PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 07/24 finale (DQ or not?)

Trips
07-24-2014, 10:50 PM
How is the winner #8 not DQ'ed. He pretty much wipes the #4 out around the first turn. I understand that the winner was best and some prefer basically no DQ's, but this was pretty bad.

Tara73
07-25-2014, 12:22 AM
I thought there was going to be a disqualification. The Stewards may have justified the decision because there was no actual contact. Not saying it was the right decision.

Milkshaker
07-25-2014, 01:28 AM
My enjoyment of this board would be much enhanced if I could filter out any discussions that float an ambiguous title ("Saratoga 7/24 finale") but go into a rant about DQ's or non-DQ's.

Trips
07-25-2014, 02:21 AM
My enjoyment of this board would be much enhanced if I could filter out any discussions that float an ambiguous title ("Saratoga 7/24 finale") but go into a rant about DQ's or non-DQ's.
Apologies for the weak title. You have enlightened me as to what is considered a rant, so i thank you.
Silly me, i thought i was making an observation though.
Think i'll stick with reviewing replays and leave the posting alone.:)
Cheers

BIG49010
07-25-2014, 07:38 AM
You used to see more DQ's at the start and during the running of the race, now it seems to be concentrated on the last 1/8th of mile. I thought the horse should be taken down, the :4: was I believe the Little Guys pick in the race, it will be interesting if he comments.

burnsy
07-25-2014, 08:19 AM
Apologies for the weak title. You have enlightened me as to what is considered a rant, so i thank you.
Silly me, i thought i was making an observation though.
Think i'll stick with reviewing replays and leave the posting alone.:)
Cheers

Why apologize? Anyone that saw this race (7/24, finale), knows it was controversial. How could you not know what this thread would be about?....after the race? This is one you could not miss, even if you never saw a horse race. It didn't affect me other than shaking my head wondering how many times my horses have been taken down for far less than that. You didn't rant. I'll do it for you.........That call sucked ass. Wait until there's some tick, tacky call at the finish line...with these "stewards"? it will happen. Yet this horse takes at least 6 to 8 lanes from the another horse? forcing him wide to the Dunkin Donuts stand....on a turn??? Unbelievable. After seeing that, there should be no take downs. The way its ruled on is arbitrary and pretty much a sad joke, and I didn't even bet the race. I feel bad for those that did. How could you not know what the original poster was going to say?:bang: You are either blind, or did not see this race. You must of been drinking with the stewards...........:lol: Put it this way....I knew someone would mention this, before I got home.

Tom
07-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Hey, he got the race right.....where else would you talk about DQs - ESPN on the MLB page?

aaron
07-25-2014, 11:12 AM
That makes a least 2 controversial horses left up. There was one Saturday. As i have said with the stewards you just have to be lucky. For the most part,they are inconsistent and are not bettors. Calls would probably be more consistent if a bettor was one of the stewards.

cj
07-25-2014, 12:13 PM
That makes a least 2 controversial horses left up. There was one Saturday. As i have said with the stewards you just have to be lucky. For the most part,they are inconsistent and are not bettors. Calls would probably be more consistent if a bettor was one of the stewards.

The "Steward's Corner" on the NYRA site is a joke too. They tell you nothing you didn't already know. Here is an example.

http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stewards/?RaceDate=7%2f19%2f2014

aaron
07-25-2014, 12:19 PM
The "Steward's Corner" on the NYRA site is a joke too. They tell you nothing you didn't already know. Here is an example.

http://www.nyra.com/saratoga/stewards/?RaceDate=7%2f19%2f2014
Agree,there should have been an explanation of why there was no DQ in those instances being discussed. When it is a close call either way,there should be an explanation.Sometimes,I don't think the stewards realize people are betting money.

burnsy
07-25-2014, 01:13 PM

Way worse than Saturday. The horse blew the turn and took another horse with it. There's no possible explanation. If you watched the recap NYRA show (on Cap. OTB) Mig had some diplomatic comments but you can tell he could not believe that horse didn't come down. It was said in a way as much as they would probably allow him. He was a jockey not some chump on the internet that just lost.
I didn't bet it....I can't believe it....after some of the crap I've seen called before. The offended horse was just running along and got taken out. How do you explain that away? I could care less about the posted finish or results. Where's the logic? Hold your breath the rest of the meet. If they hear enough about this....you will see some knee jerk reaction calls and some bad calls the other way. You can tell I've been betting here before. ;) Unfortunately, with calls like this, it can (most likely) only get worse. The horse pretty much did what it wanted to......at someone else's expense. Which comes at the expense of everyone that backed that horse.

Stillriledup
07-25-2014, 03:19 PM
I think the logic is that the horse who was bothered was nowhere. I know that people who bet that horse don't care they want justice, but if you get bothered, you gotta be close to a board spot for any action to be taken. Good leave up.

RXB
07-25-2014, 03:21 PM
The :2: at 22/1 gets taken down in a terrible decision. The stewards should have to pay out of their own pockets to compensate the people who bet that horse plus the jockey/trainer/owner.

Stillriledup
07-25-2014, 03:36 PM
The :2: at 22/1 gets taken down in a terrible decision. The stewards should have to pay out of their own pockets to compensate the people who bet that horse plus the jockey/trainer/owner.

Absolutely horrendous call. One of the worst DQs ive seen in a really long time.

DelMarJay
07-26-2014, 07:55 AM
That call sucked ass. Wait until there's some tick, tacky call at the finish line...with these "stewards"? it will happen. Yet this horse takes at least 6 to 8 lanes from the another horse? forcing him wide to the Dunkin Donuts stand....on a turn??? Unbelievable. After seeing that, there should be no take downs. The way its ruled on is arbitrary and pretty much a sad joke, and I didn't even bet the race. .

Can't really be said better than this!