PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga: Sunday, July 27

Teach
07-27-2014, 12:55 PM
Race One:

Short field, 7 furlongs on main track. I’m leaning toward :2: Amy’s Image. Solid wet-track breeding: Storm Cat, Tiznow. Dynamic Duo: “Johnny V.” and Todd Pletcher. Sharp recent workout. Others: :1: Sunday Sonnet; :5: Just Too Perfect.

Race Two:

Mile and an eighth on the main. My pick is :7: Love The Breeding.
Should handle a wet track. Will be closing. Recently claimed. Trainer Danny Gargan is good with winners of last race. Recent solid work. Angel Arroyo in the irons. Others: :3: Jane’s Heir; :8: Edie; :2: Electro Peg.

Race Three:

6 Furlong Maiden-special. My top choice is :6: Hopefaithjoy. There’s that Dynamic Duo (getting trite), again, John Velazquez and Todd Pletcher. They’ve been as hot as a petardo. Solid wet-track pedigree.
Others: :8: On Oaks Day; :4: Curalina; :2: Skipalute.

Race Four:

Mile and one-eighth. Main. :12: Lunar Rover is my pick. Should get distance. Herded out in last. With cleaner trip. Shaun Bridgmohan for “Jimmy Bond”. Might find the going better from outside post. Others: :1a: Aslan; :4: De Facto; :7: Penobscot.

Race Five:

Mile and one-eighth. Main. My choice: :13: Lotsa Noodles. This MTO draws in and can make the most of it. Owned and trained by Steve Klesaris. This Touch Gold-bred mare has won three times and finished second once in four wet-track attempts. Not too shabby. Others: :14: Darnley Bay, :8: Allie Sweet; :4: Swakopmund.

Race Six:

7 Furlong Allowance. :5: Dyker Beach looks like the horse to beat. Turning back should help. Three seconds in five wet-track tries. Corey Lanerie for David Jacobson. Others: :3: Mack Miller; :7: Alysaro; :8: Howl.

Race Seven:

7 Furlongs, Main. My pick is :13: Mr. Rico is Valid. The Citidancer-bred filly tried the grass last time but to no avail. The time before that she won on the main at six panels. Can prevail here. Will benefit from outside starting post. Joel Rosario for Gary Gullo. Others: :9: Eurokay by Me, :7: Sultry Warrior; :2: Lemon and Honey.

Race Eight:

7 Furlong optional claimer. I’m giving my nod to a longshot try, :4: Cozzetti. One of the lineage factors that impresses me is: Lemon Drop Kid. I like horses on off tracks that are Lemon Drop Kid progeny. The horse has hit the tote in both his turf tries. :1a: Ground Force; :6: Perilous Indian; :3: Slan Abhaile.

Race Nine:

The Grade III Shuvee at a mile and one-eighth. My choice: :3: Antipathy. The Seattle Slew-bred filly has hit the tote in her last seven starts. She was third by a neck in the Ogden Phipps. She should benefit from the off-going, a win and a second in two wet-track tries. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for Kiaran McLaughlin. Others: :2: Flashy American; :5: Stanwyck; :4: Unlimited Budget.

Race Ten:

In the finale, a turf route that’s being run on the main, I like: :7: Canal Six. The Noble Causeway-bred filly should handle the wet track. May provide value; has hit the tote in all four of her starts. Others: :5: Lucky Nancy; :4: Milkyyourway; :9: Chrysolite