PDA

View Full Version : Blown Call?

pandy
07-26-2014, 11:31 PM
I wonder what Tetrick thinks about Ake's drive. I thought the judges blew the call. That was clearly interference. He pulled late and directly into Mister Herbie's path forcing him to check. This was a tactical mistake by Ake, he should have pulled sooner, Creatine had obviously been used too hard leaving. Tetrick out foxed him but the judges let Ake off the hook.

Stillriledup
07-27-2014, 02:27 AM
I think that the interference didn't cost the horse who got bothered the win, that's probably why there was no change.

pandy
07-27-2014, 07:38 AM
It may have cost him the win, that's the point. Tetrick was about to brush to the lead when he got cut off. This was clearly interference. Once a horse is lapped onto you, you can't pull in front of it. Tetrick had to take up hard, believe me, that was interference.

mrroyboy
07-27-2014, 02:44 PM
I think so too. But the judges make good decisions and bad decisions. We have to live with it.

Stillriledup
07-27-2014, 04:47 PM
It may have cost him the win, that's the point. Tetrick was about to brush to the lead when he got cut off. This was clearly interference. Once a horse is lapped onto you, you can't pull in front of it. Tetrick had to take up hard, believe me, that was interference.

Did the winner win by 10?

Sea Biscuit
07-27-2014, 05:36 PM
I wonder what Tetrick thinks about Ake's drive. I thought the judges blew the call. That was clearly interference. He pulled late and directly into Mister Herbie's path forcing him to check. This was a tactical mistake by Ake, he should have pulled sooner, Creatine had obviously been used too hard leaving. Tetrick out foxed him but the judges let Ake off the hook.

Are you implying that the Judges at The Meadowlands don't know how to do their jobs?

If Tetrick had been fouled in any way he would have lodged an objection with the judges which of course he didn't.

imofe
07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
To be honest, I thought there was more interference when Tetrick pulled late on He's Watching and I had a bet on Menary's horse that day. These late pulls seem to be almost commonplace now.

cmp92
07-27-2014, 07:14 PM
I would agree that Ake cut it way too close there. If Tetrick would have broke I could see the judges doing something. I'm not sure why he waits so long to pull the pocket, this really isn't the first time he's done something like this. You can see in the replay that he's checking over his shoulder several times in the opening turn and down the backstretch. It looks like he is almost daring Tetrick to pull. Is he gaining some sort of tactical edge doing this?

The Bit
07-27-2014, 07:44 PM
They've been allowing this more and more.

But considering Tetricks' stiff jobs on Market Share and Androvette, he deserved every bit of interference he got.

Stillriledup
07-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Are you implying that the Judges at The Meadowlands don't know how to do their jobs?

If Tetrick had been fouled in any way he would have lodged an objection with the judges which of course he didn't.

I don't think ive ever seen a harness racing objection. I'm sure they have happened, but its a very rare instance when a driver objects against another.

pandy
07-28-2014, 10:26 AM
I don't think ive ever seen a harness racing objection. I'm sure they have happened, but its a very rare instance when a driver objects against another.

I believe objections are allowed but I can't remember seeing one either. Of course, in this case there was an inquiry, so an objection is not needed.

Ray2000
07-28-2014, 11:28 AM
He's been hit with a $300 fine on July 4
http://horsemen.ustrotting.com/pdf/rulings/rulings-20140711.pdf

and a cheap $100 for fail to drive
http://horsemen.ustrotting.com/pdf/rulings/rulings-20140725.pdf

This will cost him but I'll bet he can afford it :)

Check fines next Monday

Stillriledup
07-28-2014, 01:45 PM
I believe objections are allowed but I can't remember seeing one either. Of course, in this case there was an inquiry, so an objection is not needed.

They should fine or suspend drivers who do NOT object if there ends up being a DQ due to interference.

cmp92
07-28-2014, 04:23 PM
He's been hit with a $300 fine on July 4
http://horsemen.ustrotting.com/pdf/rulings/rulings-20140711.pdf

and a cheap $100 for fail to drive
http://horsemen.ustrotting.com/pdf/rulings/rulings-20140725.pdf

This will cost him but I'll bet he can afford it :)

Check fines next Monday
Appreciate those links, I like checking out who got suspended or fined.

imofe
08-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Here is another rule they have really eased up on. Pylon violations. Amped Up clearly inside turning for home and wins less than a length. No inquiry.

