PDA

View Full Version : Step Aside, Colonel

Overlay
07-21-2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/report-chick-fil-a-is-bigger-than-kfc-2014-7

Chik-fil-A, which fifteen years ago accounted for 9% of the chicken-based fast-food market (compared to KFC's 40%), now leads KFC 26% to 22%, with over $5 billion in sales last year, compared to KFC's $4.2 billion.

Not bad for a business that's only open six days a week, and that has just 1,775 outlets to KFC's 4,491.

tucker6
07-21-2014, 06:45 PM
It's just better food than KFC, and has a more upscale feel to its presentation.

GaryG
07-21-2014, 07:57 PM
They hire higher quality employees as well. They are courteous, efficient and know their products.

reckless
07-21-2014, 10:17 PM
The posts before this one are all spot on, plus their corporate beliefs and family-oriented values are more in tune with mainstream America.

horses4courses
07-21-2014, 10:25 PM
The posts before this one are all spot on, plus their corporate beliefs and family-oriented values are more in tune with mainstream America.

Surely, you mean your "mainstream America"?

It's artery-clogging fried food.
But, their politics suit yours.

Heaven on a bun....... :rolleyes:

cj's dad
07-21-2014, 10:31 PM

You really are a pitiful lib ! America decides that the food is better and just maybe that the majority of Americans NOT USING FOOD STAMPS PREFER
Chik-Filet are wrong headed and misguided ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

horses4courses
07-21-2014, 10:35 PM
You really are a pitiful lib ! America decides that the food is better and just maybe that the majority of Americans NOT USING FOOD STAMPS PREFER
Chik-Filet are wrong headed and misguided ? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He turned it into a discussion beyond chicken.
Luckily, not everyone in this country agrees with him, or Chik whatever.

newtothegame
07-21-2014, 10:44 PM
He turned it into a discussion beyond chicken.
Luckily, not everyone in this country agrees with him, or Chik whatever.

You libs are too funny. When us cons or right wing talk of Comrade Obama, you all tell us in not so many words to "get over it" and it is also included about how a "majority" won.....

So in the case of Chik fil a....GET OVER IT...a majority has now decided over KFC! I believe the article stated that Chik Fil a now leads versus where they once were....

And last time I checked, religion wasn't on the menu.....:lol:

TJDave
07-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Compare Chick fil A with any fast food franchise. They trounce everyone. The fact that they beat KFC is not news. The fact that store-for-store they beat McDonald's...is.

KFC sucks. Has for a long time.

kingfin66
07-21-2014, 11:47 PM
They hire higher quality employees as well. They are courteous, efficient and know their products.

I have only been to Chick-fil-a one time and this was my impression of the store I went to. I did get a laugh when I saw the receipt after they brought the food out to our table. They write little descriptions to identify who the order belongs too.

kingfin66
07-21-2014, 11:51 PM
You libs are too funny. When us cons or right wing talk of Comrade Obama, you all tell us in not so many words to "get over it" and it is also included about how a "majority" won.....

So in the case of Chik fil a....GET OVER IT...a majority has now decided over KFC! I believe the article stated that Chik Fil a now leads versus where they once were....

And last time I checked, religion wasn't on the menu.....:lol:

I did not get the impression that he was arguing the sales numbers or the quality of the food. It looks as though his comment was in response to the political comment about family values. Why anybody decides to shop or not shop somewhere based on politics or religion is beyond me. I am not religious but have no problem at all shopping at hobby lobby or Chik-fil-a. Just wish we had some of them in my state.

JustRalph
07-22-2014, 12:13 AM
I have only been to Chick-fil-a one time and this was my impression of the store I went to. I did get a laugh when I saw the receipt after they brought the food out to our table. They write little descriptions to identify who the order belongs too.

They do that here too. I have only been a few times. Who the hell is Buddy Hackett?

Overlay
07-22-2014, 12:24 AM
They do that here too. I have only been a few times. Who the hell is Buddy Hackett?
You should have gotten up from the table and sung (and danced) "Shipoopi". :)
9Jj622vbrrU

GaryG
07-22-2014, 05:22 AM
They do that here too. I have only been a few times. Who the hell is Buddy Hackett?Mine said Leon Russell....

riskman
07-22-2014, 06:51 AM
Libs prefer Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's with creamy ranch sauce topped off with a large fries and regular soda. Meal must be government subsidized or free to get the full benefit to satisfy their thirst for
tax funded freebies. :D

kingfin66
07-22-2014, 09:19 AM

I think I was white shirt with grey hair.

JustRalph
07-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Mine said Leon Russell....

