PDA

View Full Version : Modern Family Dies After Race At Mohawk

Sea Biscuit
07-20-2014, 05:24 AM
RIP Modern Family

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Modern-Family-collapsed-and-died-in-race-paddock

outofthebox
07-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Sorry to hear this Biscuit...On another note since you follow Mohawk. Did Sebastian wear shoes in that quagmire? I saw that he waa bare footed in his previous races..

Sea Biscuit
07-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Sorry to hear this Biscuit...On another note since you follow Mohawk. Did Sebastian wear shoes in that quagmire? I saw that he waa bare footed in his previous races..

There was nothing in the 'CHANGES' to indicate that Sebas was wearing shoes in the race.

On that off track the front end was not the place to be last night. Sebas tried to overcome the bias but lost the photo to Intimidate.

Drivers should pay heed to the track biases specially when its an off track as the races are progressing. It could just make the difference between winning the race or coming 2nd or 3rd or even worse.

For example in the 10th race even though I didn't bet him at the odds he was offering, I figured that Sudoku with Jamieson aboard had a good chance to win the race as his horse was a good closer having won his last two races from off the pace. As the race progressed, I saw Jody battling another horse My Secret Belle for the lead :bang:totally oblivious of the bias that night. He came 3rd by 1/2 length to a 68-1 and a 20-1 shot and the exacta paid $1500 plus. Had Jamieson brought his horse from off the pace, he would probably have won the race by 2 or more lengths.

Watch this replay

http://www.woodbineentertainment.com/Woodbine/Video/Pages/StandardbredVideos.aspx?bcpid=90870914001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAADkqtiUk~,dxTzKbxPUTuMmLHagEvNhvQ73V j4gcbk&bclid=84711328001&bctid=3685571057001

cmp92
07-20-2014, 12:41 PM
I was there, Sebastian K did not wear shoes.

outofthebox
07-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I had just turned on the Mohawk site and had no knowledge of how the track was playing. Thought Market Share was driven poorly, but maybe Tetrick didn't want to come first over on that track. Many more battles to come from this group..