Stillriledup
08-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Here is another rule they have really eased up on. Pylon violations. Amped Up clearly inside turning for home and wins less than a length. No inquiry.

You can go inside pylons if you arent "gaining an advantage". Its always been that way. They dont consider the shorter distance traveled an advantage, you have to be maneuvering your horse and attempting to pass another rival on the inside in order to be flagged.

imofe
08-02-2014, 06:19 PM
Then why not just run your horse completely inside the pylons if you are on the lead? As long as distance traveled is not a factor.

imofe
08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Here is a perfect example. Would Gingras have come down in the last race if the horse did the same exact thing on the lead?

imofe
08-17-2014, 03:45 PM
You can go inside pylons if you arent "gaining an advantage". Its always been that way. They dont consider the shorter distance traveled an advantage, you have to be maneuvering your horse and attempting to pass another rival on the inside in order to be flagged.

For those that think you can not come down for cutting a pylon on the lead while turning for home, watch the replay of the 6th at Tioga. Sumatra taken down for exactly what Gingras did with Amped Up when there was not even an inquiry on Hambo Day.

Sea Biscuit
08-17-2014, 09:35 PM
For those that think you can not come down for cutting a pylon on the lead while turning for home, watch the replay of the 6th at Tioga. Sumatra taken down for exactly what Gingras did with Amped Up when there was not even an inquiry on Hambo Day.

Sat Aug 16 Mohawk

Watch this replay where Gingras was taken down and place last after he won the race with Donau at 7-1

Infraction: Going through 3 consecutive pylons in deep stretch.

http://bcove.me/y7s50nji

imofe
08-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Biscuit,

I feel sorry for the guy who had a P3 or P4 to this horse. The payouts were huge. But he certainly should have come down in my opinion.

baconswitchfarm
08-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Sat Aug 16 Mohawk

Watch this replay where Gingras was taken down and place last after he won the race with Donau at 7-1

I had a $20 exacta that was paying $102 . It's just frustrating when this is a never ending problem that could be fixed in 5 seconds.

imofe
08-18-2014, 12:11 AM
Bacon,

What would you suggest as the solution? Open stretch at Big M and Mohawk.This would really help.

baconswitchfarm
08-18-2014, 12:41 AM
[QUOTE=imofe]Bacon,

What would you suggest as the solution? Open stretch at Big M and Mohawk.This would really help.[/QU

The fine should be 5k first offense for going inside 2 cones at any major track. Pylon violations would be reduced 99% on month 1. The hub rail was taken down for the very rare occurrence when someone went over it. Today there is no consequence. That is why it happens every day at every track. Since we can't simulate the threat of death like the hub rail, financial pain will have to do.

For all the doubters, get one track to try it and watch the results. This will also work for all the moving over in the stretch for your friends that happens at both tracks. Inside passing of leaders will be reduced 99% as well.

Stillriledup
08-18-2014, 03:47 AM
Sat Aug 16 Mohawk

I didnt see the head on, but it appears that this track has a passing lane. It also appeared that Campbell interfered with this horse when he was coming up the rail which essentially forced the guy off the course.

Did i see that right?

edit: now it looks like there's no passing lane, i watched it again, there was a gap in pylons right where the passing lane would be so that kind of threw me off the first time i saw the tape.

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2014, 08:28 AM
I didnt see the head on, but it appears that this track has a passing lane. It also appeared that Campbell interfered with this horse when he was coming up the rail which essentially forced the guy off the course.

Did i see that right?

edit: now it looks like there's no passing lane, i watched it again, there was a gap in pylons right where the passing lane would be so that kind of threw me off the first time i saw the tape.

They showed the head-on footage after the race and he tried to squeeze in through the rail and he did go over 3 consequtive pylons.