PDA

View Full Version : Balmoral park late pick 4 Wednesday 7/30/14

Poindexter
07-30-2014, 02:54 PM
As usual you can find free program pages for the races as USTROTTING.COM.

Balmoral pick 4 for Wednesday 7/30

Pretty frustrating beat the other night. Ticket ended up being a $36 ticket with a late scratch of the 5, but for the record on late scratches like that I will record the play as the original ticket giving myself an extra ticket on the favorite. So $48 bet zero returned. The beat was frustrating not so much be because Rockin Rumble went by the top paying combination late(was paying $443) but because Rockin Rumble was given a 2 hole tuck on the 1st turn. Delong driving the 5/2 2nd favorite decides to leave the 2 hole wide open behind the favorite and of course Rockin Rumble the beneficiary of the 2 hole trip nails the 4 horse late. That is just completely unacceptable in harness racing(to leave the 2 hole behind the favorite wide open like that). I guess the sport is dying and the guys driving just do not care anymore (or worse they are flat out cheating).

Record to date 4 pick 4’S played, Bet $296 return $0.
For tonight I have a modest $32 ticket with some decent price potential.

6th) Going to start off with a single in the pick 4 opener.
Meet me Tonight- could not make the lead last out and was forced to go 1st over into a 56.3 last ½ and held well enough. She is best in here anyway, but main reason for the single is that most of his competition is drawn outside. Have no idea who will leave, who will duck, who will get the convenient tuck…. The 7-9-10 all have a shot with a trip, whether they get one remains to be seen. Inside, the only horse that has some appeal would be the 2 horse Box you in, who rail road, came out late far turn and motored by much weaker. The last ½ was about 56 flat. I think Meet me tonight has the tactical speed to make the top in a moderate 1st half and sprint home a winner.

7th) 3-4-5-10
3) Look Ma no Hands-raced nicely last out earning a good figure. Left hard, went a fast 2nd ¼ was pressed far turn and held well. Has early speed in a race that does not appear to have a lot of early speed in and he should be able to control the pace and be tough to catch.
4) Jo Jo Spur-Missed a week, but he is razor sharp right now. 2 back won impressively 1st over and last race he motored home from last after drawn in the 9 hole. Camweiser the horse he has been duking it out with went up to the $6000 level and deadheated with Gallactic star in a race that Wildcat Bobbie already came back to run well out of. Has a huge chance in here.
5)Eagle a Scooting-He is very sharp right now and certainly should be included on any trifecta or Superfecta tickets. Bad news is that he may not get the pace he needs to win and he has 1 win in 41 starts over the last 2 years. It is possible however that he is 2nd over behind Jo Jo Spur, which would make him very dangerous. Think he will be a big price(he is 20-1 morning line) and represents good value.
10) Put to the test.-Obviously I hate the 10 hole. Hasn’t left in his last 10 races. As mentioned there does not appear to be much early speed in here, so if he elects to leave and finds a spot he will have to be beat. He is razor sharp (was loaded on the rail last out with nowhere to race and 2 back took full advantage of a perfect trip to win. From a betting standpoint, if he is low odds I will try to beat him, but cannot throw him off of my pick 4 ticket.
Of the others
2) justliving the dream-has made his bettors live a night mare the last 2 as he has absolutely stunk. Total toss for me.
7) Russell L-Program line is off a bit. This horse was not 8 behind 8 at the ¾, he was 2nd over probably about 5 behind the leader. He had a pretty decent trip and closed decently. Has his work cut out from the 7 hole.
8) Music Again-benefited from a hot pace and short field(didn’t have to line up 3rd or 4th over) but was forced to angle wide and closed well. Solid effort, but stuck in the 8 hole.

8th) 5-6-8-9
This is a weak field for this level.
5)Sand Taryn-has won only 2 races in 50 over the last 2 years.This guy made a monstrous close into the faster last ½ drawn outside last week. More importantly this horse can leave in a field that does not have a lot early speed. This horse has a bunch of races that I give him solid figures in(relative to most of these). Has a big look in here.
6) Lovers Holiday-also made an impressive close coming from last in that same race. He needs a trip, but I feel he needs to be used.
8)Blue Gem-strong effort last 3. I stupidly left this guy off my pick 4 last week. He is clearly the best horse in here currently but he is stuck in the 8 hole. Does not seem to have a lot of early speed, and do not think anybody will be giving tucks to this driver (not a regular) so he may have his work cut out in here.
9) One Loud Ding-This guy is a little interesting-He is not going to win closing from 9th (especially after being sick )as tried last week. He can win if he is sent and can make the top without abusing himself(or even if he leaves tucks and comes 1st out). His figures are solid against most of these and if he can get to the top he has a decent chance to win at what I assume will be a good price.

Others
2)Iamlovedbytheking-Been off about a month. Have seen some hints of talent from this guy, but I need to see more.
3)Main Squeeze-like the fact he has tactical inside speed. Do not like the fact he is 1 for 51 in wins over the last 2 years. I tried to make a case for him because he may sit a trip, I just could not do so.
10)Babyshoebuyer-This guy was pacing up a storm prior to his last. But, last out he was 3rd over and empty. From the 10 hole, I do not like him tonight.

9th
1-3
1)Gallactic Star-has been very sharp and rock solid for a long time. Last was super game as he was passed and battled back to dead heat for the win. Do not think he had anywhere to go 2 back(hard to tell without a head on).
3)Ashes to Dust-Ran a huge one last. 3rd over 3wide far turn, he just missed going the last ½ in 54.3.
Others
Timewell-obviously won at this level 2 back but was beneficiary of a dream trip. Last effort at Hoosier does not look good. It was for a 10 claimer not 6, but TM, rates the field class the same.
Western Deal-was very sharp until last where he was 2nd over and empty. A week off and the 8 hole. I will let him beat me.

Sea Biscuit
07-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Good luck Poindexter.

Poindexter
07-30-2014, 06:39 PM
thanks, the way things have been going I will need it. :lol: