PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer

judd
07-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Race 1 no 6 my name is Jake 10-1 ml wps

dre22era
07-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the people talking between the races at Moutaineer giving their expert picks are never correct and they have no care in the world

judd
07-16-2014, 07:09 PM
I don't listen to them who did they pick race 1

dre22era
07-16-2014, 07:13 PM
I just cut it on. I followed them last night and they were an absolute joke the last 3 races especially the last one.

dre22era
07-16-2014, 07:29 PM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2jxs3q.jpg

Tall One
07-16-2014, 11:27 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like the people talking between the races at Moutaineer giving their expert picks are never correct and they have no care in the world

I enjoy watching the different coverage and commentaries from the track(s) I'm playing...but, not this one. :ThmbDown:

Gapfire
07-17-2014, 12:35 AM
I've always enjoyed listening to Mark and Nancy. Mark is a member here.(Mountainman) He knows his craft, and is a true student of the game.

Gapfire
07-17-2014, 12:41 AM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/2jxs3q.jpg

3-5 exacta paid $95. Mark had it in his top 3.

lamboguy
07-17-2014, 06:00 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like the people talking between the races at Moutaineer giving their expert picks are never correct and they have no care in the worldi am going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you haven't posted that much here. the Mountaineer handicappers have to pick every single race every single day. its almost impossible to do. they happen to do a decent job for a very difficult track to follow. Mountaineer is right next to a river and the track bias often changes during a full nights worth of racing. you can see inside speed winning the first 3 races of the day and then all of a sudden the track plays well for wide closer's. they have the benefit of being there for many years now and are able to pick up on the changes faster than anyone including myself. i do my own charting of track conditions there and plenty of times i have it wrong and they have it right.

the next thing is that when you are betting your money, you have to figure things out for yourself. a public handicapper is paid to handicap, they have no idea ahead of time what the price of the horses are going to be when the race goes off. remember you are the one that is pulling the trigger every time you plunk your money down, therefore you have to make your own personal assessment of the situation and do what you think is good for yourself.

dre22era
07-17-2014, 05:07 PM
i am going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you haven't posted that much here. the Mountaineer handicappers have to pick every single race every single day. its almost impossible to do. they happen to do a decent job for a very difficult track to follow. Mountaineer is right next to a river and the track bias often changes during a full nights worth of racing. you can see inside speed winning the first 3 races of the day and then all of a sudden the track plays well for wide closer's. they have the benefit of being there for many years now and are able to pick up on the changes faster than anyone including myself. i do my own charting of track conditions there and plenty of times i have it wrong and they have it right.

the next thing is that when you are betting your money, you have to figure things out for yourself. a public handicapper is paid to handicap, they have no idea ahead of time what the price of the horses are going to be when the race goes off. remember you are the one that is pulling the trigger every time you plunk your money down, therefore you have to make your own personal assessment of the situation and do what you think is good for yourself.
Thanks for the insight. I am indeed a rookie. I guess I just need to have patience and continue to educate myself about everything and stick to one track. Its frustrating at times.