PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get to Saratoga?

Dancer's Image
04-27-2004, 08:08 PM
Some guy offered me free tickets to Saratoga this summer. I hate crowds, I hate travelling, but I think this may be too good to miss. I told him I would go on Wed-Thurs to avoid the crowds. I've never been to Saratoga and would appreciate any advice on trsvelling there, starting with, what's the closest airport? Thanks, DI

Tom
04-27-2004, 08:26 PM
Albany airport is closest-maybe a hour drive away. Head north on 81 and you can't miss it. Don't leave without trying the water from the fountain. It is unforgetable.
And, I highly recommend the red chowder. First floor grandstand, by the 16th pole.

Roger
04-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Closest commercial airport is Albany International, which is approximately 28 miles south of Saratoga Springs N.Y.

At airport, get on I87 North, follow signs for Saratoga Springs.
(appx 28 miles) Very easy!! I87 is right outside the airport, very easy access. About a twenty minute ride, depending on traffic.
You will love it!!!

Dancer's Image
04-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Thanks Tom and Roger...for some strange reason, (probably because my benefactor lives in Syracuse), I thought it was on the west side of the state. Thank God for mapquest!
Now, drink water from a fountain? what's that all about? here in Las Vegas, we don't drink any water that doesn't come out of a bottle(yeah, I know it's just tap water, but it makes us feel better)
And red chowder? that's Manhattan on the Campbell's soup can(I'm a New England fan, chowder, not patriots, but I'll give it a try)

Tom
04-27-2004, 09:05 PM
I meant 187, not 81 - that is Syracuse, of course.
The water....that's the SPA part of the town-thehealing waters..sulfer water. VERY strong taste and not one you are likely to forget. I grew up on it in Clifton Springs, another "spa" nearby here. Used to be a favorite place for Hollywood and other celebs to come to dry out (NO! that is not why I was there a lot!lol).
Also have a mental hospital there-an no again, I was not a patient! lol

JustRalph
04-27-2004, 09:12 PM
Practice......Practice.....Practice.......!!!!