Cholly
07-18-2014, 10:44 AM
What time does it start during SAR?

Cholly
07-18-2014, 11:55 AM
started @ 11:50 EDT today

OTM Al
07-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Notice for those attending live, it is being broadcast from the paddock now, not the carousel.

Little Watermelon
07-18-2014, 01:07 PM
It's a waste of time reminiscing about the good old days because they are not coming back, but the seminars at Siro's with Harvey Pack and guests were tremendously entertaining, with a feeling of camaraderie as you were sitting among fellow horseplayers enjoying the laughs and listening to good handicapping talk. The seminars in the carousel, as far as the content being delivered, is still valuable to listen to, but the setting and the sound were not optimal. Last year, the day after the Travers, Serling and either Beyer or Crist were analyzing the previous days stakes races at length before going into the day's card. When Serling said "now to today's races" the guy next to me said "Thank God". I asked him if he was interesting in hearing the analysis, he said, "no". Once I had to ask a lady to pipe down while the show was going on so I could hear them and she told me to move somewhere else. That's a couple of incidents. The analysis, which is the worthwhile thing, is lost to many of the people there, they only care about the program numbers of the analysts picks.

I never understood the fun of blindly betting someone else's picks, without knowing the rationale behind the picks.

thespaah
07-18-2014, 01:31 PM
It's a waste of time reminiscing about the good old days because they are not coming back, but the seminars at Siro's with Harvey Pack and guests were tremendously entertaining, with a feeling of camaraderie as you were sitting among fellow horseplayers enjoying the laughs and listening to good handicapping talk. The seminars in the carousel, as far as the content being delivered, is still valuable to listen to, but the setting and the sound were not optimal. Last year, the day after the Travers, Serling and either Beyer or Crist were analyzing the previous days stakes races at length before going into the day's card. When Serling said "now to today's races" the guy next to me said "Thank God". I asked him if he was interesting in hearing the analysis, he said, "no". Once I had to ask a lady to pipe down while the show was going on so I could hear them and she told me to move somewhere else. That's a couple of incidents. The analysis, which is the worthwhile thing, is lost to many of the people there, they only care about the program numbers of the analysts picks.

I never understood the fun of blindly betting someone else's picks, without knowing the rationale behind the picks.
I have had my experiences there with these Chatty Cathy's who are simply there to write down numbers.
Last year a guy politely asked these two women if they were not interested in the commentary to please be considerate of others. These two looked at this guy as though he'd just broken all of their little cupcake's crayons.
With that two other people chimed in. Perfect example of public shaming. These two wind up dolls got the message and walked off in a huff.