PDA

View Full Version : R8 Del Mar G1 Bing Crosby

Lemon Drop Husker
07-27-2014, 07:43 PM
WOW! What an absolute beast of a 6F race on the poly at Del Mar.

While it may only be 7 entrants, it is a fantastic field.

The :8: Wine Police has scratched.

You can honestly make a case for every horse in here, even the :1: who's only win on the track and surface was on the rail in what is likely his best race of his career.

The :3: Declassify is where I'm landing in here with the Mike Smith/Bob Baffert connections and the solid work at Del Mar rolling in here after a G1 win last out.

The :6: Big Macher: is really set up for this one. He is training lights out on this track and is coming in as form ready as he has ever been. Even against this top notch field, if he is to win a G1, this is his spot in which he needs to make it happen.

The :5: Seeking the Sherif is 6 for 8 lifetime. Unfortunately, the lack of class is a huge question in here. Can he really move up from open claiming NX races to win a G1? He has beat the :3: , but I'm just not sure his class is good enough to win this thing wire to wire like all his other wins have come.

:2: Goldencents: If this is any indication of how strong this field is, my 4th horse I bring up is the defending BC Mile Champion who is coming off a 2nd place finish by 1 length to the best horse in training right now in Palace Malice. And this horse is training lights out. :34.1 for 3 furlongs just a couple of days ago. He may just be ready to wire this field even at a distance which isn't his best. But with a M/L of 8/5 which I believe will actually go down, I have to bet against what I see as a giant underlay.

WP: :3:
EX: :3: :6: with :3: :5: :6:
TRI: :3: :5: :6: with :3: :5: :6: with :2: :3: :5: :6: :7:

Speed Figure
07-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Goldencents does look tough in this race, but is seriously over bet!

Some_One
07-27-2014, 08:25 PM
:5: w :2: :3: :6:

Tee
07-27-2014, 08:41 PM
:7: Kobe's Back for a slice?

:2: Goldencents does look to be in a good spot.

Let's see :6: Big Macher take back just a touch if he is able, might put him in the mix late.

cutchemist42
07-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Love the result of the 6, thought Big Macher ran a great race in his last start while inbetween horses and figured he'd get something easier this time.

Also, not red-boarding incase anyone cares....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1685360&postcount=67

Lemon Drop Husker
07-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Not redboarding, but did make a late change to WP wager on the :6: Big Macher.

Outstanding race and congrats to the connections for their patience in getting this guy a huge score over a great field.

Stillriledup
07-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Its ok to redboard. If you pick a winner and make some money, its ok to talk about it...we all pick winners from time to time and when one of us wins, we're happy for that person...so yeah, if you made some money, its ok to talk about it. :ThmbUp: