PDA

View Full Version : shkspeare shaliyah

Stillriledup
07-28-2014, 05:09 AM
This is an interesting horse...he's never in a race he can win, but seems to have sneaky run vs much better, he's a huge longshot in all his races. He's a consistent mid 70s Beyer fig horse, but isn't a terrible horse, he's just overmatched. One of these days he might light up the board, he ran July 27th at Monmouth in the Oceanport Stakes and beat one horse to the wire, but he had some run late, he was running on, just outclassed.

One of these days he may shock the world......hopefully i don't run out of money before that happens. :D

classhandicapper
07-28-2014, 09:47 AM
I was a huge Shakespeare fan. I caught SS when he broke his maiden and then again next time out. After that he was constantly WAY over his head. I'm not sure what the trainer was thinking, but he wasted a ton of starts, just like he did again on Saturday. It can't be good for a horse's development to get his butt kicked on a regular basis for no good reason. But once they have records like this, they become shaky propositions even when they get dropped. I wish they would make him eligible to be claimed so someone else could take him and try to turn him around.

brivolta
07-28-2014, 12:29 PM
I was a huge Shakespeare fan. I caught SS when he broke his maiden and then again next time out. After that he was constantly WAY over his head. I'm not sure what the trainer was thinking, but he wasted a ton of starts, just like he did again on Saturday. It can't be good for a horse's development to get his butt kicked on a regular basis for no good reason. But once they have records like this, they become shaky propositions even when they get dropped. I wish they would make him eligible to be claimed so someone else could take him and try to turn him around.

Claimed Shakesperean Dream last start at Arlington for maiden 25. We have her back in for maiden 50 Thursday.

classhandicapper
07-28-2014, 12:38 PM
Claimed Shakesperean Dream last start at Arlington for maiden 25. We have her back in for maiden 50 Thursday.

It was nice that she didn't win that photo last out. Now you still have a chance to win a maiden with her. Couple of toughies in there, but she should run! Best of luck!

brivolta
07-28-2014, 12:49 PM
It was nice that she didn't win that photo last out. Now you still have a chance to win a maiden with her. Couple of toughies in there, but she should run! Best of luck!

I was riding the 9 horse from my couch and praying for the finish line lol. Thanks!

Stillriledup
07-28-2014, 01:36 PM
I was riding the 9 horse from my couch and praying for the finish line lol. Thanks!

One of the best feelings in the world claiming a maiden, having the horse race well and keep that condition. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
07-28-2014, 01:38 PM

I know what you're saying, if this horse drops to a realistic level and is 8-5, he's not a good pick....he would be a better pick if he dropped just a little bit and still went off 15-1...i'd rather take my chances with a smaller class drop than a huge drop...because if you're right, and you might be, he's just going to go around in the circle and finish behind horses like he's been trained to do.