PDA

View Full Version : Death of Old America

classhandicapper
07-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Pat Buchanan

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/07/patrick-j-buchanan/death-of-the-old-america/

RunForTheRoses
07-19-2014, 10:39 AM
I don't always agree 100% with PB (although maybe 85% and this article approaches 100%) and after reading his autobio I don't think I'd like to hang out with him but he is an important presence in the national political dialogue. To a certain extent I think he is grandfathered in and when he's gone I don't think a younger person with similar views will be allowed to sit down at the table of acceptable discourse although internet outposts will still exist as long as it does not become regulated.

Regarding the article it will be interesting to see what happens in the next decades. Change is coming fast. If the economy, bulked up on money printing steroids, crashes-lookout.

classhandicapper
07-20-2014, 10:11 AM
I don't always agree 100% with PB (although maybe 85% and this article approaches 100%) and after reading his autobio I don't think I'd like to hang out with him but he is an important presence in the national political dialogue. To a certain extent I think he is grandfathered in and when he's gone I don't think a younger person with similar views will be allowed to sit down at the table of acceptable discourse although internet outposts will still exist as long as it does not become regulated.

Regarding the article it will be interesting to see what happens in the next decades. Change is coming fast. If the economy, bulked up on money printing steroids, crashes-lookout.

I agree with you.

There's no one else that can get away with some of the stuff he writes and remain mainstream. I'm sure there are a lot of people on the left anxiously waiting for him to kick the bucket. :lol:

Me personally, I love him for being allowed to tell the truth as he see it even when I don't agree with him. I agree with him on some things that people are "not allowed" to say even if they are true or believe them privately. So we need him.

Just look what's going on in France and other parts of Europe. The Muslims are not assimilating. They are rioting over Israeli policy in Gaza. Then I'm supposed to believe it makes perfect sense to allow millions of them to come to the US where there is a huge Jewish population and where the US tends to back Israel. No potential issues there. :bang:

I remember years ago I used to think about eventually moving out of NY to somewhere where things were simpler, the economy was run conservatively, and there was less crime. Now I look at the US economy and direction of the country and I think in terms of possible new countries I could move to.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/1.606036

NJ Stinks
07-20-2014, 06:46 PM
I think MSNBC hurt itself severely when it let Pat Buchanan go a few years ago. Say what you want about Pat but one thing is or sure - the man believes what he says. No phony outrage. And lots of controversial discussion.

Just what a political news station needs.

JustRalph
07-20-2014, 07:26 PM
has he been right more often than not?

I don't follow him that closely........ I can't answer it. But NJ is right about MSNBC or CNN or whomever let him go. He is perfect for political TV

Hank
07-20-2014, 10:52 PM
The central pillar of his argument is an absurd falsehood.... "In 1960, we were not nearly so diverse. Nine in 10 Americans professed a Christian faith. Nine in 10 Americans traced their ancestry back to Europe. E Pluribus Unum. We were one nation and one people."In 1960 millions of US citizens who were "born" in the "Christian" "Eurocentric" USA were living under a Jim-crow apartheid system of oppression which denied them their civil and human rights.Now surely a wise old head like Pat B knew this.The thing is, he also knew that his target audience for this article would not be overly concerned with a trivial matter like civil and human rights for "non Europeans" because after all they are the problem.

Greyfox
07-20-2014, 11:40 PM
The central pillar of his argument is an absurd falsehood.... "In 1960, we were not nearly so diverse. Nine in 10 Americans professed a Christian faith. Nine in 10 Americans traced their ancestry back to Europe. E Pluribus Unum..

Independent of your views of civil rights about blacks and their very unfortunate position in 1960 in many States , show us how Buchanan distorted any facts that make his comment a falsehood. America was what it was.

davew
07-21-2014, 12:06 AM
he is too conservative for MSNBC

Obamas dad was in country on student visa - married his mom although he was currently married - a bastard son of a foreigner

in 40 years, one of these illegals will be president speaking spanish- if the country is still around

PICSIX
07-21-2014, 07:25 AM

Not if, but "when".....the gov't can't push a rope forever!

classhandicapper
07-21-2014, 09:34 AM
The central pillar of his argument is an absurd falsehood.... "In 1960, we were not nearly so diverse. Nine in 10 Americans professed a Christian faith. Nine in 10 Americans traced their ancestry back to Europe. E Pluribus Unum. We were one nation and one people."In 1960 millions of US citizens who were "born" in the "Christian" "Eurocentric" USA were living under a Jim-crow apartheid system of oppression which denied them their civil and human rights.Now surely a wise old head like Pat B knew this.The thing is, he also knew that his target audience for this article would not be overly concerned with a trivial matter like civil and human rights for "non Europeans" because after all they are the problem.

This was not an article suggesting that all was perfect with the US in the 60s and now it's all going to hell.

It was an article pointing out that most conflicts around the globe are religious or ethnic and there is a growing tendency for nations to break apart or try to break apart because of it. So his conclusion is that by having almost uncontrolled immigration of a variety of ethnic backgrounds and religions the old US is disappearing and we may be setting ourselves up for the type of conflict and disintegration later that we see in other parts of the world now.

classhandicapper
07-21-2014, 09:40 AM
has he been right more often than not?

That's hard to say because most of his views are extremely long term in nature. He has shifted his political philosophy a little over the years. He used to be a hardcore republican. He had a falling out with them. Now I'd say he's more "non involvement" libertarian on foreign policy, pro small government, but remains pro conservative Christian values and pro the country's original European roots as leading to better results.