PDA

View Full Version : Obama's first response against Russia

Dahoss2002
07-19-2014, 03:36 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/07/16/obamas-latest-executive-order-slapping-russia-with-sanctions-could-affect-some-ak-47-owning-americans/

Way to get the gun control in first!

HUSKER55
07-19-2014, 11:27 AM
most gunsmiths can probably make any gun you want. Mass production may be an issue but I will wager the people who want those guns will get them.

Clocker
07-19-2014, 12:13 PM
Glenn Beck and The Blaze tend to blow things out of proportion for effect. The executive order adds about 20 Russian firms to an existing order of sanctioned companies. I'd like to see more details, but there is no indication of what those other companies do.

I don't think this is about guns. The purpose of sanctions is to get Russian companies to put pressure on their government. The US is a big market for Kalashnikov Concern, and this will hurt them. And I doubt that Obama has a clue what Kalashnikov Concern is or what they produce. As far as I know, their big share in the US market is shotguns, not AK-47s.

Similar weapons are available from other sources, including Bulgaria and Romania. They will be helped, and should be able to easily increase production to meet any increase in demand from the US. There should be little or no impact on the availability of weapons to Americans.

Tom
07-19-2014, 06:56 PM
This whole think is on Putin.
The appropriate response to completely shut down Russia from the world.
Russia is no one's friend and they have always been, and will always be, an Evil Empire. The civilized world needs to contain them.