PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 7/25 thoughts

letswastemoney
07-24-2014, 11:29 PM
Race 1 - :6: Untiltherewasyou (15/1) is a sibling to three different dirt sprinters that earned at least $200k or better in their careers. I know this is a Big Brown filly, but hey Big Brown won the Derby on dirt. :5: Vision of Mine and :7: Silver Union must be considered too.

Race 2 - It will be an interesting duel between :5: Shaunna Alexandra (7/2) and :6: Violet Hour (3/1). Both must be used.
But, throw in :1: Appearance (8/1), who makes her second start for owner Mike Repole, and :2: My Place (4/1) just in case.

Race 3 - A near impossible turf marathon. For those that like the "filly vs. males" angle, there is a filly in this race named Clearbrook.
If you forced me to pick, then :4: Saffron Hall (3/1). But, I can understand using the "all" button.

Race 4 - Why is :7: Dan's Gold 12/1? Speed figures are fast enough. The other ones to watch are :3: Jeter (4/1), :4: Indy Tune (6/1) and :5: Leilani's Ticket (10/1)

Race 5 - A 5 1/2 F turf sprint...sigh...

I'll chalk out and go with :9: Animal Style (2/1)

Race 6 - This race is a lot more difficult than how it first appeared on BRIS...initially I thought :3: Qualify (5/2) would win. After looking at TimeformUS, I don't know anymore. :1a: Code West (3/1) has the best recent figures, but in my mind, I can understand going "all."

Race 7 - :10: Everything Matters (8/1) has some solid TimeformUS speed figures. :3: Hope Cross (3/1) has good connections. :5: Rapid Repair (5/1) is a sibling to Kitten's Point and probably deserves one more shot to prove himself on turf.

Race 8 - :6: M J Plus (4/1) switches to David Jacobson and almost defeated Cousin Stephen two starts back. The other ones to consider are :2: Writingonthewall (5/1), :8: Non Stop (10/1) and :9: Bug Juice (3/1).

Race 9 - The two horses to have scored at least 100 on TimeformUS last time are :3: Protonico (3/1) and :10: Life In Shambles (6/1). Use both, and for a bomb, maybe consider whether :2: Viva Majorca (12/1) moves up in the switch from a sprint to route. Remember, his sire Tiago was a multiple graded stakes winner at route distances.

Race 10 - :7: Forensic (3/1), daughter of Criminologist, gets to break her maiden here. :9: Fresh Feline (12/1) will improve a lot switching to a route. :1a: Upstaged (8/1) has McLaughlin as her trainer and gets Jose Lezcano to ride for this turf race.