Nice! I'd be able to find you in 20 seconds :ThmbUp:

BlueShoe
07-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Have you ever tried their food? You don't have one in SLT, the nearest one is far away in Folsom. No Carl's Jr either :( :D , which I rather like. Do have a KFC, and , of course, a McD's.

The current issue of Consumer Report's lead article on fast foods also rate them very highly in several catagories. They must be doing more things right than just mere politics. Many links to the article for any interested in doing a search.

horses4courses
07-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Have you ever tried their food? You don't have one in SLT, the nearest one is far away in Folsom. No Carl's Jr either :( :D , which I rather like. Do have a KFC, and , of course, a McD's.

The current issue of Consumer Report's lead article on fast foods also rate them very highly in several catagories. They must be doing more things right than just mere politics. Many links to the article for any interested in doing a search.

We have lousy fast food here in SLT, which is probably lucky for me.
Can't remember the last time I was in either KFC or McD, but when
I go to Carson City sometimes I will have a burger at In & Out.
It's not the best of burgers, but it's good occasionally.

Never been in a Chik-Fil-A. Can't remember being near one.
If I was hungry and saw one sometime, I'd give it a try.

BlueShoe
07-22-2014, 02:53 PM
We have lousy fast food here in SLT, which is probably lucky for me.
Can't remember the last time I was in either KFC or McD, but when
I go to Carson City sometimes I will have a burger at In & Out.
It's not the best of burgers, but it's good occasionally.
Go down the street to Harrah's and try a Fatburger. Pricey for fast food, but very good. My favorite chain burger, I grab one when can afford it.

Overlay
09-08-2014, 12:52 PM
On a related note, Chik-fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy has died at age 93.

http://news.msn.com/us/chick-fil-a-founder-s-truett-cathy-has-died

dartman51
09-08-2014, 01:02 PM
The Libs must be rejoicing. The world is finally free of this evil man, that dared to bring his beliefs into HIS business. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 01:30 PM
The Libs must be rejoicing. The world is finally free of this evil man, that dared to bring his beliefs into HIS business. :rolleyes:

http://twitchy.com/2014/09/08/news-of-chick-fil-a-founders-death-brings-out-the-hate/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Bingo!

Clocker
09-08-2014, 02:44 PM
The hypocrisy is slimier than the haters say the food is. Vile rants of intolerance about a man accused of being intolerant. Lots of people hating the man and the restaurant, but gleeful at the thought that they might be open on Sundays now?

BlueShoe
09-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Libs prefer Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips from McDonald's with creamy ranch sauce topped off with a large fries and regular soda. Meal must be government subsidized or free to get the full benefit to satisfy their thirst for
Always thought that libs were quiche eaters that spent their mornings in Starbucks sipping lattes loaded with junk, and their evenings sipping wine at the latest trendy bar.

reckless
09-08-2014, 05:48 PM

At the time you wrote this reply to my post I deliberately decided to ignore it and not respond. You had made a fool of yourself in a couple of comments in previous threads toward some of my comments but I slapped you down each time and you shut up real fast.

Your comments and remarks in other subsequent threads only proved to me how stupid and low grade you truly are, but that's no surprise to me or anyone else on this fine board. You're pretty consistent in the foolishness department, I'll give you that.

I do reply today only because the founder of Chick Filet died.

And yes, horses4courses, you little fool ... I meant then and I mean now that Cathy's company and business philosophy does represent my Mainstream America.

Understand this, you little hater, that your mainstream America is different than mine, and I thank God almighty for that.

Your mainstream America is highlighted front and center by all those other haters, a-holes, freaks and clowns that share your views as well.

These degenerates and their vulgar, disrespectful manners toward his death was brought to our attention by patriot Just Ralph in the twitchy link in post 23.

cj's dad
09-08-2014, 06:01 PM

Mine had George Clooney

NJ Stinks
09-08-2014, 06:25 PM

I have no reason to rejoice or feel bad. The man lived 93 years. That's much longer than most.

For the record, I never stepped into one of his restaurants because I don't do fast food anymore unless you consider pizza from a local parlor fast food. Although it is true that once I heard about his family's views on gay marriage, I had a second reason not to go there.

Anyway, I don't have any problem with Hobby Lobby or Chic-Fil-A being down the road. I'm not giving them any of my money but that's no different than another guy not going to the racetrack because he doesn't think it's right to gamble.

PhantomOnTour
09-08-2014, 06:46 PM
I have no reason to rejoice or feel bad. The man lived 93 years. That's much longer than most.

