PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit against Obama

JustRalph
07-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I think the Dems are really worried about this. They are sending emails 3-4 times a day begging for money and whining about this lawsuit threat.

At first I didn't think they cared. Now, not so much. I predicted a long while back that once the wholesale selective enforcement of some laws over others got to court Obama and Congress would have big problems. Now I think it's even worse than I thought.

Hillary may be running a Presidential Campaign where every few weeks or months a court will be ruling against her party, right up till June 2016 where the Supremes really hammer them. If Boehner's and friends time this right, that is.

The individual mandate will be the big problem. How about these scenarios?

:1: Hillary runs the last three months of the campaign promising to re-write Obamacare due to the courts having gutted it.

:2: Hillary gets elected and agrees with a Repub house and Senate to repeal Obamacare as long as some form of Government healthcare is left intact.

:3: A Republican gets elected (fat chance barring some event) and with a Repub House and Senate, they repeal Obamacare

Barry O ends up retiring in disgrace to Hawaii or Palm Desert with absolutely nothing to brag about ........except the record for the biggest loser ever in the Supreme Court. Barring some deaths in the court over the next 2-3 years

horses4courses
07-30-2014, 09:06 PM
I think the Dems are really worried about this. They are sending emails 3-4 times a day begging for money and whining about this lawsuit threat.

Either they send these emails to you under false pretenses,
or you have "a source".

NJ Stinks
07-30-2014, 09:54 PM
I think the Dems are really worried about this.

I think it more accurate to say you hope Dems are really worried about this.

boxcar
07-31-2014, 12:10 AM
Obama is bullet-proof. Nothing is going to happen to him. It simply wouldn't be politically correct to let anything untoward happen to the first black president of the U.S.

JR, wake up from your fantasy.

Boxcar

mostpost
07-31-2014, 01:53 AM

At first I didn't think they cared. Now, not so much. I predicted a long while back that once the wholesale selective enforcement of some laws over others got to court Obama and Congress would have big problems. Now I think it's even worse than I thought.

Hillary may be running a Presidential Campaign where every few weeks or months a court will be ruling against her party, right up till June 2016 where the Supremes really hammer them. If Boehner's and friends time this right, that is.

The individual mandate will be the big problem. How about these scenarios?

:1: Hillary runs the last three months of the campaign promising to re-write Obamacare due to the courts having gutted it.

:2: Hillary gets elected and agrees with a Repub house and Senate to repeal Obamacare as long as some form of Government healthcare is left intact.

:3: A Republican gets elected (fat chance barring some event) and with a Repub House and Senate, they repeal Obamacare

Barry O ends up retiring in disgrace to Hawaii or Palm Desert with absolutely nothing to brag about ........except the record for the biggest loser ever in the Supreme Court. Barring some deaths in the court over the next 2-3 years

A. The House has no standing to sue because it is not being harmed.
B. Even if it does have standing the courts will not take the case because they will say it is a political matter and it should be solved through political means.
C. Obama is not doing anything that has not been done by many Presidents before including George W. Bush. And that is to delay implementation of a law so that we can discern the best way of implementing it with the least pain to the least people.
D. The Republicans are suing Obama for doing what they were demanding he do and for not doing what they did not want him to do.

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 02:13 AM
Either they send these emails to you under false pretenses,
or you have "a source".

Anybody can sign up. I'm on a bunch of Dem lists.

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 02:15 AM
B. Even if it does have standing the courts will not take the case because they will say it is a political matter and it should be solved through political means.
C. Obama is not doing anything that has not been done by many Presidents before including George W. Bush. And that is to delay implementation of a law so that we can discern the best way of implementing it with the least pain to the least people.
D. The Republicans are suing Obama for doing what they were demanding he do and for not doing what they did not want him to do.

There lies the legal side of it. In a nutshell. The courts will decide.

davew
07-31-2014, 02:32 AM
the dems are just using this to stir up their lemmings to donate cash and vote (multiple times is even better)

Tom
07-31-2014, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by mostpost

Technically, they represent we, the people, so they do have standing.
But I digress.

The House needs to grow a set and stop this nonsense.
They HAVE the power to deal with this - impeachment, or CUT OFF funding to things.

Grow up, boys, do what YOU are supposed to do. Check and Balances mean nothing when you are afraid to use them.

Pathetic.

We need more TEA!

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 10:23 AM
Two emails this morning.......

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 10:37 AM
Can I ask a simple question? If you were to poll Americans, 90+% would say they hate stupid shit like this, and they're sick and tired of it, and want Congress to stop it and start doing their jobs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/20/congress-is-making-a-lot-of-history-by-being-so-unpopular/

So why doesn't it ever stop?

