PDA

View Full Version : Balmoral late pick 4 for Wedensday 7/23

Poindexter
07-23-2014, 02:24 PM
record to date 2 plays, 0 cashes, -$200.

Horses are mentioned in post position order not order of preference.

6th) 4-5-7

4) Western Cowgirl-seems on the improve. Nice backstretch brush in last. Made a break midstretch last out. Cant gauge for sure how she would have finished if she stayed on stride, but I think there is a chance she would have held on to win, and I think worse case scenario would have been 3rd beaten 2.
5) Get the Terror, Earned a nice figure on my numbers last out 3rd over making up over 6 lengths into at 57.1 last ½. The effort was less impressive visually. Still she closed the last ½ in 56 flat, is on the improve and is a big factor in here.
7) Boxed Chocolates-Has some very dominant Trackmaster figures coming out of races against much better and I assume she will be pretty heavy chalk in here. That being said he is in the 7 hole and 2 of those figures were earned chasing better(sometimes a horse runs faster chasing better than they can when not) and the other race she had this year was wire to wire in the slop. Hardly will be a shock if she wins in here, but I think the other 2 have a chance to beat her and if she is odds on I will try to beat her.

7th Race
4-8

These 2 come out of the same race 7/13. Vals Way sat the 3hole was first over far turn and no match for Meet Me Tonight who came home the last ½ in 56.4, the last ¼ in 27.3. That being said, Meet me Tonight is now in the 8 hole, may not get away with such easy early fractions, and perhaps Vals Way can turn the tables.

Of the rest, Hopefilly won impressively vs much weaker, and the rest of the talent in this field is drawn in the 9 and 10 hole. 9 Gets a negative driver switch to go along with the negative post switch. The 10 Joyful Game actually has a few efforts at Maywood that would make her a major player in here. That being said she is drawn outside and his last race looks woeful. She had trouble(rough gaited prior to the start and broke about two lengths behind the gate, was 3rd over, blind switched and backed up pretty badly, but when clear top of the lane, was hard driven going backward. I will not use her in my pick 4, but if she comes up a live item on the board I will use her when betting the race.

8th

1-2

Western Boudoir Ran a nice won 2 back leaving and outclosing very sharp Satin Slayer. Broke stride last out. That figure(2 back) makes her best and if she can get a similar trip will be tough to beat. I think she is best when sitting the pocket rather than being in front or overland.

Willfullyscootneva-Left out in 27.2 got shuffled to the 3 h came 3rd over far turn swung in down the land and closed solid enough. She was basically asked to out finish horses after she was used early and they were not. Solid effort.

Of the others
Blue Gem-has raced well last 2. Do not think she is quite as good as the top 2 however.
BabyShoeBuyer-continues to race well and does figure for a big look in here, but think she has her work cut out from the 9 hole and do not expect much of a price anyhow. I will let her beat me.
Lovers Holiday-An interesting longshot. She takes way back and often closes ground into some very fast last ½’s earning decent figures relative to these. She needs things to go her way, like 2nd over good cover into a very overpaced race, but one day I think she will pop up at a big price. For now she makes a good Tri and Super filler.

9th race
1-2-3-5-7
#1 Fox Valley Ivan-Has been outside the last 2 starts. Last start he was wide early and used hard to make the top. Caught a bad break when longshot Yermanos brushed to the top and then stopped in his face in the lane, by the time he had any clearance the race was over for him. Draw a line through the race. Prior race was solid, used hard in a 27.3 1st quarter relinquished control to the chalk(Dots Big Boy the #3 in here) sat the pocket thereafter and closed well enough. Doesn’t stack up as good as the 2-3-7 on numbers but with the right trip he can get there at what I assume will be a fairly generous price.

#2 Put to the Test. Had a PERFECT trip and took full advantage 2nd over live cover with longshot Yermanos on the lead(after an overpaced 1st half). Figures for last 3 are very solid for this level and must be used. 2 back he rail road was clear and came home evenly.

#3 Dots Big Boy-Missed a week and new barn(barn is 4% winners in 26 starts but a good in the money % from a small sample). Delong stays along and I assume he will Brush to the top much like he did in his last out. Last was really a fairly good trip despite the 56.2 1st half as he brushed in the slow portion of the 1st half. Should not have been bet as 4/5 favorite. Prior race was very strong vs cheaper. I respect him and will use him in the pick 4 but if he gets over bet will try to beat him.

#5 Jitterbug Jack-Absolutely no excuse in last other than he was 1st over(some horse just are ineffective going first over). Going to toss him in as he had tough post positions and prior 3 races earning good enough figures and was racing well prior to that.

#7 Ld’s Dash-Ended up with a pretty good trip in last and responded well with a nice close. Wide early he tucked in the 4h rail road, but was able to come out to the 2 path late far turn as horses swung wide and was able to find a nice seam. His prior race was good as well as he was parked the first quarter 2nd over, tucked the 2 h, then shuff 3h, was full of pace with nowhere to race weaving all over the place. He is sharp and with the right trip can get there.

$60 total pick 4 play. Good Luck.