PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga R7 G3 Sanford

Lemon Drop Husker
07-19-2014, 02:53 PM
This is a really nice race with some solid 2 year olds.

The :2: :8: :9: look to be the favorites and will likely take a lot of public action. Obviously at 6F I'd be looking for speed, but this race is so full of speed I'll be looking for something of value to come off the pace.

The :2: :5: :8: :9: all look like they will come firing from the gate to get out in front and I'm expecting a speed duel to come about. The :2: Silverhill followed the :9: Cinco Charlie around the track in their last G3 at Churchill with the :9: eventually putting him away. This time around, however, Silverhill gets the better post which could make a big difference this time around.

With all this speed, I'm going to be looking for the :4: Big Trouble and the :7: Bessie's Boy to be coming late and possibly stealing this one. Dettori and Ward are a solid combination on the :7: and I'll have to watch the tote board to see what kind of value I may get. When all is said and done, I will likely land on the :4: Big Trouble who has been working like a monster after his Maiden win on June 1st. Hoping to get more than the listed 10/1 ML. Not a huge play, but a small investment on what looks to be a nice wagering race. (Unfortunately, speed looks to be holding today so this may well end up as a no play. :( )

EX: :4: :7: with :2: :4: :7: :8: :9:
W: :4:

letswastemoney
07-19-2014, 03:50 PM
Why would Bessie's Boy be coming from behind if he ran up front in his first two starts? I would think he's part of the duel.

PhantomOnTour
07-19-2014, 03:59 PM
I expect the :5: to be on the early lead for D. Wayne Lukas...can't tell you what will happen next, but I see this dude setting the pace.

Lemon Drop Husker
07-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Why would Bessie's Boy be coming from behind if he ran up front in his first two starts? I would think he's part of the duel.

With the post and the other early speed in this race I see Ward/Dettori sitting the :7: off the pace. Could easily be wrong.

Robert Fischer
07-19-2014, 04:05 PM
:8: :7: :9:

good luck

Lemon Drop Husker
07-19-2014, 04:07 PM
I expect the :5: to be on the early lead for D. Wayne Lukas...can't tell you what will happen next, but I see this dude setting the pace.

Definitely. I think the :5: has the early lead. Not a big fan of his last furlong in :13.3. :eek:

Gonna make a small play on the :4: .

PhantomOnTour
07-19-2014, 04:10 PM
There's some value in the :2: who looks like he'll get a nice inside stalking trip, but I am not betting this race.

My play money bet:

EX:
2-9 w 2-5-8-9
WIN:
2-5

PhantomOnTour
07-19-2014, 04:19 PM
Definitely. I think the :5: has the early lead. Not a big fan of his last furlong in :13.3. :eek:

Good job - he got up..but man, Lanerie rode the :5: like an amateur.
Ran up on heels mid turn, couldn't straighten his mount entering the lane, and bumped repeatedly with the winner.

Lemon Drop Husker
07-19-2014, 04:20 PM

And now we'll see if the :4: stands. I'm probably biased but it looked like the :5: created all the contact to me.

EMD4ME
07-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Great pick!!!