly told her that Hamas was a humanitarian organization. When Candy Crowley asked if it wasn't true that the US considered Hamas a terrorist organization she agreed and said that we had had that discussion with the Qataris many times.

I can't tell what she is saying there. She repeats the Qatar claim that Hamas is a humanitarian organization without comment on the validity until Crowley pushes her on it. And she still insists that we need to work with Qatar to find a solution. Qatar knows that Hamas is terrorist, and we have already seen the futility of working through Qatar. By funding Hamas, Qatar is as guilty of terrorism as Hamas.

dartman51
07-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Israel has discovered over 30 tunnels between Gaza and Israel, and there are probably the same number between Gaza and Egypt. One estimate I saw recently in the main stream media estimated the cost of construction to be about $2 million apiece. That's a lot of humanitarianism.

They're branching out. Trying to take food and blankets to the Israelis. It's a humanitarian thing, you know. :rolleyes: