PDA

View Full Version : The amazing Stopchargingmaria

Stillriledup
07-20-2014, 06:11 PM
She's made a million and her fastest Beyer is an 86. If you believe in Beyer figs she's not all that special talentwise, but somehow, she wins big races and makes lots of money. Who said you have to be fast to be rich!

RunForTheRoses
07-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Yeah, Timeform had her fairly slow as well. Predicteform, the successor of equiform didn't have quite as slow but not exactly a barn burner either:

http://www.predicteform.com/Pace-Figures/Saratoga-07-20-2014-Race10
http://www.predicteform.com/Blog

he ran away with it, may have been a weak field and the 2 may not have bee at her best.

Thebigguy
07-20-2014, 07:12 PM
She's made a million and her fastest Beyer is an 86. If you believe in Beyer figs she's not all that special talentwise, but somehow, she wins big races and makes lots of money. Who said you have to be fast to be rich!

Ugh... She stinks. The 3yr old filly crop is horrible. Still have no clue why Untapable did not run in this prestigious G1 today. She will not win the Haskel and she would have been 1-9 for a G1 at Saratoga. Makes no sense to me at all.
Unbridled Forever needs a turn back or a new trainer. Her best race ever was her maiden score. She would be a total beast from off the pace in the Test.

sammy the sage
07-20-2014, 09:56 PM
Ugh... She stinks. The 3yr old filly crop is horrible. Still have no clue why Untapable did not run in this prestigious G1 today. She will not win the Haskel and she would have been 1-9 for a G1 at Saratoga. Makes no sense to me at all.
Unbridled Forever needs a turn back or a new trainer. Her best race ever was her maiden score. She would be a total beast from off the pace in the Test.

thank you for THIS...I'll tell you why later... :ThmbUp:

Thebigguy
07-21-2014, 12:11 AM
thank you for THIS...I'll tell you why later... :ThmbUp:

???

whodoyoulike
07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
I like Stopchargingmaria. The replays I've seen shows she likes to race and win.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 02:55 PM
Here's a question is you guys don't mind.

This horse was entered at Parx and scratched. Just heard Pletcher talk about why they scratched her at Parx and he talked about the track at Parx and whatnut, but there was no medical reason to have scratched, they just decided they didnt want to run on that track.

So, my question is, why enter in the first place? If you dont want to run, why are you entering?

thespaah
09-27-2014, 02:58 PM
Here's a question is you guys don't mind.

This horse was entered at Parx and scratched. Just heard Pletcher talk about why they scratched her at Parx and he talked about the track at Parx and whatnut, but there was no medical reason to have scratched, they just decided they didnt want to run on that track.

So, my question is, why enter in the first place? If you dont want to run, why are you entering?
Pletcher said she runs better off longer layoffs. He then said she thought the additional week would help.
In any event, I like her chances today. :3:

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Pletcher said she runs better off longer layoffs. He then said she thought the additional week would help.
In any event, I like her chances today. :3:

My point was that they knew this before they entered.

andtheyreoff
09-27-2014, 03:10 PM

I agree with you on this one (shocker), but I believe they were still planning on running Princess of Sylmar in the Beldame at Cotillion entry time. When the Princess was retired, they decided to send Maria to Belmont.

cj
09-27-2014, 03:10 PM

Incorrect.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Incorrect.

I just heard TAP talking on TVG about why they scratched, it wasn't medical based.

Pletcher said he was concerned about backing up to a mile and a 16th (knew the distance before they entered) he was concerned about carrying top weight (also knew what the weights were before they entered) and said that the Parx track can be quirky at times, and that is also something that he knew in advance. There was nothing said about specifically scratching because he saw the bias in the earlier races.

cj
09-27-2014, 03:19 PM
I just heard TAP talking on TVG about why they scratched, it wasn't medical based.

I never said it was medical or bias based. Still incorrect, but don't let that stop you.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 03:23 PM
I never said it was medical or bias based. Still incorrect, but don't let that stop you.

We must be talking about 2 different things.

cj
09-27-2014, 03:29 PM

I'm talking about this. I don't believe it is true. You think they were scratching for the Beldame if Princess of Sylmar hadn't been retired? I don't.

You actually believe anything Pletcher says anyway? He rarely tells the truth to the media.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 03:48 PM
I'm talking about this. I don't believe it is true. You think they were scratching for the Beldame if Princess of Sylmar hadn't been retired? I don't.

You actually believe anything Pletcher says anyway? He rarely tells the truth to the media.

No, i dont believe everything he says, but if she was sick or hurt i think he would have said that.

Maybe they entered and saw untapable and decided to not face her.

cj
09-27-2014, 03:54 PM
No, i dont believe everything he says, but if she was sick or hurt i think he would have said that.

Maybe they entered and saw untapable and decided to not face her.

Or, maybe when Princess of Sylmar was retired they would rather run in New York than Pennsylvania.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Or, maybe when Princess of Sylmar was retired they would rather run in New York than Pennsylvania.

Why would they be scared of POS when she got drubbed by Belle Gallantey and then flopped badly at the Spa? Why was she some unbeatable horse that they were running away from?

If you're scared of POS, why would they have run against BG, she's better.

cj
09-27-2014, 04:22 PM
Why would they be scared of POS when she got drubbed by Belle Gallantey and then flopped badly at the Spa? Why was she some unbeatable horse that they were running away from?

If you're scared of POS, why would they have run against BG, she's better.

Who said anything about being scared of her? Same trainer...doh.

Stillriledup
09-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Who said anything about being scared of her? Same trainer...doh.

So Mike Repole has never run a horse in a race with another Pletcher in the race owned by different people?

cj
09-27-2014, 05:04 PM
So Mike Repole has never run a horse in a race with another Pletcher in the race owned by different people?

Yes, but it was a factor. end of story.