PDA

View Full Version : Turf sprints at Monmouth?

Clocker
07-26-2014, 03:01 PM
Since about early June, 5 1/2 F races on the turf at Monmouth have an asterisk indicating an "about" distance, and have no times in the PPs for the splits. Anyone know what is going on?

Tom
07-26-2014, 03:18 PM
The final times look suspicious to me as well.
I am not betting anymore of them.
If you can't be bothered to time fractions of ALL your races, you are strictly a minor league track. Even Finger Lakes figure out timing races.

Clocker
07-26-2014, 03:43 PM
I just looked up a chart for a race on July 19. It says:

"About Five And One Half Furlongs On The Turf - Originally Scheduled For 5 1/2 Furlongs On Turf"

It also says Run up 0 feet, temp rail 12 feet.

The 5th race today says 5 1/2 on the turf, nothing about an "about" distance in the PPs. But the chart for that race is done, and says the same thing as above, "About..." and "Originally scheduled..."

Tom
07-26-2014, 04:42 PM
.....and, with no internal fractions timed, BRIS has E1, E2, LP ratings for the races.

Who is the figure maker at BRIS......Karmack?
There are some very huge differences between BRIS speed figs and Beys today, at Saratoga and at Monmouth. The BRIS figs make no sense.

therussmeister
07-26-2014, 05:01 PM
BRIS has always had pace figures for races without fractional times. I personally think they work better than not having pace figures at all. So however they do it, it kinda works.

Tom
07-26-2014, 05:23 PM
If they do not time the races, how can the pace figures be anything but made up?