Clocker
07-31-2014, 10:45 AM
Can I ask a simple question? If you were to poll Americans, 90+% would say they hate stupid shit like this, and they're sick and tired of it, and want Congress to stop it and start doing their jobs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/06/20/congress-is-making-a-lot-of-history-by-being-so-unpopular/

It doesn't ever stop because the people who say they hate stupid shit like this keep reelecting the same stupid shits and sending them back to Washington every election cycle.

HUSKER55
07-31-2014, 10:56 AM
DO WHAT I DO. I SEND A REQUEST FOR A DONATION BECAUSE I AM DISABLED.

YOU WOULD BE SURPRISED AS TO HOW FAST THE EMAILS STOP.

TRY IT! SOMETIMES IT WORKS AND SOMETIMES IT DON'T. BETTER THAN NOTHING.

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 10:58 AM
It doesn't ever stop because the people who say they hate stupid shit like this keep reelecting the same stupid shits and sending them back to Washington every election cycle. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Tom
07-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Both sides are guilty.
The Senate does NOTHING, ever.
The president whines and cries and then violated the law.
The repubs refuse to do their duty and defund him or impeach him.

As taxpayers, WE should all refuse to pay federal taxes due to lack of service.

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 11:07 AM

Clocker
07-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Both sides are guilty.
The Senate does NOTHING, ever.
The president whines and cries and then violated the law.
The repubs refuse to do their duty and defund him or impeach him.

I have seen no real leadership on either side of the aisle for years.

About twice a week, Obama flies off somewhere and makes a speech whining that he can't get anything done in Washington. Duh, maybe that's because you aren't in Washington.

Harry Reid's senior moments last for years. He somehow thinks that standing on the floor of the Senate ranting about the Koch brothers is his sole purpose in Washington.

McConnell and Boehner seem to think that leadership is standing in front of the media with the usual wall of minions as background whining about the other side.

I have seen no evidence that any of these people are talking to each other.

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 11:27 AM

He told his followers to bring a gun to a knife fight

He told his followers to "get in their faces"

He told Latino voters to "punish" Republicans

Ever hear JFK say anything remotely in that vein? How about Reagan, Bush or even Clinton. They were above that. Clinton you would think would be the poster child for Obama when it comes to getting things done. Nope. Obama is a no talent street hood from Chicago. Plain and simple. A lost decade. We're half way through it. Congrats!

Why would any Repub Congressman/woman cooperate with the other side of aisle?

Add in the ridiculous attacks by the media on people like Sarah Palin, Michelle Malkin and others and you get the point. You think these bullshit media attacks go un-noticed? The left wing media makes enemies too. The David Lettermen and Bill Maher's of the world don't go un-noticed either. Toss in the phony War on Women bullshit and you might begin to realize that a punk like Obama or Harry Reid get nothing.

The fact that the government isn't completely defunded is a surprise to me. If I was in Congress I would vote to fund nothing but the military. Nothing!

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Now the big man himself wants a couple of bucks to fight Repubs.......3rd email this morning

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 11:36 AM
^Nothing like answering a question about idiotic and pointless partisanship with a post full of idiotic and pointless partisanship :D :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 11:39 AM
Obama is a no talent street hood from Chicago. Plain and simple.Are you so daft as to not see the racial component in this comment? Would you have ever called any other president a "street hood"? :ThmbDown:

Tom
07-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes, Obama needs to seriously grow up.
He is, by any standards nothing more than a punk stooge.
He has had numerous opportunities to do the right thing and deserve support and respect, but every time, he takes the low road.

There is not an ounce of leadership in him.
He COULD have united the country, but he chose not to.
If you look at my early on posts, I actually had hopes for him and thought he might a good pick.

BTW, he was BLACK back then, too. :lol:

Tom
07-31-2014, 11:48 AM
Are you so daft as to not see the racial component in this comment? Would you have ever called any other president a "street hood"? :ThmbDown:

No other president ever acted like one.
Thug, hood......is it your plan to steal ALL the words and re-define them?
How about typical white person.....is that not a racist remark?

Let's compromise and call him a total A hole.
Would that make you happy?

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Are you so daft as to not see the racial component in this comment? Would you have ever called any other president a "street hood"? :ThmbDown:

Yep, that's it. I'm a racist. Chicago style politics is his game. He's getting everything he deserves. He is now the whiner in chief

Sure I would. As soon as we elect another one. He's the one who wrote about his exploits and committing a felony. Using cocaine etc. the choom gang et al.

When he releases his college transcripts with his grades etc, then I'll believe he actually finished college too.

tucker6
07-31-2014, 12:07 PM
All presidents prior to Obama had real jobs before becoming president. Community organizer is akin to street hood. You see racism because you most likely are one of those self-loathing white people. I don't care about race so I didn't see the connection.

