PDA

View Full Version : 10th race Sar

green80
07-20-2014, 08:24 PM
In the 10th at Sar today, they were taking wagers on the #4, then it was showing as a scratch. The 4 ran in the race with no posted odds. What happend here? At my otb I was allowed to wager on the #4 then I was refunded after the race.

moneyandland
07-20-2014, 08:26 PM
ran for purse only after shoeing issue

BIG49010
07-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Something new in NY, they call it an equipment change

Some_One
07-20-2014, 09:01 PM
So the horse ran without a shoe?

green80
07-20-2014, 09:05 PM
without both rear shoes from what I understand.

Stillriledup
07-20-2014, 09:16 PM
If the horse runs, there should be betting....its part of handicapping, just announce there's no shoe, if you're paying attention you can factor that into your analysis.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107023&highlight=dooley

Some_One
07-20-2014, 09:20 PM
But those who've already bet her in the horizontal wagers are screwed, they might not have made the bet if they knew they would choose to run her without shoes.

Stillriledup
07-20-2014, 10:57 PM
But those who've already bet her in the horizontal wagers are screwed, they might not have made the bet if they knew they would choose to run her without shoes.

There's always danger in betting horizontals, you could have a horse come on the track soaking wet and your'e alive in the pick anythings and that's another example of a change you might make....same thing with late jock changes, horses breaking thru the gate, etc.

Some_One
07-20-2014, 11:53 PM
There's always danger in betting horizontals, you could have a horse come on the track soaking wet and your'e alive in the pick anythings and that's another example of a change you might make....same thing with late jock changes, horses breaking thru the gate, etc.

Big difference is that no human made those decisions (aside from the Jock change), that is nature taking course, in this case, someone made the decision not to run without hinds, big difference.

horses4courses
07-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Seems the shoe issue arose after the filly was going ballistic.

Racingwithbruno @Racingwithbruno · 20h
Courageous Julie going back to track being walked by handler
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
Saratoga Springs, NY
I am at paddock and this issue started when she became alarmed of crowd - Luis Saez jumped off and she reared again hitting fence
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 2 times2
More
Saratoga Springs, NY
She lost her mind going to track - reared back and struck fence - that's when shoe issue came up /
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 1 time1
More
Saratoga Springs, NY
Racingwithbruno @Racingwithbruno · 21h
Smart decision if they indeed scratch, mentally she is in a dangerous mental frame -