High percentage
Low percentage
High ROI
Low ROI

Then, which option do you go for?

Jack

andicap
04-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Have you ALWAYS been in New Rochelle or did I just notice it?

Where in the Queen City are you located?

I don't like either option -- they infer extremes (15% winners or 40% winners).
I land in the middle...mainly looking for 3-1/9-1 sweetspot horses (if its a real longshot, I want to know why my figures like it but no one else does before I bet.) So I'm somewhere in the middle....20-25% win, really trying to avoid those looooooooooong losing streaks.

I really wish I had a low ROI, high % play (3% ROI, at least 35% winners or 60% or so if place betting) that was reliable. I would pound the rebate shops -- giving me a 10% ROI -- and keep turning over my bankroll. I think you'd make more money that way since you're avoid bankroll depleting losing streaks and would be able to bet more.

jackad
04-27-2004, 10:53 AM
andicap,
You may have noticed that Wolson has been posting selections on this board for most of this month. After 280 bets he shows a 35% win percentage and a +25% ROI !

(I've been in New Rochelle for somewhat more than a year now but only more recently changed my profile on this board to reflect that. I'm just off Pelham Road near the Super A&P)

Thanks for your response.

Jack

andicap
04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
That's ideal because you wont get many of those 10-race losing streaks that kill your bankroll and your mental state.

I used to work near there at the Standard-Star in the early 80s.
Played softball near there and went drinking at that bar on the sound whose name I can't recall.

Don't come downtown much anymore since I'm on the far north end off Wilmot Road, near Eastchester.
I dont like New Roc City much -- way too many kids -- and downtown is kind of a hole. There is a pretty good pizza place not far from you down Main Street. Modern Pizza. And the Indian restaurant downtown isn't bad either.
But best places to eat near you are in Larchmont and Mamaroneck.
If you love sea food and don't mind waiting a while try Gus' on Halstead in Harrison. A Westchester icon.

kenwoodallpromos
04-27-2004, 03:21 PM
wins- low%=33% or less; high %= 34% or more. Low ROI= under 1.10; high ROI= 1.10 or more.