PDA

View Full Version : R8 Del Mar G2 San Diego Handicap

Lemon Drop Husker
07-26-2014, 07:46 PM
1 Mile and 1/16th race for a $200k purse. The 6 and 8 have scratched.

The :3: Frac Daddy is a monster on the fake stuff winning 3 of 4 and has won 2 Graded Stakes races on this surface. Cuts back in distance after that 1 length loss and will likely be the deserving favorite.

:11: Fed Biz is coming off a big layoff after his Breeder's Cup race last November. He is 2 for 3 on poly, and the 8 to 9 panel distance is right in his wheelhouse. Also have to love the works this guy has been putting in.

In the end, I'm going with the :5: You Know I Know who is rounding into form and likely looking towards that extra 1/16th on the poly. At 12/1 or better he is a sure fire play.

EX: :5: :11: over :3: :5: :11:
Tri: :3: :5: :11: with :3: :5: :11: with :2: :3: :4: :5: :10: :11:
WP: :5:

Ocala Mike
07-26-2014, 08:25 PM
I'll try the :4: W/P, and a :4: / :5: exacta box. Scratched yesterday for this instead.

Some_One
07-26-2014, 08:30 PM
:4: :2: w :2: :4: :9: :11:

Tee
07-26-2014, 08:43 PM
Let's see how ready :11: Fed Biz is today.

elhelmete
07-26-2014, 08:46 PM
:3: / :2: :4: / :2: :4: :11:

tri

Lemon Drop Husker
07-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Thank goodness for the Superfecta! :jump:

Lemon Drop Husker
07-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Let's see how ready :11: Fed Biz is today.

A new track record says he was ready. :eek:

Stillriledup
07-27-2014, 04:33 AM
Very oddly run race. Talamo and Smith made no attempt to get the lead, they broke with both their horses in hand like this was a mile and a half race on a closing track and the guy on the 11 had the lead before the first turn. Not sure what Talamo and or Smith were doing, neither guy seemed interested.

Dark Horse
07-27-2014, 06:37 AM
Very oddly run race. Talamo and Smith made no attempt to get the lead, they broke with both their horses in hand like this was a mile and a half race on a closing track and the guy on the 11 had the lead before the first turn. Not sure what Talamo and or Smith were doing, neither guy seemed interested.

When Fed Biz changed leads into the first turn he cut into Smith's path on Soi Phet. Not sure if there was contact, but it was close. Smith can get very protective of his rides, always looking out for the horse first, and with the carnage going on at DMR who could blame him for calling it a day (I think he was done after this race)? I don't know if that is what happened, but it wouldn't be the first time with Smith.

Fed Biz rode the rail bias all the way; that bias may explain why Garcia didn't give Smith the rail. (Reminded me of Smith's first ride on Game on Dude, another Baffert horse that came over sharply from the outside, because he absolutely needed the lead into the turn). Talamo did have a late run with Frac Daddy, but like so many late runs on this poly it died in good intentions. Note that he never rode the rail.

How many breakdowns before riders are affected by it? I think I remember a breakdown at SA earlier this year, with Smith on board, after which he couldn't win a race for what seemed like an eternity.