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 12:22 PM
Ralph, are those pictures of him smiling supposed to denote street hood status? :lol:

Keep up the com-o-dee, guys.. :ThmbUp:

And tucker, Obama was an associate and partner in a law firm for more than a decade, not to mention his teaching at Univ of Chicago.

Clocker
07-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Chicago style politics is his game.

I'd call Rahm Emanuel a street hood too. Does that make me an anti-semite?

classhandicapper
07-31-2014, 12:33 PM

Gee, and I thought he was talking about being like the Italian Mafia and Al Capone. I was deciding whether I, as an Italian American, should be insulted given that I have way more respect for the Mafia than the president or congress.

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 12:41 PM
Gee, and I thought he was talking about being like the Italian Mafia and Al Capone. I was deciding whether I, as an Italian American, should be insulted given that I have way more respect for the Mafia than the president or congress.

That was what I was implying. I thought it was obvious. Not sure what part is racist? But, Dems see racism in everything.

Who knows.......

johnhannibalsmith
07-31-2014, 12:43 PM

It's insane.

We are having a gubernatorial election soon and apparently only two people are running, both Republicans, both running against Governor Obama apparently.

This is the entire campaign - politics at its absolute worst, the thing that people claim to hate - and one of these two morons will win just because they are on television the most even though it is exactly that exposure that should spell defeat.

Tom
07-31-2014, 12:57 PM
And tucker, Obama was an associate and partner in a law firm for more than a decade, not to mention his teaching at Univ of Chicago.

He didn't learn much, did he? :rolleyes:

Danny, your racist BS is insulting and as usual, totally off base.
Street Hoods - you are aware FONZIE was a street hood?
A hoodlum, a "hood."

You're playing the race cards just exposed your lack of ability to counter the arguments being made. We, on the left, find that very :lol::lol::D about you.

Tom
07-31-2014, 12:59 PM
I also thought thugs were union boys, hoods were street tough guys, and the mafia was mobsters or goons.

tucker6
07-31-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes and no Dan.

Los Angeles Times Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Senior attorneys at the small firm where he worked say he was a strong writer and researcher, but was involved in relatively few cases -- about 30 -- and spent only four years as a full-time lawyer before entering politics.

Obama arrived in Chicago in 1993 with a degree from Harvard Law School and was hired as a junior lawyer at the firm then known as Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Gallard. He helped represent clients in civil and voting rights matters and wrongful firings, argued a case before a federal appellate court, and took the lead in writing a suit to expand voter registration.

But the firm also handled routine legal matters and real estate. Obama spent about 70% of his time on voting rights, civil rights and employment, generally as a junior associate. The rest of his time was spent on matters related to real estate transactions, filing incorporation papers and defending clients against minor lawsuits.

In one instance, Obama defended a nonprofit corporation that owns low-income housing projects against a lawsuit in which a man alleged that he slipped and fell because of poor maintenance. Obama got the suit dismissed.

In another case, Obama appeared on behalf of a nonprofit corporation that provided healthcare for poor people. A woman who claimed income of less than $8,000 a year had sued Obama's client to obtain a $336 payment for baby-sitting services; Obama's client paid up, and the case was settled.

In 1994, Obama appeared in Cook County court on behalf of Woodlawn Preservation & Investment Corp., defending it against a suit by the city, which alleged that the company failed to provide heat for low-income tenants on the South Side during the winter.

Those were not the cases Obama highlighted in the self-portrait drawn in his first memoir, "Dreams From My Father."

"In my legal practice," he wrote, "I work mostly with churches and community groups, men and women who quietly build grocery stores and health clinics in the inner city, and housing for the poor."

Obama had made a name for himself at Harvard, where he was the first African American president of the law review. That accomplishment generated press accounts and prompted Judson Miner, head of the firm that bears his name, to recruit Obama. Obama took time to complete "Dreams From My Father," then joined the 13-attorney firm.

"He was doing the work that any first-year or second-year associate would do," Miner said. "In litigation, he was doing basic research and writing memos. . . . In the first couple years he would play a very minor role. He wouldn't know [much], so he would take the lead from whoever was supervising his work."

He did have some noteworthy cases. Among them, Obama filed a major 1995 suit that successfully forced Illinois to enforce the 1993 federal Motor Voter law, which sought to make it easier for people to register to vote.

Obama took what Miner called the "laboring oar" on some cases. He took the lead arguing a 1994 case before the U.S. 7th Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of a securities trader who had been improperly fired. The court ruled for his client.

"This is a central part of his life and story," said David Axelrod, Obama's chief campaign strategist. "He could have written his ticket at any law firm in the country. . . . He decided instead that he wanted to be a civil rights attorney, and he signed up with a small firm that had a reputation for doing this kind of work."

