PDA

View Full Version : Adios Consolation race 11 (Did you notice)

RaceTrackDaddy
07-28-2014, 11:59 AM
I thought I posted this earlier but guess I was wrong.

Has anyone ever seen a Consolation that had entrants that did not race in the elims? How about a horse that both missed the elims and was not even eligible for that stake race?

Only the Meadows will have such a Consolation Race.

Yesterday in the Adios Consolation the following horses started that did not race in the elims last week:

Avalanche Hanover (# 5)
The Lunch Pail (# 6)
and Seventh Secret (# 8).

The latter, Seventh Secret (# 8) was not even eligible to race in the Adios.

Just when you think you've seen everything, you realize that you were wrong.

Stillriledup
07-28-2014, 01:19 PM
I did see that and don't think that's ever happened. How would you like to be the owners of REAL conso horses and see strange bodies showing up in your races. If you have a fringe colt, why bother racing in the Adios vs top stock when you could just skip the week and get into the conso.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-28-2014, 01:27 PM
As bad as this was (from a fan's view) it was not the worst writing of a race by this race secretary.

Forget the horses names but he once wrote a Invite Handicap by giving the best horse the rail post in a field of 5. His logic is that this horse could not leave the gate from the inside. Horse won anyway.

The other race was on a Sunday (back in the days when the Meadows raced on weekends). It was a maiden trot with an AE Non winners $129 per start. Yes a horse with three lifetime wins was entered whose last five starts averaged $128.

This is common at the Meadows and I bet a lot more has happened during the time I left the place and went on to betting the horses online or at Wheeling Downs and I live six miles from the Meadows and about 45 miles from Wheeling Downs.

theiman
07-28-2014, 05:44 PM
I did see that and don't think that's ever happened. How would you like to be the owners of REAL conso horses and see strange bodies showing up in your races. If you have a fringe colt, why bother racing in the Adios vs top stock when you could just skip the week and get into the conso.

My understanding is that Steve Coburn called the owners of the horses not eligible, or have not raced in the Adios - COWARDS!!!!

Stillriledup
07-28-2014, 06:41 PM
My understanding is that Steve Coburn called the owners of the horses not eligible, or have not raced in the Adios - COWARDS!!!!

:D

Good one I!