For the record, I never stepped into one of his restaurants because I don't do fast food anymore unless you consider pizza from a local parlor fast food. Although it is true that once I heard about his family's views on gay marriage, I had a second reason not to go there.

Anyway, I don't have any problem with Hobby Lobby or Chic-Fil-A being down the road. I'm not giving them any of my money but that's no different than another guy not going to the racetrack because he doesn't think it's right to gamble.
But why even respond to this garbage NJ?
The rightie nuts on here read a tweet or post from someone, get all sensitive and offended (something they blame the left for doing all the time) and indict all lefties...same old same old.

When a famous liberal dies there will be the same nasty posts from some radical righties, and on we go again...

Zydeco
09-08-2014, 06:48 PM

I was at McDondalds last week....the guy in front of me ordered the 20 piece chicken mcNuggets....large fry and a medium coke,,,,,he turned around and said "he'll pay for it".....darn.....on the Democrat plan! But I joke :lol:

JustRalph
09-08-2014, 06:56 PM
When a famous liberal dies there will be the same nasty posts from some radical righties, and on we go again...

Damn! I missed the Ted Kennedy anniversary? :bang: :bang:

I'm guessing still sober :ThmbUp:

Mike at A+
09-08-2014, 06:58 PM
While I partially agree with this, I also believe that MOST of the vile stuff comes from the left. Especially when you look at the vile tweets of "famous" people.

PhantomOnTour
09-08-2014, 07:01 PM
While I partially agree with this, I also believe that MOST of the vile stuff comes from the left. Especially when you look at the vile tweets of "famous" people.
Well, if you believe it then it must be true, Dorothy

just click your heels

PhantomOnTour
09-08-2014, 07:04 PM

Even I can understand folks disparaging Sen Kennedy...he is responsible for the death of a young lady.

I am thinking more like Michael Moore or even George Clooney...neither of whom I'm a fan of by the way.
If Moore were to pass away the joyous reaction would probably trump anything we've seen thus far....except for Rush Limbaugh :D

TJDave
09-08-2014, 07:05 PM

August 25th, 2009. Celebrating six years of sobriety. ;)

PhantomOnTour
09-08-2014, 07:06 PM
August 25th, 2009. Celebrating six years of sobriety. ;)
That would be five years, but your joke is still hilariously funny just like all your others :ThmbUp: :rolleyes:

TJDave
09-08-2014, 09:11 PM
your joke is still hilariously funny just like all your others :ThmbUp: :rolleyes:

Thanks. It's nice to have fans.

Tom
09-08-2014, 10:30 PM
There is a difference when it is private citizen of a public figure.
Public figures, like Big Head Ted are fair game.

But, in the spirit of forgiveness, to honor Teddy's memory, I will tighten up the handles on my garbage can this week.

RIH.....Rot in Hell.

HUSKER55
09-09-2014, 07:56 AM
you guys and gals do understand that this thread started out about chicken strips...right?

Overlay
09-09-2014, 04:51 PM
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--mcdonalds-is-losing-the-happy-meal-crowd

To steer the thread back to food, Chick-fil-A has also now apparently replaced McDonald's as the chain with the most "kid appeal".

Clocker
09-09-2014, 05:07 PM
http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--mcdonalds-is-losing-the-happy-meal-crowd

To steer the thread back to food,

Always some fanatic trying to keep threads from derailing. :p

I ate at one for the first time recently, and was not impressed. The chicken sandwich was good but nothing out of the ordinary. I can make a better chicken sandwich at home. The fries, or whatever they call those round waffley things, were tasteless. I don't see a revisit in my future.

lamboguy
09-09-2014, 05:17 PM
ironic that the founder of this just died yesterday at a young 93http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/08/chick-fil-a-founder-s-truett-cathy-dies/15270625/

therussmeister
09-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Mine said Leon Russell....
I've never do much as seen a Chick-fil-a, but mine would likely say Pee Wee Hermann.

BlueShoe
09-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Always some fanatic trying to keep threads from derailing. :p.
Right, isn't highjacking a thread and going off topic what we do here on OTG? :cool: :D

reckless
09-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Even I can understand folks disparaging Sen Kennedy...he is responsible for the death of a young lady.

Mary Jo Kopechne, RIP

b.July 26, 1940 – d.July 18, 1969

Overlay
04-02-2015, 01:02 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/kfcs-parent-company-is-going-for-chick-fil-as-throat/ar-AAalzaC?ocid=mailsignout

Yum! brands (KFC's parent company) is now trying to regain control of the chicken sector of the fast-food market with its new Super Chix chain, which focuses on chicken sandwiches and other products that compete directly with items offered by Chick-fil-A.