People who knew Obama in the early 1990s said he made it clear that he aspired to run for public office. For that, the firm, now called Miner, Barnhill & Gallard, was a good place to start.

The firm has been a force in Chicago politics. Carol Moseley Braun, one of Obama's predecessors in the U.S. Senate from Illinois, briefly worked there.

Miner was counsel to the late Chicago Mayor Harold Washington. Allison Davis, a co-founder of the firm who since has left, is a major Chicago developer.

Miner, Davis and other partners and clients have been a regular source of campaign money for Obama, giving him $100,000 over the years. Miner said he organized fundraisers for Obama's first state Senate run, his 2000 congressional campaign and his 2004 U.S. Senate race.

Davis, who could not be reached for comment, has been a partner with other Chicago developers who also are clients of the firm and are Obama backers. One Davis partner was Antoin "Tony" Rezko, a major Obama patron who is now on trial in a federal public corruption case.

The law firm says Obama logged 3,723 billable hours during his tenure from 1993 to 2004, most of it during the first four years.

So in other words, Obama didn't do much as a lawyer, so my prior comments still stand. The average lawyer has 1,800 billable hours per year according to to NALP. So Obama essentially worked two full years as a lawyer. He embellished his law career just like he embellishes everything else. In handling only 30 cases, he hardly "worked mostly with churches and community groups, men and women who quietly build grocery stores and health clinics in the inner city, and housing for the poor." He was certainly not a partner as you suggest either.

Tom
07-31-2014, 01:02 PM
"He was doing the work that any first-year or second-year associate would do," Miner said. "In litigation, he was doing basic research and writing memos. . . . In the first couple years he would play a very minor role. He wouldn't know [much], so he would take the lead from whoever was supervising his work."

So he did a lot more then than he does now.

tucker6
07-31-2014, 01:04 PM
So he did a lot more then than he does now.
He was being supervised then as he is now too. Dan says he was a partner, and at least an associate. The law firm says he was a junior associate. I wonder if he delivered the interoffice mail and cleaned the bathrooms too.

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 01:14 PM
Danny, your racist BS is insulting and as usual, totally off base.
Street Hoods - you are aware FONZIE was a street hood?
A hoodlum, a "hood."You cross the line when you bring Fonzie into this :lol: :cool:

Just think about it.. what other president would be referred to as a street hood? Clinton? Bush? Carter? Nixon? Anyone?

Of course not, the term would never even come to mind. To deny the obvious racial implications is truly hilarious. :blush:

rastajenk
07-31-2014, 01:20 PM
But Nixon was a "crook." And Reagan was a B-movie actor. Nothing racist is either of those, but certainly disparaging characterizations.

Why would anyone associate those Prez's with the street?

FantasticDan
07-31-2014, 01:22 PM
Why would anyone associate those Prez's with the street?Exactly. Why would anyone associate Obama with the street?

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 01:32 PM
Exactly. Why would anyone associate Obama with the street?

I don't know. Maybe when he writes about "scoring some blow" do I need to go on? I did that from memory.....but I'm sure it's close.

Btw, just got another email begging for 3 bucks. :bang:

Clocker
07-31-2014, 01:33 PM
Just think about it.. what other president would be referred to as a street hood? Clinton? Bush? Carter? Nixon? Anyone?

Nixon was the first name that came to mind, but I rejected him as a street hood. Nixon would be higher up the food chain. He had better strategic and leadership abilities than Obama. Nixon was also smarter and sneakier than Obama. I'd call him a boss, if not a don.

tucker6
07-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Looks like Dan has decided to skip over the "Obama was an associate and partner in a law firm for more than a decade" beatdown. :D

rastajenk
07-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Exactly. Why would anyone associate Obama with the street?

How about this?

He told his followers to bring a gun to a knife fight

He told his followers to "get in their faces"

He told Latino voters to "punish" Republicans

Among many other examples.

Tom
07-31-2014, 03:00 PM

dartman51
07-31-2014, 04:37 PM

Were you aware that the House has passed over 300 bills, on everything from the economy, to health care, to the V.A., and they are all sitting on Harry Reid's desk. Of course you weren't. You only know what the Mother Ship wants you to know. If Harry brought them to a vote, pass or fail makes no difference, he could no longer label the Congress as a DO NOTHING Congress. That's why people like you keep repeating the bullshit. :eek:

JustRalph
07-31-2014, 05:46 PM
http://twitchy.com/2014/07/31/crushing-my-inbox-pelosi-and-the-dems-are-not-going-to-be-ignored-photos/

Guess I'm not the only one.........the begging is growing louder

Tom
07-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Whores.
Another connection to the streets - he is a street walker.

and......he is much prettier than Moochelle! :lol: :lol: