PDA

View Full Version : Sar R8 - Calling SRU

Some_One
07-19-2014, 05:00 PM
How the <bleep> did that :10: stay up? I counted 7 bumps into the :1: down the stretch.

tanner12oz
07-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Horse was all over the map..i had the 10 and thought he was history...1 looked like he was cannon shot mid stretch

thespaah
07-19-2014, 05:17 PM
After HRTV finished showing the Steward's Head on I went to the DVR...
I think they got this one right.
The :1: altered course after the :10: which was clear, made a right hand turn.
The :1: then rushed up the inside then hung a bit as the :10: under ( I counted) three right handed cracks of the whip. Here's the thing. At the point where the hedge starts, the hedge actually protrudes into the course. The :1: had to be moved out a path to continue and it appeared to me to lean on the :10: ....I think one could make a case to pull down the :10: and then pull down the :1: ..So IMO it's a wash.

VeryOldMan
07-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Here's the thing. At the point where the hedge starts, the hedge actually protrudes into the course. The :1: had to be moved out a path to continue and it appeared to me to lean on the :10: .

And the hedge appears to start right before the finish line. :10: seemed to herd the :1: into it, but maintained a straight path. Tough call and beat - I had no skin in this one.

TheEdge07
07-19-2014, 05:51 PM
And the hedge appears to start right before the finish line. :10: seemed to herd the :1: into it, but maintained a straight path. Tough call and beat - I had no skin in this one.

Serling on Twitter

"If this horse doesn't come down someone better put cuffs on me (and Beer)"

Stillriledup
07-19-2014, 05:52 PM
After HRTV finished showing the Steward's Head on I went to the DVR...
I think they got this one right.
The :1: altered course after the :10: which was clear, made a right hand turn.
The :1: then rushed up the inside then hung a bit as the :10: under ( I counted) three right handed cracks of the whip. Here's the thing. At the point where the hedge starts, the hedge actually protrudes into the course. The :1: had to be moved out a path to continue and it appeared to me to lean on the :10: ....I think one could make a case to pull down the :10: and then pull down the :1: ..So IMO it's a wash.

They don't have a head on camera....so, how can you make a DQ without a head on?

The camera on the turf is some kind of pan....maybe they can't afford a head on camera?

Some_One
07-19-2014, 06:25 PM
They don't have a head on camera....so, how can you make a DQ without a head on?

The camera on the turf is some kind of pan....maybe they can't afford a head on camera?

It wasn't a true head on, maybe 4/5'th head on, but what they showed it was clear the 1 was trying to stay on the rail and got driven into the rail multiple times.

thespaah
07-19-2014, 06:30 PM

The camera tower is offset from the Inner Turf. That's the one they use for the Steward's Head on. Because the clubhouse turn it literally curb side of Nelson Ave, there does not look like there's a good place to erect another one.
That's not really the issue here. I didn't see any problem with not having a straight one head on camera.

Tom
07-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Stewards all out to lunch?
Should I be expecting ANOTHER Saratoga steward to be coming to Finger Lakes this fall? :rolleyes:

thespaah
07-19-2014, 06:58 PM
question for all.
In your opinion, is the instance of ANY contact among horses or a horse that alters course is ALWAYS grounds for a DQ?

Some_One
07-19-2014, 07:10 PM
question for all.
In your opinion, is the instance of ANY contact among horses or a horse that alters course is ALWAYS grounds for a DQ?

No (see what happen to Buena Vista in the Japan Cup a couple of years ago), only when it affects the placings (margin here was a thin nose).

tanner12oz
07-19-2014, 08:01 PM
question for all.

issue was the razor thin win...any hinderance cost him

Ocala Mike
07-19-2014, 08:26 PM
I had the :1: into the :10: DD (NORTHSTAR BOY), but I didn't have the :10: / :10: . Looked like a takedown to me, but nothing shocks me any more.

Stillriledup
07-19-2014, 08:34 PM
The camera tower is offset from the Inner Turf. That's the one they use for the Steward's Head on. Because the clubhouse turn it literally curb side of Nelson Ave, there does not look like there's a good place to erect another one.
That's not really the issue here. I didn't see any problem with not having a straight one head on camera.

its a problem. A direct head on is needed, their head on is really offset, its very hard to see what happened unless you have a direct head on.

I was watching this replay and it looked like there might have been some crowding, but i couldn't tell one way or the other.

sammy the sage
07-19-2014, 09:57 PM
even WITH the NO dq...the 1 won the race...still no photo's that I've seen showing the 10 winning THE bob... :bang: :mad: :eek: :faint: :sleeping:

cj
07-19-2014, 10:21 PM
even WITH the NO dq...the 1 won the race...still no photo's that I've seen showing the 10 winning THE bob... :bang: :mad: :eek: :faint: :sleeping:

http://www.nyra.com/assets/5/27/SAR_20140719_8_2.jpg

sammy the sage
07-19-2014, 10:32 PM
thanks CJ...

thespaah
07-20-2014, 08:37 PM
its a problem. A direct head on is needed, their head on is really offset, its very hard to see what happened unless you have a direct head on.

I was watching this replay and it looked like there might have been some crowding, but i couldn't tell one way or the other.
The thing is in order to accomplish this, Nelson Ave would have to be moved and so would a couple houses.
The angle is not that bad. Really.

Stillriledup
07-20-2014, 08:59 PM
The thing is in order to accomplish this, Nelson Ave would have to be moved and so would a couple houses.
The angle is not that bad. Really.

I'm not suggesting to move avenues, but you can't make a DQ without a direct head on unless:

1) you want to make an educated guess
2) its so obvious that you don't need a direct head on